Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Team playing too fast
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Team playing too fast

Nov 26, 2020, 9:08 PM

Resulting in poor decisions, carelessness and turnovers. Need to be more under control and set up good looks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Team playing too fast

Nov 26, 2020, 9:17 PM

Looks like the fast play is working to me

When I posted this, we just had back to back to back turnovers

Nov 26, 2020, 9:42 PM

We settled in on offense and played more in control. Yes, it’s working on the defensive end but my point was more directed at offense.

It's very ok to play fast on offense too !

Nov 27, 2020, 2:49 PM

Looks like we got the guys and depth so we can run and shoot. Note how Coach B. was doing a ice hockey like "bringing in lines". Since we too deep this year, multiple combinations of competent shooters who can run were rotated in and out, always fresh legs on the court, wearing down the opponent.

This is good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 9:20 PM

You've got to be kidding.

Nov 26, 2020, 9:27 PM

SMH

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

A Brownell team playing too FAST? That's a new one!

Nov 26, 2020, 9:45 PM

Seriously...I know what you mean. They have rushed things at times on the offensive end. They are doing a good job with the pressure defense, though!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 9:46 PM

Speed of play doesn't bother me. What I cannot understand is how do we shoot and miss so badly repeatedly? Tyson has thrown up 2 or 3 shots that missed the rim by a foot! Now our defense is incredible and we have good depth to allow us to play pressure for 40 minutes if we choose to.

Nov 26, 2020, 9:47 PM

we have lightning quick guards and they can't cover them. The idea is to get down court and create a numbers advantage, and not let their behemoth centers get set on defense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 10:55 PM

I will take playing fast and winning vs slow and losing.

You gotta be kidding !

Nov 27, 2020, 12:17 AM

Playing too fast ? That’s the first time I have heard that in a decade. Give me fast over hot potato around the key anytime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You gotta be kidding !

Nov 27, 2020, 3:23 AM

Yeah, fast play seems to work pretty good for Roy Williams and the heels .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 8:05 AM

I think you were right on. But, the word I would have used is frenetic. Early in both games I thought things were out of control. Maybe the amount of player rotations contribute to that. Last night with just a few players playing in the second half it improved greatly.

Nov 27, 2020, 1:19 PM

This is a new one on me. “Playing too fast” in a collegiate basketball game. AND the OP got someone to agree with them...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can’t make this stuff up!

Nov 27, 2020, 3:26 PM

Unbelievable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You can’t make this stuff up!

Dec 1, 2020, 1:34 AM

Next, there will be a post saying we should attempt more threes...or play exclusively zone on defense...or give Brownell a contract exten...nevermind, 2020 hasn't been that weird.

Nov 27, 2020, 8:31 AM

Don't apply for the coach's position!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 12:29 PM

If we have 12 players that can get up and down the court and our opponent is playing with six or seven, I say wear them out. Did you hear the announcers talking about heavy legs last night? He wasn't talking about our players!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic