Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas A&M holding
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,988

Texas A&M holding

Sep 5, 2019, 8:20 AM

That’s the biggest thing that stands out in my mind about last years game. Their O-line held the number one D-line in the country all night and got away with it.

Seems like I read that in very next game that Texas A&M had 2 holding penalties in their first drive of the game. Oh wait, you can’t do that!

I hope Dabo has said something to somebody about this to watch out for it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

their QB and more importantly WRs made

Sep 5, 2019, 8:26 AM

Big plays. Clemson went conservative on play calling with the lead.

But.. this is 2019 so last year's game doesn't mean squat.

I think TAMs only chance is if clemson turns the ball over. 3 TOs vs GT isnt bad... wont get away with that vs TAM.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Texas A&M holding

Sep 5, 2019, 9:05 AM

what i mostly remember were the 3, count em THREE... dropped int's by k'von wallace.. he did pick the 2pt conversion off, at the end.. but, had he caught one or two of the others and the narrative of this game, saturday, is completely different. all i've heard is "we only lost by 2 pts to the national champs and they've lost their entire D line".. blah blah blah.. first, if you think that team was the team that went on to win the championship, you're sadly mistaken.. trevor wasn't the leader, yet.. and, our secondary was lost in the 4th qt and, like i said.. three DROPPED.. not batted down, not tipped.. DROPPED int's.

Sep 5, 2019, 9:14 AM

I’d just like to add to that, the Tiger defense subbed more players on D than any team in the country per game. These guys excluding the true freshman have game experience, Texas A&M is in for a rude awakening, especially if they think they can take anything away from the GT game.

Sep 5, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M holding ]

They lost their TE and their incoming TE phenom, and they scored on two squirrelly passes. Our fans will rule and cause disruption.

Sep 5, 2019, 9:13 AM

Our DL was mugged all night. Totally blatant and the refs called nothing. The only holding call was on the 2 point conversion which wasn't needed. The only reason Mond had success is all the holding gave him time to look downfield. Wilkins and Lawrence should have had a number of sacks.

Great points by everyone on this thread. Apparently we were watching a different game than

Sep 5, 2019, 9:24 AM

the TAMU players were in their film study. If Trevor comes out in his late season form from last season it will be a blowout even if they get away with the holding and we drop easy interceptions. Even if Mond has a couple more horseshoes up his rear or we rotate the entire roster in the game this game will not be close if our guys play to their standard. That being said it could be another flakey early season game and I will take a win any way we can get it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every play.

Sep 5, 2019, 9:39 AM

Score would have been 50-10 if they called it.

Sep 5, 2019, 9:48 AM

Last night I re-watched last year’s game. Really I just wanted to see who these goobers are that are declaring an upset. That last touchdown Mond threw, you could have called a personsal foul for a horse collar tackle on Clelin Ferrell.

Herby was commentating on the slow-mo replay how Ferrell was able to get a one hand grip on Monds shoulder pad but not in time to disrupt the pass. The only thing clearer was Ferrel being dragged down from a frontal horse collar.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic