Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Invisible Game: FSU @ Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 965

The Invisible Game: FSU @ Clemson

Oct 12, 2019, 11:11 AM

If you're looking for any discussion, hype - even a bottom-of-screen TV listing of upcoming games for Oct 12 - one game you WON'T find or hear any talk about - - FSU vs CU. You'll see, hear or find something on every other game happening today but NOT FSU/CU.

#3 UGA vs unranked Scar? Yes. It's UGA, so definitely it's BIG. Will Scar beat UGA? No, but since UGA is playing, it's being promoted.

This isn't a "network thing." #9 N.Dame plays an unranked USC on NBC. Lots of talk/info on that one. #1 BAMA!! plays #24 Tex A&M on CBS. When CU played A&M and the Aggies were #10 or #11 - that was nothing - NOT a quality win. Now that #1 BAMA!! has 'em (1st ranked team Bama's played all year), A&M is suddenly a big deal. OKLA/TEX is on Fox @ noon, & of course it's been all over every sports show. #10 Penn St vs #17 Iowa tonight on ABC is BIG! Oh man, it's SO big! And of course - FL @ LSU is just - too big to envision (ESPN night game).

Even though CU is #2 & playing an improved but unranked FSU - all I've heard is ...crickets. It's the "invisible game of the day" (I would argue though, it's at least as noteworthy as UGA vs Scar) - - but as far as sports media's concerned - it's nothing.

Rather than any talk or promotion about FSU/CU, the only storyline is not about THIS GAME. Instead, it's shifted to a broader topic: "IF Clemson runs the table, is that even good ENOUGH to make the playoffs?" [And keep in mind, when WE played A&M it was nothing - but because BAMA!! plays 'em today - that's B-I-G!!]

Some will say, "Well Bama's playing at 3:30 and so is CU - and they're putting US on ABC!" I think I know why. In case we lose, a bigger audience will see it (they hope). And, we all know that Bama's SO great, they could put 'em on C-SPAN & they'd grab the #1 TV ranking of the day. After all, did you see Tua pass for 7 TDs against SW Arkansas Women's Teachers' College!?

Seems the #2 team playing FSU would get a mention somewhere besides the ACCN & TigerNet, but we haven't. It's still at LEAST as important as UGA/Scar, but the sports world thinks not. ...CRICKETS...

Today - FSU @ Clemson is truly the "invisible game." But it WILL be the #1 most talked about game - IF WE LOSE. That I can guarantee. You won't be able to escape it for the next week. How many times will ESPN rerun it if CU loses? I'd say all week, every 6 hours on one channel or the other.

If CU wins, as I hope & expect, it will remain invisible - "Never happened & who cares? The bigger issue is - will Clemzzon make the playoffs even @ 13&0? But let's recap the REALLY big games today - UGA/Scar; ND/USC and of course #1BAMA!! who took on that tough A&M!"

We're hated & shunned - and I think, honestly - that's a pretty good place to be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you done whining?***

Oct 12, 2019, 11:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you done whining?***

Oct 12, 2019, 11:31 AM

I'm done Snowflake.

Re: you done whining?***

Oct 12, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to you done whining?*** ]

You gotta problem with dat? Take it to your FGF bored.

Re: The Invisible Game: FSU @ Clemson

Oct 12, 2019, 11:20 AM

I'm glad someone else sees what I see. I posted this same stuff last week or two weeks ago and got slammed by espn apologist on this site. I suggest ppl going back and finding those aholes on this topic, might make ppl watch what they say! They tht thought it was funny to make me out like a fool . Thts one thing I dont get about this site, is Clemson fans making fun or making it personal against other Clemson fans. Plus one sir Go Tigers !!

Oct 12, 2019, 11:35 AM

HuHud82 hit the nail squarely on the head. No whining, just facts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2019, 12:12 PM

I think we can all agree that ABC stands for Anyone But Clemson.

Oct 12, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The Invisible Game: FSU @ Clemson ]

College Gameday had picks for FCS teams and matchups of unranked trams, but again it’s another week where ESPN acts like Clemson doesn’t exist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 12, 2019, 11:49 AM

as long as it get's the clicks and reactions like yours, it will continue. Apathy is a powerful tool, use it.

or don't, I don't care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

They HAVE TO talk about the rest... CLEMSON, they know.

Oct 12, 2019, 12:23 PM

It's getting ready to happen... By the way, do you think those over-the-middle routes are waiting for for a 270# TE to exploit? Poor, sad DBs...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 965
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic