Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Charter horror stories are true. Based on what I’ve been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The Charter horror stories are true. Based on what I’ve been

Aug 27, 2019, 2:17 PM

reading for the last several days, most of you were spot on. I purposely waited until today so I could have a long window for fixing this. Everyone warned about the long wait. Correct as it took me 81 minutes on the phone. Everyone warned about being bounced around. That too was correct. Seven agents later we struck gold(no pun intended). I had the gold package already in place. I finally landed in the billing dept. my package was gold but had been in place since 2014. A few pecks of the keyboard and we’re up and running. The gist of this is, in order to help others on here as I have been helped, if you know you’re a legacy account ask for the billing dept. They updated it to Spectrum Gold(which is what the bill said I already had). Had I known to go straight to billing , it would have been a 10 minute fix at best. Anyway, I hope this helps someone. Go Tigers and let’s humble the bumble on Thursday night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Charter horror stories are true. Based on what I’ve been

Aug 27, 2019, 2:27 PM

Humble the Bumble! Plus one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 2:35 PM

I went straight to Charter billing and got switched in about 5 minutes.

I posted on T-net at least 3 different times in the last week that all you had to do was go straight to their billing office and not to call your local charter office.
Some of you people either didn’t see my posts or are just plain too hard headed to follow instructions.

Getting switched was a piece of cake if you had even an ounce of brains.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 2:40 PM

Well if that is the case Charter is pretty stupid not to just transfer you to billing then. Sounds like a real group of bozos there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The Charter horror stories are true. Based on what I’ve been ]

Do you know where I may be able to locate a brain? Asking for a friend....

TIA in advance,
Dorothy

Aug 27, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: The Charter horror stories are true. Based on what I’ve been ]

I would easily put my money on hard headed and untrusting!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The Charter horror stories are true. Based on what I’ve been ]

Not sure on the amount of ounces of brains needed but, no, I (you people or whatever you called me) did not see your poast. Glad it all worked for you regardless of the attitude. Go Tigers...Smart ones and the ounce or less of brains ones!

Aug 27, 2019, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: The Charter horror stories are true. Based on what I’ve been ]

It wasnt that simple for everyone. I was also identified as being an older account so I was sent to billing. They updated my account, got me set up with a new package and said it would be working in a few minutes only if never did . They then had to send me a new modem because my old one wasn't able to get that channel for some reason, even though it showed on my channel guide. Only once the new modem was delivered, installed and activated did I finally have the ACCN.

Aug 27, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: The Charter horror stories are true. Based on what I’ve been ]

A lot of the problems would have been corrected a lot quicker if C/S had notified their customers that ACCN was added only to Spectrum accounts and many of us still needed to update from Charter.

Apparently there were a number of combinations of issues. Everyone at the Spectrum store last night had different versions of what they'd been told.

We had to migrate our account, which the Thursday and Friday customer service reps totally missed. The first Sunday rep told us we needed a new modem but failed to mention the Charter vs Spectrum aspect. The second Sunday rep partially set us up and told us to turn in the Charter modem and get a Spectrum modem. The guy at the activation number Monday was the one who finally got everything working.

Another tip that worked for me ...

Aug 27, 2019, 2:55 PM

Don't even call. Go to you charter account online and use the online chat. I did that while watching tv and it was quick and painless. I used it twice and was helped immediately the first time, and had to wait less than 5 minutes the second time. Once they identified the problem (I had legacy pricing instead of the newer SPP pricing) the fix was quick and took effect immediately.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic