Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After seeing Chad Morris as the #1 coaching prospect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

After seeing Chad Morris as the #1 coaching prospect

Jun 10, 2013, 2:14 PM

on Espn i started to wonder if he told D. Watson he woudl be his coach for all 4 years at Clemson? or just that he would be D.Watson's coach for all 4 years? meaning wherever he ended up.... this is the part that stinx about having premeir coaches but I wouldn't have it any other way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After seeing Chad Morris as the #1 coaching prospect

Jun 10, 2013, 2:20 PM

doubt he would say that "i promise to be here for 4 years" but rather use coach's speak "that I have no plans to leave Clemson."

Watson has stated....

Jun 10, 2013, 2:21 PM

that Morris knows he is a hot commodity, and would expect him to leave. He says he is committed to the program, not the coach.

We hope it's true

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also remember him saying that Chad Morris

Jun 10, 2013, 2:26 PM

is big reason why he chose Clemson and if he leaves, things could change. I don't have the link on when he said this but lets hope I am wrong and we get this kid.

Go Tigers

Have you kicked your dog today?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

unless The Chad leaves before the season starts....

Jun 10, 2013, 2:39 PM

I think Watson stays.

Watson will be an early enrollee..

Jun 10, 2013, 4:54 PM

So I think you're 100% right.

Don't you think that Michael Carvell and the AJC started all of these rumors???

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

The Chad will stay at Clemson until...

Jun 10, 2013, 2:30 PM

The TAMU job is open. The A&M job will not be open for a long time so you have nothing to worry about as that is the only position that is an upgrade to Morris vs. Being OC at Clemson

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Chad will stay at Clemson until...

Jun 10, 2013, 3:15 PM

I agree with you except for one other possibility...Baylor. But I don't think Art Briles is leaving any time soon either. Baylor is paying him big money and A&M can pay Sumlin anything they want to stay. Texas will never hire a OC to be HC without HC experience..Muschamp might be next in line there. The other issue is, and people don't take it seriously, is Chad told his daughter they would not move while she was in High School. I think except for A&M, Baylor, or Texas he is not leaving Clemson as long as we continue to keep him the highest paid OC in the country.

While Being OC at Clemson is a great job....

Jun 10, 2013, 3:28 PM [ in reply to The Chad will stay at Clemson until... ]

I don't think your statement is totally accurate.

When people start throwing money at you, that can change your perspective of what constitutes "an upgrade" very quickly.

I could see the Kansas, Iowa, Missouri or Washington jobs being open next year. All of those teams are offense oriented and would represent a SIGNIFICANT pay increase for Chad. Like over $1 Million dollars worth. If you don't think that would at least make him stop and think about it, you're nutz.

You've heard of the price of success? Well, this is it.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Tell 'em coot***

Jun 10, 2013, 3:46 PM

Ahh, there you are***

Jun 10, 2013, 3:53 PM

Re: While Being OC at Clemson is a great job....

Jun 10, 2013, 4:28 PM [ in reply to While Being OC at Clemson is a great job.... ]

I don't think there is any doubt that jobs like these will be offered to Morris. I also believe Clemson is willing to match the offers that these schools make. I agree with one of the other posters who said that he will hold out for the A&M, TX, or potentially Baylor job. If we are willing to pay him like he is a head coach, he will be at Clemson for a while. Either way, I would rather lose our OC because he is a great coach than the alternative. I remember when we had Moody as our OC back in the late '90s and he was horrible. We hired him away from UNC, and their fans thanked us for taking him away. I like this situation much better.

Morris was on Texas Tech's short list.

Jun 10, 2013, 5:04 PM

They eventually hired Kliff Kingsbury for 2.1 Million. That's quite the bump over 1.3 Million Morris is getting.

And don't forget there were rumors that Morris also interviewed and or was in consideration for the Auburn and the N.C. State jobs.

Bottom line is, IMHO, I don't think there is a ceiling for Coach Morris right now. He's in the drivers seat for sure.

Well let me ask you this

Jun 10, 2013, 4:28 PM [ in reply to While Being OC at Clemson is a great job.... ]

Would you rather get paid 1.3 mil at Clemson with much less pressure as OC or go to a school mid major school making a few hundred thousand more to be the HC?
He gets paid bc we want it take a great job to lose him and because he's top notch. I'm shocked if he leaves for less than double or a school that doesn't already have top 20 things in place like stadium, fan base, other facilities, etc.

You're kidding yourself...

Jun 10, 2013, 3:01 PM

if you don't think this is EXACTLY what Nick Satan is telling Watson.

Don't shoot the messenger.

YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELF IF YOU THINKL DABO

Jun 10, 2013, 4:20 PM

HAS NOT ALWAYZ PREFERED THIS STYLE OF OFFENSE...TEMPO IS AND WAS ESTABLISHED AT CLEMSON WITH TOMMY B/RR...A REAL CLEMSON MAN THINKS NO FURTHER THAN THE ORANGE AND WHITE GAMES WHERE DABO COACHED ONE TEAM AND TOMMY'S OC STRUGGLED AGAINST DABO...UNDERSTAND THE COUNTER COOT?

Re: YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELF IF YOU THINKL DABO

Jun 10, 2013, 4:26 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmns1hF3OItu7YM4Ifxyhp4M6QPpbbR4RCJoJ0gzVbj0Sizfsp

All I was trying to say is that you know that Nick Saban (and every other recruiter that's recruiting against Clemson this year) is using Clemson's success and Morris' pick as the #1 assistant coach in the land in his recruiting pitch to Watson. That's all I was trying to say.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You don't bc you're a coot.

Jun 10, 2013, 4:36 PM

My reply is Dabo has a plan, which is bigger than one man.

Did I say Dabo didn't have a plan?

Jun 10, 2013, 4:39 PM

I simply pointed out something that everyone with a pulse knows is happening. I didn't say that Wastson was going to BUY that line from Nick Satan and his staff, I just said you know it's what they are telling him. In fact, I didn't say anything negative about Clemson at all. Bottom line is most recruiters are like used car salesmen, they will say anything to get a recruit to say "Yes", weather it's true or false.

I'd even counter my own argument by saying look at the 2014 commitments and something Clemson is saying must be working.

There's two sides to every coin. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly.

Before Dabo I felt an originator of a scheme was what was

Jun 10, 2013, 4:45 PM

needed...I now see where even the Great Ball Sack lost touch in time and what matters is cutting edged vision, which Dabo has, and is why Nick Saban is whining about too many plays. Saban's Bama Championships have been handed to him mostly with ESPN/the current CFB format that is gone after this year. Even at Bama with perks Nick sees the writing on the wall.

Go Tigers!!

You forgot to mention Slive and preferential scheduling.***

Jun 10, 2013, 4:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said that Saban wasn't saying that?

Jun 10, 2013, 4:37 PM [ in reply to You're kidding yourself... ]

I would put Dabo's ability to retain his coaching staff above Nick's any day. I realize that SEC fans think that playing for Saban is enough, but it's not like Saban is the offensive genius.

null

Misspelled "Nicki". +1.***

Jun 10, 2013, 4:49 PM [ in reply to You're kidding yourself... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go back to utah

Jun 10, 2013, 3:37 PM

Lonnie coot

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic