Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks to ALL who prayed for Scooter . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Thanks to ALL who prayed for Scooter . . .

Jul 16, 2020, 1:51 AM
IMG_3688.jpg(169.7 K)

About 30 minutes ago, Scooter died peacefully in his best friend's arms . . .

Best dog this family has ever known!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All dogs go to heaven...

Jul 16, 2020, 2:00 AM

Hope Scooter and Brewtus are playing tag or just rolling on their backs in the softest grass.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks to ALL who prayed for Scooter . . .

Jul 16, 2020, 4:58 AM

Dogs will rule your heart. Not fair that they have such a short life span.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 16, 2020, 5:33 AM

The only good thing about them not living too long is that they dont outlive us and we die on them without a home. Anyway, they are a heartbreak waiting to happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 5:50 PM

That means that their love to us is important to our growth bc we know how much our hearts are going to be crushed when they pass on, and we are bent on having them in our lives anyway. From the moment they choose us and we bring them home, it's love and best friends relation until their life is over. I thank God for the ones he has allowed me to have, especially the one I have now. He is the most spoiled dog I've ever had. And yes, I do believe that people that mistreat and abuse their pets should have to spend a long time in Jail/Prison without hesitation from the courts!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 5:31 AM

Skeeta...so sorry for your loss. That's heartbreaking. RIP Scooter

Jul 16, 2020, 6:09 AM

RIP Scooter!!! One of my fav quotes... " may I always be the person my dog thinks I am "

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 8:58 AM

Sorry, stole your quote before I saw your post

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am so sorry for your loss!

Jul 16, 2020, 6:42 AM

The pain you feel right now is a testament to what a wonderful dog Scooter was and how many lives he touched.

I will shift my prayers to you and your family, that you may all be comforted during this hard time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jul 16, 2020, 7:16 AM

Pour one out for Scooter!

Jul 16, 2020, 7:18 AM

Sorry man...had to go through it myself.
The love is deep alas the pain great.
Thoughts and prayers...RIP to your great friend.

Jul 16, 2020, 7:34 AM

Be thankful for the blessing of the time you were given with him!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry for your loss...***

Jul 16, 2020, 7:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss...

Jul 16, 2020, 7:40 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jul 16, 2020, 8:48 AM

I know what Scoot meant to you and your family and I hate you lost him.

I’m happy he is whole again and sad for your loss. I’ll be thinking about you sir.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry for your loss

Jul 16, 2020, 8:51 AM

May we all be the people our dogs think we are.

I am an old man and the wife and

Jul 16, 2020, 8:52 AM

I cried for a month when we lost ours. God Bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you lived a good life Scooter and were in a loving family

Jul 16, 2020, 9:54 AM

sorry for your loss

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Jul 16, 2020, 10:50 AM

Hate that ..... dogs are just special! I feel for you!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss - it is tough***

Jul 16, 2020, 11:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 11:03 AM

So sorry for your loss. A pet is like a family member. I will be praying for you my friend. He was a good looking dog. Looks happy in photo.

My dog is 13 years old and is so attached to me when I am gone the vet gives him meds to help with separation anxiety.

I know you can’t replace Scooter, but there is a puppy out there waiting to join you.

Best to you,

wueagle86 KH

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

Sorry for your loss. Awesome looking dog.***

Jul 16, 2020, 11:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 11:05 AM

Sorry for your loss, praying for you to have peace and comfort. Lost side kick Bella about 2am in the morning 2 months ago an I‘m still constantly expecting her to be there and when those gut checks come I always think of the funny things she did and how empathetic & loving she was..

She was spoiled beyond believe an I enjoyed every minute of it. I’m still in recovery but as your Tigernet brother I bleed for your loss.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

So very sorry for your loss.

Jul 16, 2020, 11:09 AM

Pets are wonderful friends.

Praying for you and your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 16, 2020, 11:30 AM

:(

Everyone who has a dog as a pet should know going in that

Jul 16, 2020, 11:51 AM

they WILL face this one day, due to the difference in lifespans of dogs vs us humans. Maybe that is why dogs are Mans Best Friend, they know they have to cram a lifetime of love into a much shorter lifetime than their masters. Scooter will be waiting for you on the other side, I am firmly convinced of this. :)

Ode to a Dog

Jul 16, 2020, 12:08 PM

"Gentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury: A man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death."

~ George Graham Vest
(December 6, 1830 – August 9, 1904),
A lawyer and U.S. politician,
a Missouri Confederate Congressman
during the Civil War, and finally
a U.S. Senator.

Sorry for your loss***

Jul 16, 2020, 1:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 2:11 AM

Losing your pet is about the same as a two leg family member. Mine is very close to his last days, and I cry like a kid at times when the realization come across my mind that I won't have him in my life much longer. My wife and I will know though that we catered to his every need during his 15 years that he has been with us. I know what losing a child is like, and when he passes on, I know in my heart that it will feel the same. I am so sorry for your loss Skip, I know that it broke your heart ??, and I am truly sorry, and I do believe that God allows us to reunite with our special pets when we get into Heaven. I just know that he does bc he put them here for us to love the way we love them. With some people, all that is left for them to love and be loved back is their pets at their end bc all of their human family has already gone!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 2:52 AM

So sorry for You and your families loss. If we could all have our Dog's Love and Attitude this world would be one Peaceful and loving place with a whole lot of wet kisses!

Jul 17, 2020, 5:58 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwGnCIdHQH0

Jul 17, 2020, 9:19 AM

Awesome, and I do know that stare. I often take my eyes away from whatever I'm doing to make sure he is ok, and there he is staring right at me, and I'll wonder what he's thinking as he is staring at me and my wife, and I know that it has to be how much he loves his mommy and daddy, and I'll stare back at him and tell him that I love you too big boy, and as old as he is, I still see that sparkle in his old eyes when I speak to him, and he is wagging that nub tail a hundred mile an hour. Make no mistake about it they do love us, and they will find a way all the time to show us, and I will make sure he knows that we do love him too, and I know that he knows that....

I'm so sorry for your loss, Skeeta

Jul 17, 2020, 9:44 AM

Losing your best friend is one of the toughest things in life. Rest in peace, Scooter.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 17, 2020, 10:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss, after experiencing the same this past May I completely understand what you are going through. Prayers!

Jul 17, 2020, 1:40 PM

pretty much had the same experience just over a year ago with our welsh terrier,Ziggy.one great little dog.you never forget the ones you.ve lost,but it helps to get another dog soon.starting a new chapter helps being able to cope with your loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 17, 2020, 2:28 PM

Very sorry for your family's loss. I have been there more than once, and it's a hurt that takes time to heal. Prayers for all of you.

Your love for him, and his love for you shines brightly.

Jul 17, 2020, 2:32 PM

RIP Scooter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Just saw this ... so sorry for your loss.***

Jul 17, 2020, 6:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic