Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas frozen, so Ted Cruz flies to Cancun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 617

Texas frozen, so Ted Cruz flies to Cancun

Feb 18, 2021, 5:29 AM

Is this what leadership looks like?

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeneforTexas/status/1362265046387220480

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas frozen, so Ted Cruz flies to Cancun

Feb 18, 2021, 5:51 AM

Surely you're joking, Dave. You can't actually expect a US Senator of Ted's standing to be back home on the ground freezing his pelotas off with the little people, now, would you?

It's cold there, Dave. 'Sides, he's got Fox News getting people mad at windmills and sh!t. They didn't even care he supported an insurrection, it's certainly not like anybody's even going to notice he was gone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And just two days ago.....

Feb 18, 2021, 7:43 AM

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1361732410749177856

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing that's just a look-a-like, right? Else, yikes.***

Feb 18, 2021, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Feb 18, 2021, 8:57 AM

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1354497665757806592?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am trying to find the problem

Feb 18, 2021, 9:05 AM

with his tweet.

If you are looking for a reaction regarding optics of the situation, well, optics took a vacation from politics many, many years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean cancun is pretty nice.

Feb 18, 2021, 9:00 AM

That being said, Ted Cruz's beard makes him look like Wolverine, if Wolverine's mutant power was shopping for smartwool socks at Cabela's.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got a theory he's trying to go full Wade Hampton...

Feb 18, 2021, 2:32 PM

to try and overcome his foreign sounding name.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 9:09 AM

He's prolly gonna pass out blankets to the YUGE caravan of Illegal Immigrants headed for the border.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 9:54 AM

I don’t understand the issue with this. I mean the optics aren’t great, but tons of Texans are fleeing to hotels and other areas. I work with quite a few that have been hotel hopping.

Do you think Cruz needs to be in Texas to help with the disaster? He needs power to do any work.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course you don't understand, lol***

Feb 18, 2021, 9:56 AM

Re: Of course you don't understand, lol***

Feb 18, 2021, 10:02 AM

So explain to me what the issue is? Aside from not great optics.

Even if helpless, he should be in Texas trying to help

Feb 18, 2021, 2:03 PM

Cory Booker would shovel snow for constituents when bad storms came through NJ. Ted Cruz nopes out for a vacation.

While nobody will eventually care about the optics come election time, this is terrible leadership.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he DOES need to be in Texas to help with the disaster

Feb 18, 2021, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Texas frozen, so Ted Cruz flies to Cancun ]

As an elected official, thats LITERALLY his job. Stop playing partisanship over something so clearly wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Feb 18, 2021, 10:42 AM

Let's get over this "looks bad" childishness. If Ted was in Texas, what could he do to help the people there ? He is not an electric engineer. If he was passing out blankets someone would just accuse him of a photo op.

He might even be able to do more good remotely from somewhere where he has full power and communications. Cancun is a bad choice. Cancun actually is bad optics - he should have gone back to DC to try to coordinate relief efforts.

Feb 18, 2021, 10:43 AM

OTOH, all of you guys busting on Pelosi and Newsome should NOW shut up. You can't have it both ways.

Feb 18, 2021, 10:46 AM

This is the biggest yawner of a story and post, and shows you people have no idea what hypocrisy means...

Feb 18, 2021, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas frozen, so Ted Cruz flies to Cancun ]

Pelosi and new some situation were completely different.

Gavin newsome placed stay at home orders and didn’t allow restaurants to be open and then he went out and dined at a restaurant.

Ted Cruz has not been calling for people not to leave their home. If he was then this would be bad and he would be a hypocrite

Feb 18, 2021, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Texas frozen, so Ted Cruz flies to Cancun ]

Agree completely. Could have made a better decision on destination but who really cares.

Like Florida or Hawaii?***

Feb 18, 2021, 10:44 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Feb 18, 2021, 10:45 AM

Huh? W T F are you grousing about? He's not the one saying we should shut down all fossil fuels, stay in your house locked up, etc.

Stupid post.

I remember the good ol' days when every time we had bad

Feb 18, 2021, 11:18 AM

weather people didn't go crying to politicians like little b*tches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 4:03 PM

https://twitter.com/KeatonPatti/status/1362497140111650816?s=19

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 617
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic