Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talk about whistling past the graveyard . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,298

Talk about whistling past the graveyard . . .

Dec 31, 2020, 8:21 PM

here are the ten reasons that the bucknuts will win tomorrow from the most football savvy fans in all of America

Here are 10 reasons why Ohio State will beat Clemson.

1. The Buckeyes want it more. I don't think many would argue this point, and when Ohio State is hungrier, they usually win.

2. Preparation. Ohio State and the coaching staff may not have advertised it, but they have been preparing for this game for the entire last year.

3. Focus. Goes hand in hand with the other 2 reasons above. This team will be laser focused for this game. They won't be looking ahead at all.

4. Talent. Ohio State's talent and athleticism matches up just fine with Clemson. Probably a tad more talented than Clemson, but at worst the same.

5. Ryan Day has held back. Ryan Day has definitely not shown his hand yet this year. He has plays he has held back and will roll out in this game. It was all part of the preparation.

6. No sign stealing. Clemson will not be able to steal our plays like last year. We are ready for that BS.

7. The luck will turn around. We all know the game of football has an element of luck in it, and the luck could not have been any worse than it was in last year's match up. This year we will catch at least a few breaks, maybe more than a few.

8. Underdog status. Ohio State has been an underdog 8 times since 2012 and they have won 7 of those games. Ohio State thrives in the underdog role. Yes, last year's game against Clemson was the 1 loss, but I think we all know Ohio State played the better game.

9. They found their running game. The breakout game thay Trey Sermon had in the B1G Ten Championship game came at just the right time. Ohio State has the multiple threat offense they need to win this game.

10. Woody is watching. Woody Hayes had his darkest moment against Clemson in 1978, and The Buckeyes have put in the work and will finally slay this dragon and I just have the feeling that Woody will be watching over this team and bring about the redemption we have needed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Woody will push them over the top ...

Dec 31, 2020, 8:32 PM

Had not considered that angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQL6JuTSy8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talk about whistling past the graveyard . . .

Dec 31, 2020, 8:38 PM

1. So I guess they didn’t want it more last year, huh?
2. Pretty nice only having 5 regular season games against weak opponents, huh? Not that it’s an advantage that anyone should mention.

5. See #2, amirite?

8. Last year Ohio were dogs? Not according to ESPN’s FPI. And not this year either. https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/13/ohio-state-favored-over-clemson-per-espn-fpi-matchup-predictor/

10. Woody? Woody’s punch is the reason they are cursed. Good luck with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 31, 2020, 8:50 PM

Woody won't be looking down...he'll have to look up...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 9:00 PM

1. The Buckeyes want it more? There is no evidence of this, just a fan pretending.

2. Preparation? So Clemson will not be prepared?

3. Focus? who goes into a championship game not focused?

4. Talent? That cannot be known because there is no unbiased way to compare talents, especially with just 10 games where Ohio has not always looked that sharp. OS does not appear to be as talented as they were last year. Clemson appears to be more talented than last year.

5. Ryan Day? He is a weak point in the equation.

6. No sign stealing. Ha! That was just a coaches excuse for loosing. Anybody dumb enough to allow their competition to steal signs is probably to dumb to make good decisions in the heat of the game.

7. The luck will turn around. Luck is totally unpredictable. Luck might jump up and bite you.

8. Underdog status. What is Day's record when he was an underdog (like last year)? Underdog status does not help a team. It's a psychological disadvantage.

9. They found their running game against who? Anybody can find their running game against somebody. That don't mean they can keep it against a better team.

10. Woody is watching. He was watching the first time Clemson took care of business.

COOT

Dec 31, 2020, 9:14 PM

COOT
COOT
COOT
COOT
COOT
COOT

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More proof that bucknuts = coots.

Dec 31, 2020, 9:27 PM

Your team may indeed win. You make a lot of illogical assertions in your post. Enjoy the game, but I hope we enjoy it more.

By the way, Bryan Daisey eats black licorice.

Message was edited by: 1portroyalty®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More proof that bucknuts = coots.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:09 PM

I've attached a little help for you.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic