Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I noticed last night that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I noticed last night that

Jan 29, 2020, 12:04 PM

almost every pass had a "fake" pass before it. Is this a rhythm thing? Part of the game plan? Does Syracuse get fooled easily? Does anyone know the reasoning? Thx.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how you're taught to get the ball to the lane against

Jan 29, 2020, 12:07 PM

a zone. A good fake pass gets the top of the zone moving and opens up a crease to the high post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That's how you're taught to get the ball to the lane against

Jan 29, 2020, 12:09 PM

Makes sense. Never noticed before last night. Thx.

Re: I noticed last night that

Jan 29, 2020, 12:08 PM

" Fake a pass to make a pass" - Terrence Oglesby

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I noticed last night that

I just read that. Should have read first.

Re: I noticed last night that- Fake it

Jan 29, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I noticed last night that ]

till you make it. Applies to hoops too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oglesby says in his article...

that high school coaches teach this as a fundamental. Paraphrasing - good passes always involve a fake pass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are virtually trying to spread out the zone

Jan 29, 2020, 12:24 PM

if you can get use the aggression of the perimeter defenses’ players against them by faking a pass you can open up the hole at the high post, which is pretty much your ultimate goal, because you force the defenders to make a decision they either crash on the player at the high post, which opens up the wing and the area beneath the basket, or they kind of allow the shooter to take that shot which isn’t very difficult.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cuse plays a very aggressive zone defense...

Jan 29, 2020, 12:28 PM

The fakes force the defenders to commit to crashing on the player near the FT line which opens-up someone on the outside or down on the low post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm going to disagree with that

Jan 29, 2020, 12:39 PM

The outside pass is almost always there anyway. You want to get the ball to the high post against the zone as opposed to trying to get defenders to crash the FT line. Once the ball is in the high post you've basically broken the zone and barring a turnover you will either get a jumper from the FT line, have the option of driving the lane if defenders are late, or drive it and dish as we saw Simms do late in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I should have said high post or beyond the FT line***

Jan 29, 2020, 12:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic