Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
transfer portal is nothing now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,391

transfer portal is nothing now

Jan 4, 2021, 5:31 PM

just wait till players are allowed to get paid..its going to blow up ten fold of players wanting to go to markets where they can make more banks..the recruiting is about to change ten fold

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.

Jan 4, 2021, 5:34 PM

College football is about to be dead in 10 years. Nothing like it is now.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No it's not, Mr. Little.

Jan 4, 2021, 5:35 PM

Players deserve a small portion of the freedom that coaches already get. Besides, I would expect Dabo Swinney to use all available options to his advantage, as he has always proven himself capable of.

For instance, players who don't play after 4 years can transfer out and free up a scholarship for a potentially better player that we need, which is what seems to be happening today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No it's not, Mr. Little.

Jan 4, 2021, 5:50 PM

This will be the end to college football as we know it...it will become pro football witch more and more are tuning out. No players are already getting paid free food, quality education, living quarters...it won't stop...no more Loyalty to schools as we are seeing right before our eyes...sorry i don't agree with paying players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a Chicken Little load of horse hockey.

Jan 4, 2021, 5:52 PM

some people can't handle change. You are one of those.

Re: That's a Chicken Little load of horse hockey.

Jan 4, 2021, 6:00 PM

When the change is objectively for the worse, I’m against it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Is this thread because two guys

Jan 4, 2021, 6:03 PM

Who stuck it out through all of their (normal) eligibility, decided to take the NCAA up on an extra year? How is that even remotely a bad thing for Williams and Nyles? It's great...good for them!

Face it, adulting ain't always what it's cracked up to be! Play the games while you can!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this thread because two guys

Jan 4, 2021, 6:09 PM

Yeah i guess loyalty is kinda old fashioned anyway...Hope our military never gets this attitude.

Re: Is this thread because two guys

Jan 4, 2021, 6:36 PM

Funny you’d mention the military when speaking of two guys who stayed at Clemson for 4 years and got their degrees. Would you call someone who left the military after their 4 years were up unloyal?

How do you know that Dabo and BV didn’t want this also in order to free up 2 additional spots? Imagine how much tighter the recruiting numbers would be if every player buried in the depth chart decided to stay all 5 years requiring us to turn down new recruits due to not having any room.

its amazing how so many think its a good thing

Jan 4, 2021, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: That's a Chicken Little load of horse hockey. ]

a place like clemson will suffer from it..if people dont think guys will be hitting up places like southern cal and what not due to the market they are fooling themselves

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,391
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic