Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I went to walmart today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

I went to walmart today

Jun 21, 2020, 7:25 PM

I put on my mask, sanitized my hands and even kept my distance as much as i could. It wasnt hard at all. Took very little effort. But i did my part. Maybe it was just a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme.

But... one thing is for sure, i tried my best.

Some of you, dont try at all. Not even a little. Then you log on the act like you are proud of that. Shame on you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went to walmart today

Jun 21, 2020, 7:42 PM

I’ll send you a trophy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

health officials recommend masks in public

Jun 21, 2020, 7:44 PM

If they are right, you could possibly prevent someone or yourself being infected. If they are wrong, you are mildly inconvenienced. Anyone arguing about it at this point is simply an eristic that would rather prove you wrong than prove they're right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and the world is absolutly full of that nonsensical

Jun 21, 2020, 8:16 PM

attitude. People like to feel big and defiant.

Re: health officials recommend masks in public

Jun 21, 2020, 8:28 PM [ in reply to health officials recommend masks in public ]

TU for the excellent use of the word "eristic"! I consider myself something of a literatus and always enjoy the proper use of good vocabulary. But of course, health officials recommend masks in public, they wouldn't dare not to. But off the record, these same officials will tell you that a mask does not stop a virus. HEPA filtration in pharma manufacturing facilities does not stop a virus (my job for many years.) A mask will, of course, prevent mucoidal substances that carry a virus - like spit, coughing, sneezing, a runny nose, etc. - from dispersing into the atmosphere around you, and for that they're very much appreciated. Simply washing your hands, frequently and often, is the best deterrent for catching this thing.

Go Tigers!!!

I think of it more in the most simplistic of scenarios

Jun 21, 2020, 8:46 PM

lets say you and someone else are standing in front of each other naked and both of you start peeing.. you both are going to get wet with each other's urine. If you have on pants and he's still naked and you both start peeing. You both will still get wet, but now you have your urine and his mixed up on you, while he just sits in a pool of his own.

Now if both of you are wearing pants and start to pee, guess what happens? Yes, you are both wet, but there's a 99% chance that both of you only have your own urine on you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if you wear Depends

Jun 21, 2020, 9:49 PM

Would that be like an N-95 mask?

Asking for a friend.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heck yeah it would..***

Jun 21, 2020, 11:20 PM

Re: health officials recommend masks in public

Jun 23, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: health officials recommend masks in public ]

You need to do some reading about N95 masks. I also worked in the Pharamaceutical Industry for 30 years. I also maintained the HVAC systems. Countries like Hong Kong implemented isolation and mask wearing and the coronavirus crisis is over there.

+1 for "eristic"...***

Jun 23, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to health officials recommend masks in public ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 7:45 PM

Where should we send your gold star?

Don't insult Gold Star Mothers

Jun 22, 2020, 1:53 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Cornflakes.***

Jun 21, 2020, 7:50 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Jun 21, 2020, 8:07 PM

When they cause the death of a very close loved one, it won't be funny to them any longer, when it's to late to say I wish I would have listen while boiling their eyes out with their hearts absolutely crushed bc they learned that they were covid-19 positive that didn't affect them, but it took the life of loved one!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 8:07 PM

I was in Wal Mart today also and had a sneezing fit in the produce aisle. Be sure and Clorox your squash

I'm surprised they let you shop after the scene you made

Jun 21, 2020, 11:01 PM

trying to get in...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/21/old-man-fights-pushes-way-into-walmart-florida-no-mask-covid/

Jun 21, 2020, 8:12 PM

You feel the need to log on and tell everyone that you wore a mask today ? Exciting stuff

Jun 21, 2020, 8:20 PM

I think he was just pointing out simple it is and how selfish people like yourself are.

Jun 21, 2020, 8:24 PM

I’m selfish for not making a post about wearing a mask in Walmart today on a sports page ?

Jun 21, 2020, 8:25 PM

Didnt you post before that you refuse to wear masks?

Jun 21, 2020, 8:32 PM

Never posted that I do not wear mask, however I don’t. I also have not ridiculed people on here for wearing mask like a Child. You want to wear one have at it . I will walk by you and say hello and not think down upon you. Now if you do not like the fact that I choose not to wear one say something to me instead of jumping on TN and typing about it. It’s ridiculous

Jun 21, 2020, 8:34 PM

Okay so I stand by my original post. Youre selfish person who won't wear mask to save others. And?

Jun 21, 2020, 8:47 PM

I guess in your mind I’m selfish then. Good thing about America we can have our own opinions. Now China or Russia might have your views and enforce people to not have rights, housing is pretty cheap in those areas. Have a great evening!

Jun 21, 2020, 11:19 PM

Enjoy it while it lasts. People such as this poster would drag you out into the street and force a mask onto your face under the threat of execution if they could get away with it. If Biden wins in November they won't be tearing down statues. They will be going for individuals.

Jun 22, 2020, 7:05 AM

Seek mental help. No. I just think selfish people like this dude shouldn't be allowed inside a market without a mask. Most places where I live are already like that though. It's pretty simple.

There are opinions, and there is science and medicine.

Jun 22, 2020, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today ]

If I were of the opinion that USCjr had actually been better than Clemson over the last six years, what would you say of my opinion? Fun fact: there are people who actually believe that.

Healthcare professionals wear masks and always have. Why? To mitigate the spread of bad things to at-risk people, and hospitals are usually full of both bad things and at-risk people.

Now the bad things are out in society, and people like you have formed the "opinion" that they don't need masks. That's not an opinion, pal, it's blatant disregard for the safety of others. Your "opinion" flies in the face of decades of proven medical practice, therefore I consider you a fool for having it. I'm not sure whose information you're basing your opinions off of, but it's not the right folks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today ]

i bet carlsbad is one of them snowflakes that wears his mask below his nose.

Jun 22, 2020, 10:12 AM

Umm no. Of course you would be wrong as usual. What's new deroberts?

Jun 21, 2020, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today ]

Sounds as if your germ-shaming again

I just don't like being treated like a little kid with the

Jun 22, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today ]

"shame on you" comment.

I would like to think we are all adults on here. The OP was condescending.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 21, 2020, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today ]

When good people are dying, you are dang right. I would love to see people take this more seriously. People are dying and they are like.... it was only 300. Only? Unreal....

Jun 22, 2020, 6:59 AM

You seem to make a post or comment Dailey on here concerning wearing a mask. Pretty confident it has not made one person start wearing one. However I have yet to see you post about people riding in cars which obviously cause more deaths Dailey than the virus does in a month. How about post about people smoking in public and no one wears mask for the second hand smoke . I could give more examples if needed . We all get it , you wear a mask. Some do some don’t , if it bothers you that much then order your groceries on line and stay in your house. Pretty simple !

Jun 23, 2020, 5:42 AM

Same with statues. If they bother you, don’t go there. Or buildings.

Very well said***

Jun 21, 2020, 8:14 PM

is this your personal journal?

Jun 21, 2020, 8:29 PM

I don't understand these posts. Pray in your closet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 8:42 PM

Hmmm. Thanks for sharing your laundry. Perhaps you would like to share what you purchased, as well. It would be just about as important. Wear your mask. Stay away from others. Be the crime fighter that you are. Heres a little secret. Its a virus. Its not going away. Eventually, youre going to get it. Above all else, please do stay safe. I pray for you and all others to be healthy.

Wearing a mask doesn’t help us get to herd immunity***

Jun 21, 2020, 8:42 PM

Jun 21, 2020, 8:50 PM

Wearing a mask is like using a condom with a hole in it!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tens of thousands die from the flu every year.

Jun 21, 2020, 8:51 PM

Are you planning on wearing one the rest of your life to "do your part?"

Re: Tens of thousands die from the flu every year.

Jun 21, 2020, 11:22 PM

As long as his TV tells him good people wear masks and bad people don't he will wear a mask. Wonder what will happen when his TV tells him good people report where all the Jews are hiding. Oh wait....

True, and there is a vaccine for the flu. Covid-19

Jun 23, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Tens of thousands die from the flu every year. ]

currently doesn't have a vaccine, and it will likely be 12-15 months before vaccinations are being provided worldwide. How many hundreds of thousands will die over these 15 months. The US is heading toward 200 thousand deaths predicted by September. At that rate, there could be over 300,000 deaths in the US alone from early March 2020 through December 2020. That is 30,000 deaths per month.

Way more deaths than the flu.

Jun 21, 2020, 8:54 PM

Cornflakes said:

I put on my mask, sanitized my hands and even kept my distance as much as i could. It wasnt hard at all. Took very little effort. But i did my part. Maybe it was just a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme.

But... one thing is for sure, i tried my best.

Some of you, dont try at all. Not even a little. Then you log on the act like you are proud of that. Shame on you.

AMEN! Good job!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 7:16 AM

People who refuse to wear face masks are killing 2020 Clemson Football.

Jun 22, 2020, 2:04 PM

Are you serious!?! Do you think the players are training and running routes and doing up downs and wind sprints with masks on!!!? Come on.....”killing Clemson football” that’s the single most ridiculous claim I’ve possibly seen here.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 9:00 PM

I have no idea if a mask makes any difference at all, but I’m with you on wearing one in public. If for no other reason, it gives some of the folks around you some peace of mind. Not to mention, my mask is reminiscent of the masks the COBRA soldiers wore in G.I.Joe, so it’s pretty fun.

Jun 22, 2020, 11:12 AM

If you truly wonder whether or not to wear a mask, take a look at health professionals in doctors' offices and hospitals. They all wear masks. That should be a clue. What truly baffles me is that this pandemic represents the first big challenge that out country has faced since WWII. And we have failed because so many of us refuse to make even a small sacrifice that will benefit all of us. We are a house divided, much of it caused by the most divisive POTUS in history. IMHO he has made a bad bet. He has tried to BS a virus like he does his flock. Unlike his followers the virus is not falling for his BS and by the election 200,000 Americans will have died.

Jun 22, 2020, 11:19 AM

So It’s Trumps fault that the Virus came to America and Spread ? Lol

I did my part

Jun 21, 2020, 9:23 PM

by NOT going to Walmart . . .

null

Jun 21, 2020, 10:20 PM

I think donating money to organizations that need N-95 masks, the ones that offer real protection for healthcare workers would do a lot more good than talking down to a bunch of football fans on Tnet.
Put your money where your mask is.

Your not going to change anybody’s opinion on this subject.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A TU - just because it makes 1,000 points

Jun 23, 2020, 6:22 PM

I like round numbers.

Jun 22, 2020, 7:05 AM

I wear mine too..just in case...even though it's like trying to stop a mosquito swarm with a chain link fence......the virtue signaling puts others at ease I guess. I usually just go to a protest and get my daily immunity that way.

I applaud your efforts. But, you have to realize that they

Jun 22, 2020, 8:35 AM

are called WalMartians for a reason.

If you went to the Walmart in Easley you were probably

Jun 22, 2020, 9:16 AM

the only one wearing a mask.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 22, 2020, 9:20 AM

And why are you shopping Walmart?

Was this you?

Jun 22, 2020, 9:33 AM
walmart.jpg(72.3 K)

Jun 22, 2020, 9:39 AM

Claps for Cornflakes.

Jun 22, 2020, 2:00 PM

So what exactly are you doing for “your part”? I don’t understand? Are you sick? Would you have spread anything by going to Walmart with no mask? Please tell me what the purpose of wearing a mask and social distancing really is...because the WHO and other “authorities” have been flip flop on this answer. And there is no real proof any of it works. Obviously the shut down worked. But it was only temporary and it’s inevitable this virus and other will go on until herd immunity kicks in or a vaccine is created. If those things don’t happen it will be just like the Flu and will be another virus we just have to live with. Nothing more nothing less.

Oh yeah.... I almost forgot....and yea football

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 2:08 PM

You did nothing but conform to a ludicrous crazy hoax!
I am not wearing a mask! I am not wearing gloves and I am not staying 6 feet away from everyone!
I am clean and cautious and I eat in clean places. I go to work and church and Wal- Mart!
Just how long can we do this? Everything we knew as America is being torn down

How long can we go with out working?
This is insanity!!!!!

Jun 22, 2020, 2:28 PM

1965tiger
CU Guru [1573]
TigerPulse: 86%
Posted: Jun 22, 2020 2:08 PM

You did nothing but conform to a ludicrous crazy hoax!
I am not wearing a mask! I am not wearing gloves and I am not staying 6 feet away from everyone!
I am clean and cautious and I eat in clean places. I go to work and church and Wal- Mart!
Just how long can we do this? Everything we knew as America is being torn down

How long can we go with out working?
This is insanity!!!!!

TELL IT. I AM GUESSING THIS WILL GO ON TILL EARLY NOVEMBER.

Jun 23, 2020, 12:35 AM

Not giving up my freedom to satisfy your fear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 6:14 PM

I wish I could give you more than one TU, Cornflakes! I applaud you for doing your part.

Jun 23, 2020, 7:29 PM

I have changed my mind.

I MUST BE POOONISHED. I MUST BE FLOGGED. I MUST BE BEATEN. PLEASE POOONISH ME MY DEAR BROTHER NUMSIE

Jun 24, 2020, 12:37 AM

I'm O blood type, you're a fruit loop.

Jun 24, 2020, 9:22 PM

I think we need a new rule for our businesses ....”No mask No come inside my store”.......period......Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic