Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Targeting rule this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Targeting rule this year

Oct 11, 2020, 9:44 PM

Does a player have to leave the sideline when they are ejected for targeting? I realize there has been some rule changes this year. I don’t ever remember the two Miami players leaving the sideline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Targeting rule this year

Oct 11, 2020, 9:49 PM

No, that was the rule change this year.

They are "disqualified" from the game, but can stay on the sideline. If a player gets two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties then he is "ejected" and must leave the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, the Walk of Shame was done away with***

Oct 11, 2020, 10:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Oct 12, 2020, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Targeting rule this year ]

I think that should be expanded to 2 personal fouls also. Some of the cheap shots Trevor took Saturday night were very egregious!

Oct 11, 2020, 11:39 PM

All I know is that targeting calls are out of control. Something needs to be done or we will be watching flag football soon. It seems like they are trying to call football games like basketball games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 11:54 PM

Disagree totally ..... never any justification for lowering the hear and using the crown of the helmet. I was always taught to keep your head up many years ago and it is still taught today.

Oct 12, 2020, 8:17 AM

I haven’t seen a targeting call yet that I didn’t think was justified.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Targeting rule this year ]

Back in the day, and before targeting came along, the shot TL took to the stomach would have been called spearing which was a 15 yard personal foul. You cant lead with the top of your helmet for safety of both players.

I coached a very athletic junior high kid that always wanted to lower his head and hit with the top of his helmet. I kept working with him to keep his head up so he wouldnt get called for penalties or hurt himself. When he lowered his head, I would take him out of the game. In high school he reverted back to lowering his head and no one stopped him. One Friday night the worst happened and he broke his neck. Fortunately, he was not paralyzed but he never played again.

There's no reason to lead with the crown or top of the helmet.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 9:10 AM

I remember Kyle Parker getting speared in the back by Allbarn.
I still think that totally changed the outcome if our season.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Targeting rule this year ]

Some guy named John (LSU fan) called Mark Childress this afternoon and said he didn't think the helmet to TL's stomach was targeting. He went on to say that he played football and was taught to always lower your head and that you could break your neck by keeping your head up. That dude never played football ..... or he was playing for a midget league coach who had never played football and didn't know what they were talking about. From the time I stepped on the field as a ten year old I was taught to keep your head up. Maybe I was taught wrong ...... but I don't think so!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic