Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Belk Bowl will be no more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The Belk Bowl will be no more

Nov 20, 2019, 8:40 PM

CHARLOTTE SPORTS FOUNDATION SEEKING TITLE SPONSOR FOR BOWL GAME AS BELK COMPLETES 9-YEAR RUN

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina – The Charlotte Sports Foundation today announced that Belk will conclude its run as title sponsor of Charlotte’s annual post-Christmas football bowl tradition following this year’s Belk Bowl at Bank of America Stadium.

The Foundation is in active discussions with potential title sponsors for 2020 and beyond. In addition to the holiday bowl game, the sponsorship also includes the season-opening College Kickoff game, which next year will feature Notre Dame and Wake Forest.

“Belk has been an exceptional partner for Charlotte’s holiday bowl game since signing on to sponsor the first Belk Bowl in 2011,” said Danny Morrison, executive director of the Charlotte Sports Foundation. “This bowl has become a great Charlotte sports tradition that has a significant economic impact on the Charlotte region, and we could not have achieved the success we have enjoyed without Belk’s commitment and the support of our other community partners.”

The bowl game also has provided a great experience for visiting teams, with players enjoying holiday shopping sprees at Belk, taking laps at Charlotte Motor Speedway, packing bags of food for Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, visiting patients at Levine Children’s Hospital and other community service events.

“We are extremely grateful for our partnership with the Charlotte Sports Foundation and the opportunity to be the title sponsor for the Belk Bowl over the past nine years,” said Lisa Harper, Chief Executive Officer of Belk. “They are a first-class organization and have made the Belk Bowl a staple event for Charlotte. Belk is proud to have been part of this tradition.”

Over its tenure as an ACC-SEC matchup, the Belk Bowl’s average viewership has ranked in the top five TV audiences for a non-playoff college bowl game. Moving forward over the next six years, the Charlotte bowl game will pit the ACC against a Big Ten opponent in 2020, 2022 and 2024, with an ACC team meeting an SEC team in the odd-numbered years of 2021, 2023 and 2025.

“With the expansion of our ties to the strongest conferences in college football, the future of our bowl has never looked brighter,” said Morrison. “Dating back to 2002, the Charlotte bowl game has historically been in the top tier of all bowls from an attendance and ratings standpoint, and we are excited about working with a new title sponsor as we continue to elevate the game on the field and the fan experience surrounding the event.”

The matchup for the 2019 Belk Bowl will be announced Dec. 8. The game kicks off at noon Dec. 31 and will be televised on ESPN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hat off to Virginia won over USuC, 28-0 in 2018

Nov 20, 2019, 8:46 PM

GO CAVS!

Re: The Belk Bowl will be no more

Nov 20, 2019, 9:13 PM

Coots cause another Belk to give up football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.....Good one,***

Nov 20, 2019, 9:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: The Belk Bowl will be no more ]

Nice...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chickens lay an egg and Belk says, "no more". *

Nov 20, 2019, 9:26 PM

!

Nov 20, 2019, 9:31 PM

I can see how a retailer would tire of sponsoring SEC shoplifting sprees.

I'm waiting for a Campbell Soup Bowl........***

Nov 20, 2019, 9:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm waiting for a Campbell Soup Bowl........***

Nov 26, 2019, 10:04 PM

I wonder if the ServPro Bowl will be "like it never happened" again?

Nov 20, 2019, 9:49 PM

Belk Didn’t want to be associated with u of sc.

Nov 20, 2019, 10:11 PM

I know/knew Danny Morrison when he was the AD at Wofford here in Spartanburg. Good guy, really, but he's all about (1) his personal image, and (2) his opportunity to capitalize on it. He's done very well....

Go Tigers - "No Belk Bowl for you!!"

That's Danny for sure...

Nov 26, 2019, 10:27 PM

surprised he's not in politics...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 1:24 AM

When 5-7 teams can get to bowls that proves to me that there are too many bowls. I see that more are wanted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_bowl_games#Future_bowl_games

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic