Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all those who claim they don’t care about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

For all those who claim they don’t care about

Mar 4, 2019, 12:39 PM

the Cornell Powell situation, how would you feel if a basketball player was in the student section of a Football game all decked out in FSU gear while Clemson was playing FSU? I’m not trying to take a stance on this just wondering if it would be any different.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least we don't have any football players going to coot

Mar 4, 2019, 12:45 PM

town to watch a football game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: For all those who claim they don’t care about

Mar 4, 2019, 12:45 PM

It would be no different. If he wants to pull for FSU when they are playing N.C.The state fine, but if he is in Death Valley.he'd better not only be wearing orange, he better be pulling or Clemson.

Mar 4, 2019, 12:46 PM

Sorry about THE!

Not even the administration cares about Clemson basketball

Mar 4, 2019, 12:46 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Mar 4, 2019, 12:54 PM

The difference in my reaction would be the same difference in my reaction to Clemson losing in football versus losing in basketball.

I don't care at all about the Powell situation.

I would be slightly surprised at the football situation.

I think people are upset that it was a UNC shirt because UNC is thought to be a better program than Clemson in basketball.

If it was Furman shirt nobody would care because Furman is beneath us in basketball.

If a basketball player wore and FSU shirt to the Clemson vs FSU football game last year then people would have laughed at him.

He would have been made fun of but nobody would be mad.

If we had beaten UNC, this would be less of an issue.

I would be outraged.***

Mar 4, 2019, 12:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Mar 4, 2019, 12:56 PM

I could not care less what some 20 year old kid does in his free time. Good Lord, people! This is out of control.

Have you ever served in the service?

Mar 4, 2019, 1:08 PM

If so, you'd understand the brotherhood. There's also brotherhood within the student athletes at whichever school they attend. Maybe this is why Clemson can't recruit in basketball, no brotherhood among the athletes from the other sports.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!
(Do you think Powell is part of Tiger Nation?)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Have you ever served in the service?

Mar 4, 2019, 3:12 PM

We are now comparing athletes from different sports to the military? Unreal. Not even close.

No, I'm not comparing athletes to military

Mar 5, 2019, 3:36 AM

I asked if you've ever served. Then I gave an example of brotherhood.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Mar 4, 2019, 12:58 PM

Bottomline it was disrespectful to fellow Clemson student athletes. Period.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe in your head....

Mar 4, 2019, 1:00 PM

No it wasn't. Period.

Good grief.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2019, 1:01 PM

In the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t matter either way. I think it was kinda of stupid for him to wear a UNC shirt as a Clemson Football player.
But it’s really no big deal , I’m sure Dabo has prolly told him that it was not a smart move . It’s on you but please think about stuff like this .

Mar 4, 2019, 1:05 PM

I personally don't see the big deal. I wouldn't personally do it because I wouldn't want to deal with everyone freaking out about it, but I'm not upset over it.

If he grew up pulling for UNC in basketball, then why should he have to stop because he plays football at Clemson? I know some are saying it's ok that he's a fan, but that he shouldn't have worn the shirt at the game, but why should he have to hide it? If he's a UNC fan then let him be a UNC fan. He didn't hurt anyone, and it's not like we lost because of what he was wearing. As long as he's doing what he's supposed to do with the football team and giving 110% then so what?

I highly doubt when he was being recruited that the coaches told him he'd be required to become fans of all our other sports programs, and he no longer had the right to pull for UNC basketball.

For those who are upset at him, what did it hurt? Did we lose because of it? Are we going to lose any future basketball or football games because of it? Are we going to lose any future recruits because of it? Do you really want to force people to wear or not be able to wear certain clothes?

Re: Thank you !!

Mar 4, 2019, 1:26 PM

This makes perfect sense.

Some of our "fans"...

Really ?

Mar 4, 2019, 1:10 PM

1. I despise unc and most everything they stand for.
2. Alum who graduated in '86.
3. Blah blah blah....

... but still.... WHAT is some of y'all's problem ? Is it you're THAT bigoted ? Or THAT high and mighty ? or that scared ?

Seriously.. get a #### grip. Get a life too.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic