Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas and the coaching carousel.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Texas and the coaching carousel.

Jan 3, 2021, 7:54 AM

Texas fires Tom Herman. Within 3 hours it is reported that Texas will hire Steve Sarkesian. Within 6 hours Texas hires Steve Sarkesian.

And, there are still some people who think that universities do not, and should not, talk to anybody about a job until the position is open.

If so, man that was some quick work on behalf of Texas. They fire Herman. So, the AD calls a meeting and says, "I think we should hire Sark." The president and BOT agree. AD gets on the phone and calls Sark. Sark says he'll take the job. They talk for a few minutes and agree to the deal.

I suggest that Sark was one of several people that was contacted as least some time in November, if not earlier, and asked if they would be interested "just in case." Then all of those guys were told to submit their plan for building the program. Detailed plan, not just a 3 page resume.

When negotiations with Meyer fell through, they wanted even more info from the other guys. "Who is going to be on your staff? How much money is it gonna cost to hire them? Have you talked to them? Are they going to come with you? Are you sure? What else do you need? Who are you going to bring in, or hire, besides on field coaches? How are you going to recruit? What infrastructure will you need? Etc."

After collecting all this info from no telling how many people, Texas decided that Sark would be a better option than keeping Herman.

You don't hire the CEO of a multimillion dollar organization after a two hour zoom meeting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas and the coaching carousel.

Jan 3, 2021, 8:02 AM

After their bowl I thought Herman was safe for another year at Texas. Texas is scared of the success that Jimbo has had at aTm and they have a ton of cash so...... Sark had his issues at USC but he now has been head coach at Washington, USC and Texas....pretty impressive resume.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 8:48 AM

Someone is going to get a hulluva coach in Herman. Thank god the coots already hired Dabo part 2

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sark ain't gonna work at UT. He's not the man for this job

Jan 3, 2021, 4:35 PM

That is very obvious to me.

If the well with Herman was too poisoned for him to return, so be it. If not, they would have been better off running him back one more year vs. hiring a guaranteed failure like Sark.

yep sark couldnt win at usc

Jan 3, 2021, 6:25 PM

where they have unlimited resources and talent to choose from with a weaker schedule..he aint winning at texas

Jan 3, 2021, 4:43 PM

Things started off at Texas for Herman on the wrong foot and it just never seem to get turned around.

I agree with your assessment but I do think South Carolina very hastily hired Muschamp after the first three choices fell through and the natives were getting restless!

texas is becoming tennessee

Jan 3, 2021, 6:24 PM

32-18 and 4-0 in bowl games gets you fired..sure he hasnt won the big 12 but heck in 4 seasons you have to give him another year or two to get his players fully in there

Wasn't Muschamp their Coach-in-waiting?

Jan 3, 2021, 6:37 PM

I think he is available..... and waiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic