Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talented transfers = high opinion of our program.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,591

Talented transfers = high opinion of our program.

Dec 28, 2016, 10:29 PM

For guys like Holmes, Mitchell, Reed, Skara and Thomas to transfer to Clemson might mean Coach Brownell is more highly respected in the college BB world than he is by some of his own schools fans. The class he just recruited has some talent too. Surely all these young men wouldn't want to play for a coacing staff they don't believe in.
Isn't it time for every Clemson fan to get behind this program?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talented transfers = high opinion of our program.

Dec 28, 2016, 10:33 PM

The 'fire Brownell' posts have been nonexistent for the most part...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2016, 10:35 PM

True but you know they're just biding their time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this^^^

Dec 29, 2016, 3:10 PM

just wait for us to lose again.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2016, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Talented transfers = high opinion of our program. ]

There has been one poster.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

at least two...NAT and Skeeter***

Dec 30, 2016, 2:45 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Talented transfers = high opinion of our program. ]

Hire Brownell!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 28, 2016, 10:41 PM

True Tigers have been behind him all along

Dec 28, 2016, 10:52 PM

I didn't mean to start a thread about lousy fans. I'd just like to see more positive posts acknowledging that something good is happening at Clemson with the mens BB program. I know its a little early for some people, but the signs are plain to see. What are people going to do, wait til we make a final four apperance?

Dec 28, 2016, 11:12 PM

I thought it was a decent crowd tonight for a December weeknight game with students not on campus. Agree Coach Brownell is making progress. This team is his most talented offensively by far. Am I the only one that feels Blossingame is struggling a bit? I saw him get beat at least three times tonight on drives to basket. He did still score 20, but looked less than inspired...maybe not feeling well.

Dec 28, 2016, 11:19 PM

I feel like Bgame is pressing too much. He seems like he's lost confidence in his jumper. At the advantage of the team, the ball is getting moved around and shared more. I think he's forcing things because he's not getting the touches he was before

Dec 29, 2016, 2:41 PM

I agree. He's used to being the man. Easier to get into a rhythm when the team is looking for you to carry them as well. He might be wondering if the NBA will lose track of him if ge doesn't score 25+ every game too. Relax JB, you're going to the league my friend.

It also means..

Dec 29, 2016, 3:24 PM

that CBB may have changed his approach possibly some. We are getting some quality transfers from some smaller schools, aside from Elijah. Was that our focus before? Whatever the reason they chose Clemson, I am thrilled with the end result. Our solid recruiting class next year will have a chance to develop. I like this formula. As far as Clemson fans getting behind the program, with the solid season we are about to have, it shouldn't be an issue this season. They needed a solid product.

Re: It also means..

Dec 30, 2016, 1:29 PM

Good points.

I've been Brownell fan since day we hired him. Great coach.

Dec 30, 2016, 1:37 PM

I've said since day one: he simply needs better players. Looks like we finally have enough high caliber players to be a good NCAA tournament team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've backed CBB and the program since his hire, though I

Dec 30, 2016, 2:25 PM

do have issues with his game management. Most "fans" have derided Brownell on his recruiting, which in addition to being a backhanded slap at all of our players has been devoid of truth - he's incrementally built this roster up year by year since day one - no doubt this is our most talented roster to date and NCAA tourney-worthy. But I've yet to see CBB come fully around on game management, which is troubling considering how long he's been here. Too often he puts the brakes on the team when they're surging on the court - opting to slow the tempo down too early in games and allowing other teams to steal our momentum away. It happened a number of times down the stretch last year, and in years prior. I'm hoping he turns the corner in that department, but I'm not as optimistic as I'd like to be considering the length of his tenure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've backed CBB and the program since his hire, though I

Dec 30, 2016, 9:53 PM

Point taken. I'm not at the games enough to watch argue that. No coach is perfect. Maybe he's the kind that never stops learning and whatever his shortcomings are they'll disappear as he years roll by.
One counterpoint. I don't think there's ever been a coach, friend or foe I haven't found a flaw with.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,591
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic