Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT: If Liberty beats Nancy St. 3-0 vs. ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

OT: If Liberty beats Nancy St. 3-0 vs. ACC

Nov 19, 2020, 5:48 PM

Is this a yawn from the crowd or a gasp?

To me it's a bit of a gasp. I am not in the Sorry Excuse Conference mindset of supporting teams outside my own because they are in the same conference. However, Liberty going 3-0 in my opinion puts a bit of a black eye on the ACC as a whole.
With that being said, "I hope the Nancy St. can find a way to win it"! Of course, if they do win all the talk will be about how Hugh Freeze has his attention "on other jobs"!

Dave Doerean and Hugh Freeze are both about the caliber coach you would find in Columbia aren't they! This game could be called the: ###### bowl because of the two HC's. Nancy St. has a habit of playing above their heads against ranked opponents. We'll see.

No real winner in this! And, no if they lost it wouldn't hurt Clemson. But, for future purposes games like this should be won by the power 5 team! In a normal year you know this would be held against us! On the flip would this be an upset if Nancy won? Shouldn't be; but will be! Liberty!

The team I am referencing is: The Liberty University Flames! Liberty!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That will reflect poorly on the strength of the ACC

Nov 19, 2020, 6:07 PM

I may actually pull for NC State for once...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That will reflect poorly on the strength of the ACC

Nov 19, 2020, 6:57 PM

Sad to say; but me too! Many among us don't get it; it's not a "right now thing"! It is a perception "being belittled for the future" thing!

In the minds of voters; they don't consider the ACC much past Clemson! Sometimes Miami, Florida State, North Carolina and Virginia Tech get some love. But the overall perception of the ACC despite some numbers that would suggest it is nowhere near as bad as "it has been put out to be"! To include a couple of seasons ago going 9-3 in bowl season and winning a National Championship(2016) and winning the bowl championship trophy for most wins by a conference!

How many does the SEC have in the same time span? Or the Big 10? The perception in short - is deserved to a degree - but overblown by in large! Every conference has it's weak teams and traditionally strong teams who struggle. But, you don't hear about Jacksonville State beating Miss. St or San Jose St beating Arkansas. Or MAC teams who on ocassion beat a Big 10 team. Or Mountain West teams taking out Pac 12 opponents like Oregon St. Wasington St. etc. It's just the ACC's mishaps that gets blown up! All to satisfy a "THURST" for more SEC in the playoffs! Or more Big 10 and SEC in the best bowls or playoff spots. It's all relative to making it so!
Before you know if you promote one and downgrade the other - it starts to take care of itself after some time! Recruits don't want to play in the perceived weaker conference. Thus the teams will tend to "actually" be better in the strong conference after time. And, it snowballs from there. But, since 2010 only the SEC has put more players in the NFL than the ACC has. Nothing to hang heads about!

Luckily this season being so different - it won't matter as much! But, it will matter! If not now for years to come if things go back to "normal"!

Re: OT: If Liberty beats Nancy St. 3-0 vs. ACC

Nov 19, 2020, 11:03 PM

Syracuse I get, they are Turrible. Va Tech, I also get as they have a tradition of playing down to lower tier opponents plus their QB is unfamiliar with the forward pass. If after all that, State dosnt boat race them, I say boot all three to the Sun Belt and give us App St, UCF and Coastal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2020, 11:20 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing UCF in the ACC for just football! Every time I have seen them brought up people like to mention their rank in academics though. But, digging into it a bit, folks may have over-stated how poor they are.

The other two right now could replace those schools in football for sure. Would never happen which is why it's perfect message board stuff!

Nancy St. and Double D need to do "something" worth talking about even if it's beating Liberty so that the ACC is't 0-3.

ESPN FPI is giving Nancy St. a 71% chance of winning the game!

Nov 19, 2020, 11:24 PM

I read somewhere that Liberty has many power 5 transfers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 5:37 AM

If a small school wins games against a certain conference foes, that is no argument for them joining the conference. So many other factors to conference that I'm sure others understand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Liberty!!!

Nov 20, 2020, 6:15 AM

I hate Nancy state, and I don’t really care what people think of the ACC.
Clemson is Clemson, and we don’t need to be propped up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic