Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Gene Stallings recently said on radio that Ta&m OUTPLAYED Clemson, in All phases of the game!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Coach Gene Stallings recently said on radio that Ta&m OUTPLAYED Clemson, in All phases of the game!

Feb 9, 2019, 11:25 PM

Now don’t shoot the messenger but I was very surprised to hear this from Coach...

But surely the former Ta&m and Bama head coach knows his stuff..and he respects & keeps up with Dabo & Clemson with occasional visits but he really thought Tigers were outplayed at Kyle field.

The coach has a deep southern Bear Byrant type voice and even though he’s over 80 & has some health issues, he was out on his ranch last week pressure washing for 4 hrs after doing some health rehab first at 7 & 8:30am!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't you and Gene at the same old man's loony bin?

Feb 9, 2019, 11:27 PM

thought I heard that somewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We jumped on them 21-3 and 28-10 at their place and

Feb 9, 2019, 11:41 PM

that is pretty impressive, but we let it slip away and get close. Also didn't help that they got to a point that they were going on 4 downs at the end.

All in all, he's probably right. That crowd behind them got them going. I can sure see how no SEC team managed to go in there and beat them this year.

I was in Boerne, Texas visiting friends last June. I just remember thinking at the time, wow, it is so hot down here, it will not be an easy early season game for my Tigers in early September. I was very happy to come out of there with the two point win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The A&M game was similar to the SCAR game in that our

Feb 10, 2019, 8:21 AM

secondary and LB's blew coverages all night. The big discussion after the game was Coach Venables talking about LB's and DB's (especially safeties), not "playing with their eyes" and were letting A&M players run by them in coverage, as if there was someone else going to make the play. Add that to the almost half dozen of potential interceptions we didn't make, we should have comfortably won the ballgame.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s why I predict we won’t be able to hang with Alabama in the NC game

Feb 10, 2019, 8:25 AM

With Tua and all those frisbee catching dogs all over the field, we won’t be able to stop it...

??? I was simply quoting our coaches. They corrected that

Feb 10, 2019, 8:46 AM

after the A&M game, and again after the SCAR game. Our coaches made those comments after both games.

The secondary played much better against Pitt, ND and Bama. The defensive scheme we used against Bama was unique in that we disguised our coverages in ways we had not used all season, and we brought corner blitzes that were new.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All that shows now is a “W” for Clemson ...

Feb 9, 2019, 11:46 PM

Being “Outplayed” is a highly over-rated stat in games that you win.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. I came away very impressed.

Feb 9, 2019, 11:52 PM

That is a very hard place to play. It was crazy LOUD!

Disagree

Feb 10, 2019, 6:04 AM

I respect Stallings but disagree. If you rewatch the game, we missed 5 ints. One of their TD's was almost picked off by Kvon Wallace but flew up in the air into their receivers hands. We were not outplayed but played sloppy in the defensive backfield. Should have been a blowout.

Oh, Lowered...Bill at it again!

Feb 10, 2019, 6:26 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct, many of Kellen Monds passes

Feb 10, 2019, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Disagree ]

Were dead ducks and Clemson just missed on opportunities. Wallace and Muse missed sure fire interceptions. Mond ran for his life most of the night. Clemson did more about keeping it close than Texas A/M.

Re: Correct, many of Kellen Monds passes

Feb 10, 2019, 6:41 AM

Everywhere but the stat that counts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respectfully, he’s just wrong

Feb 10, 2019, 7:36 AM

ATM had so many lucky breaks on absolute prayers of thrown balls it was ridiculous. Their horseshoe nearly got them that game but they sure as heck didn’t outplay us

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Respectfully, he’s just wrong

Feb 10, 2019, 7:40 AM

I agree. I think we just had some mental mistakes.... or was it no Clemson factor.... eh...(see what I did there)

What he said was the best team won the National Championship***

Feb 10, 2019, 7:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What he said was the best team won the National Championship***

Feb 10, 2019, 9:41 AM

Why would dimbulbbill leave that part out?

here is the radio broadcast. I ddidn't hear aything about

Feb 10, 2019, 10:43 AM

A&M whipping Clemson

https://omny.fm/shows/bull-fox/legendary-coach-gene-stallings-says-kitchens-team

Ta&m may have outplayed Clemson but they didn't OUT WIN

Feb 10, 2019, 7:51 AM

us ............

I think we underplayed them and then they got real lucky a few times .......

null

Re: Ta&m may have outplayed Clemson but they didn't OUT WIN

Feb 10, 2019, 9:08 AM

So lets look at this from a Bama view:

If Wallace picks off pass in the endzone then you subtract 7 points from AM. CU 28 AM 19

2. If Clemson does what Clemson does we scored at least 10 more points and I am being conservative here we could score 28 more points. So the final should have been 38 to 19.

We won and that is all that matters at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 9:22 AM

That's the way the game is played Genieee. Who had more points at the end. Get the Ala shiz out of your commentary

Feb 10, 2019, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Ta&m may have outplayed Clemson but they didn't OUT WIN ]

That's the way the game is played Genieee. Who had more points at the end. Get the Ala shiz out of your commentary

Tough game

Feb 10, 2019, 9:29 AM

Luckily we had Kelly Bryant that day.

TAMU definately out held Clemson. nm***

Feb 10, 2019, 9:59 AM

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

We're doomed!

Feb 10, 2019, 10:14 AM

Gonna be a very long season. I hope we can get to a bowl game. ??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Neal, that radio interview is not on same day as one I heard..

Feb 10, 2019, 11:25 AM

and yes, the radio conversation you put up is totally different segment from one I heard Saturday night..not even part about his Grand Son playing for Dabo, etc.

Of course, I may have come into the radio conversation further in or whatever..but I do stand by my hearing Coach say Ta&m Outplayed Clemson, in Every Phase!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic