Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CDC/Media: Instead of scaring hayell out of EVERYONE,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

CDC/Media: Instead of scaring hayell out of EVERYONE,

Dec 3, 2020, 9:11 AM

How bout posting Total Cases and Death statistics for the last 30 days by State, age group and by category (Underlying health problem or not)?

Let us see what is really happening!

I tried rummaging thru the CDC site, but you need a Phd in 'puter science to find the info....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The data's being reported and it's not hard to find.

Dec 3, 2020, 9:16 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you see age group breakdown? I dont...

Dec 3, 2020, 9:24 AM

Murcielago

Ok, I can google that for you.

Dec 3, 2020, 9:28 AM

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#AgeAndSex

That is totals from Feb 1

Dec 3, 2020, 9:33 AM

Last 30 days, Murc.....FOCUS!

Re: That is totals from Feb 1

Dec 3, 2020, 9:35 AM

Can I get you anything while you wait sir, a cup of coffee, some water?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scroll down to where it says "Provisional death counts by

Dec 3, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to That is totals from Feb 1 ]

week ending date and age group."

THANK YOU!***

Dec 3, 2020, 9:46 AM

Ive looked at the age group death data for last month

Dec 3, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Scroll down to where it says "Provisional death counts by ]

All data is "Incomplete". That's ridiculous for a week over a month ago.
Even so, the up trends are only in the older groups. For the most part they need to stay home and/or away from crowds, like bars & restaurants.

Younger groups are getting Rona easier, but they sure aint going to the hospital or dying. The overall message from CDC and Media is not clear enough IMO

Re: That is totals from Feb 1

Dec 3, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to That is totals from Feb 1 ]

Bengal,

Here is the latest raw data (not %). All it took was google - covid death rates by age group recent - so maybe YOU should focus.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

A guy tries to do you a favor (which you could easily do for yourself) and you denigrate him. You are quite the charmer, aren't you.

Not denigrating anyone....

Dec 3, 2020, 9:44 AM

Again, your data is total from Feb 1

Interesting. In my age group, 4,054 men have died from Covid

Dec 3, 2020, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Ok, I can google that for you. ]

since February.

I'd imagine in any normal year, at least twice that many die immediately after saying "Hey y'all, hold my beer and watch this"

Trumpies: Instead of poo-pooing the science cause ORANGE MAN

Dec 3, 2020, 9:44 AM

Just wear your #### mask and keep your distances.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I wear it everyday outside home & car, Cata

Dec 3, 2020, 9:48 AM

Stop with the bullchit lumping everyone together...you show your ignorance when you do that

Good to hear!

Dec 3, 2020, 10:27 AM

Your posts don't exactly match that of someone who does it right, but I'm glad you are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

This stereotype seems reallly convenient.

Dec 3, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Trumpies: Instead of poo-pooing the science cause ORANGE MAN ]

Mask adherence seems to depend a lot more on regional norms than political affiliation. Not saying they're completely mutually exclusive, but I know a ton of libs and non-Trump supporters here who flaunt masks, while similarly, in more metropolitan areas there are plenty of Trump supporters who wear masks, because that's just the norm there.

Seems like more of an unwritten social contract at local levels than anything any politician is controlling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stats suggest politics plays a big role with masks.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:02 AM

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/10/29/both-republicans-and-democrats-cite-masks-as-a-negative-effect-of-covid-19-but-for-very-different-reasons/

Stats may suggest it, I'm just saying what I

Dec 3, 2020, 10:05 AM

see and have seen for 9 months now, anecdotal as it might be.

I know dems and pubs who don't wear masks, and I know dems and pubs who do. I have yet to meet a person who didn't wear a mask "cause Trump said so!".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I've seen in P&R supports the stats.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:10 AM

I don't think I've seen anyone on the left in here arguing about how masks don't work and they shouldn't have to wear one. That doesn't negate your own anecdotal observations, of course.

People probably don't refuse to wear a mask because Trump said so, but I bet they feel vindicated when Trump says the same things they've been saying.

I don't think a lot of you are getting out very much anymore

Dec 3, 2020, 10:19 AM

Watch even the most ardent mask supporters in their natural habitat, they'll be wearing it around their chin at least half the time. Masks are a nuisance for day to day activities, and it's about as simple as that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I certainly don't go to restaurants as often.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:29 AM

When I go to the supermarket or the gas station or the liquor store, mask compliance is at like 99%. There's occasionally a boomer with a not-too-bright look on their face wearing their mask beneath their nose, like a kid who was forced to get dressed up for Easter defiantly untucking their shirt halfway.

Wearing a mask for a few minutes a day is so comically low effort that I can't believe anyone would actually complain about having to do it, but here we are.

Yeah, that seems about right. You don't have to wear one

Dec 3, 2020, 10:34 AM

very much, so it takes a "comically low effort" on your part. For those whose work requires wearing one for hours on end, the not giving a #### about masks bridges all political, social, gender, and even species divides.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So we're going from "getting out very much" to

Dec 3, 2020, 11:03 AM

having to wear a mask for work? Those seem like pretty different things. I guess if there's a connection between being politically conservative and having to wear a mask for work it might explain the statistics, but I kinda doubt it.

In any case I'd still argue it takes comically low effort to wear a mask whether it's for 8 minutes or 8 hours. I don't hear surgeons, carpenters, firefighters or anyone else who has to wear a mask for work pulling this crybaby ####.

Two different points. First one being, that most people

Dec 3, 2020, 11:21 AM

wearing masks are not doing so correctly at least half of the time. Many are also fingering their masks and faces like a crackhead. This is true of people from all walks of life.

Second, that it only takes a "comically low effort" to wear a mask for you, because you don't have to wear one very much. It's news to me that surgeons, carpenters (Pretty random example unless they make saw dust for a living, but OK), and firefighters are wearing their masks continuously for 8-10 hour shifts. I bet they do say stuff like, "ugh, #### this mask" though....Just like everyone else does who has to wear them for hours on end. And guess what they're doing when customers or safety people aren't around? They're taking them off. Everywhere, from your local Starbucks to the manufacturer making your 8 speed transmission.

They're simply an aggravation for a lot of people, but I know you guys will never miss an opportunity to denigrate your political opponents.

Re: I certainly don't go to restaurants as often.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to I certainly don't go to restaurants as often. ]

This is what I'm usually seeing around Mount Pleasant when I see a person who isn't wearing one despite posted requirements to do so. They're dressed in standard good ole boy attire and they look mad; almost as if they just want someone to say something to them about it.

Having lunch at a quick Japanese restaurant in town the other day, two of em walked in. One probably a little younger than me, the other an old man. No masks in sight. They looked around the restaurant and scowled at everyone, especially new arrivals with masks on. They were rude to the waiter. They dripped of MAGA.

Call me judgmental all ya want, but that's what I'm seeing with my anecdotal evidence.

Slow down Jussie, I think you went a bit overboard with this

Dec 3, 2020, 10:37 AM

one. Did they have SS lightning bolt tattoos too?

They had their shirts on, bruh...

Dec 3, 2020, 10:39 AM

They know you can only flash that #### up in Moncks Corner.

One thing that I believe I know, and would probably wager a

Dec 3, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to What I've seen in P&R supports the stats. ]

Lot of money on.......

The percentage of people who wear it because “I’m doing it to protect you, and to help the greater cause!” Is very, very low, and I don’t care what people say to a pollster. Humanity as a whole isn’t that magnanimous and it’s an easy lie to make on a survey.

My 46 year PHD in the self-centered-ness of mankind tells me that primarily, those who wear it think it’s helping save them from the other gross chumps they encounter, and those who don’t think it doesn’t protect them or don’t care if they get it.

I’d say there’s very little looking out for the fellow man going in either way, much as I’d like to believe differently.

Re: Stats may suggest it, I'm just saying what I

Dec 3, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Stats may suggest it, I'm just saying what I ]

You don't recall anti-mask rhetoric spiking here shortly after Trump mocked it or refused to wear it? C'mon, man.

Re: This stereotype seems reallly convenient.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to This stereotype seems reallly convenient. ]

That's simply not true when it comes to the defiance over masks. It's not one-size fits all, but most of the defiance and resistance over it has come from those who blindly believe the rhetoric of Trump, who mask-shamed for months into this pandemic.

Hey, I'm a rule follower.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Trumpies: Instead of poo-pooing the science cause ORANGE MAN ]

Regardless what the SCHP, SCDNR and the MPPD say.

I admit...

Dec 3, 2020, 10:36 AM

I refuse to wear a mask on my golf cart.

63% of our deaths here in MI

Dec 3, 2020, 10:12 AM

are in long term care facilities.

That is really all you need to know to open back up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't that just prove that being closed is working?***

Dec 3, 2020, 11:09 AM

Re: 63% of our deaths here in MI

Dec 3, 2020, 11:42 AM [ in reply to 63% of our deaths here in MI ]

Re: CDC/Media: Instead of scaring hayell out of EVERYONE,

Dec 3, 2020, 10:27 AM

The deaths are overwhelmingly concentrated in the over 55 age groups.

However, those elderly who are dying are being infected by younger, more healthy friends and relatives.

So the younger you are, the less chance you have of dying. But the more chance you have of infecting

the more vulnerable.

It’s very easy to find. Instead of yelling at the internet, learn

Dec 3, 2020, 10:31 AM

how to use the internet

Random sample surveillance testing is the key to

Dec 3, 2020, 11:33 AM

answering these questions but as has been the mantra from our federal leadership - more testing just means more cases to report, and that makes us look bad.

Nearly a year later and we're still chasing the boogeyman in the dark without a flashlight. Every man for himself. Best wishes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic