Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 51

TNET: WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance

Sep 27, 2018, 1:18 PM

WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance

ESPN's Maria Taylor said on Thursday's edition of 'Get Up!' that freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence hasn't necessarily earned the starting job, but Dabo Swinn Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's about both

Sep 27, 2018, 1:20 PM

but what dose Dabo know

Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance

Sep 27, 2018, 1:22 PM

Excuse me! Isn't making the playoffs tied to QB performance?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maria Taylor is eye candy...

Sep 27, 2018, 1:24 PM

She's clearly on television for her looks not her brain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Maria Taylor is eye candy...

Sep 27, 2018, 1:25 PM

I've heard more intelligent farts.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Maria Taylor is eye candy... ]

She’s butt hurt cause Kelly B is her boo. Sorry but just because someone is a senior doesn’t mean they should start. The best players need to play at ALL positions.

Message was edited by: Clemson_country89®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 4:54 AM

He didn’t really earn the spot tho

Not her place to decide if Lawrence earned the right to be

Sep 27, 2018, 1:28 PM

the starter.

Re: Not her place to decide if Lawrence earned the right to be

Sep 27, 2018, 8:20 PM

She's a college football analyst. It's not her place to decide for the team, but it is her place to give an opinion.

Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance

Sep 27, 2018, 1:31 PM

When she was at Clemson for that interview she was all gushy and over the top with Kelly. Kelly played in those same games she rattled off and he did nothing. That argument holds not substance. It is simply competition and the better player starts.. as presented for this game, now obviously for all games

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 27, 2018, 1:33 PM

I watched the Taylor/Rowed series. Maria said during that segment; 'Kelly B and I have this thing'. Which I took to mean they have a friendly banter going on.
It appears to me she is letting that overshadow her professionalism as a broadcaster during this segment.
No, we are not a better team without Bryant on the roster.
But, HE made that choice.

Sep 27, 2018, 6:19 PM

So agree with you.

Seriously? She obviously has no idea what she's talking

Sep 27, 2018, 1:48 PM

about. If it wasn't about performance how can it possible be about the playoffs? They go hand in hand.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:48 PM

She has a crush on Kelly Bryant. She was the only person I heard last year bring up KB as a Heisman candidate. Also she clearly has not watched the games this year if she thinks TL didn't earn that spot. I'll stick to Dabo for making our football decisions, thanks anyway Maria.

yeah, she’s sweet on Kelly.***

Sep 27, 2018, 3:42 PM

KB could do a lot worse.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:44 PM

yowza.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maria Taylor sounds like a racist who has a problem with white QBs.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:50 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 27, 2018, 1:51 PM

She’s just reading the cue cards bro.

to create controversy

Sep 27, 2018, 1:53 PM

so that people talk about her/espn and click the link.

It worked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 2:21 PM

When does Al Sharpton get involved? Asking for a friend.

^Al Sharpton reference... Must be a confederate flag waver.^***

Sep 27, 2018, 2:36 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^Al Sharpton reference... Must be a confederate flag waver.^***

Sep 27, 2018, 3:45 PM

^^^You mean HIS FRIEND - right?? re-read please.

:) peace out racist.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance ]

Who’s the first redneck on T-Net to bring up race? Asking for a friend.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 3:47 PM

^^^ :) You need to watch the Maria/Rowe'd trip. Maria was, well...I'll let you see for yourself and you might understand the reference. But, probably not.

Performance is what gets you to the playoff, and.....

Sep 27, 2018, 2:36 PM

hopefully through it.

what kind of idiot says its about the playoff without perfor

Sep 27, 2018, 2:43 PM

performance???

9 TD's to 2 TD's agains the same teams ????

kes KB is a better runner. --- but we have seen the defenses adjust - YOU MUST BE ABLE TO THROW DOWNFIELD to open up the run game.

null

Sep 27, 2018, 2:43 PM

MARIA Taylor made comments about Clemson that maybe she needs to do her homework on the QBS .I have been a fan of her but I want watch her any more. Did she say the same when Saban done that at half time.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:26 PM

What? You didn't agree with what she said so you're not going to watch her anymore? Grow up.

Contrary to Ms Taylor's recollection

Sep 27, 2018, 2:46 PM

Trevor Lawrence did indeed throw a touchdown vs. TAMU. In fact it was his first play of the game!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Contrary to Ms Taylor's recollection

Sep 27, 2018, 4:02 PM

Exactly.....and that is when the momentum shifted in our favor and silenced the crowd! A&M played a great game, but the Tigers held their own for the win!

Maria Taylor is making a terrible argument . . .

Sep 27, 2018, 2:55 PM

It's barely even an argument. It's basically that Bryant was at QB for two second half TD drives against A&M. But she ignored Spears' point that Trevor came in and did better in some cases against lesser competition than Bryant did. Taylor wants it summed up by those two TD's.

It can be argued that it's a close case, but it can't be argued that it's a slam-dunk in favor of Kelly. Furthermore, it's a false dichotomy to suggest that Dabo was motivated by a national championship run as opposed to on-field performance thus far. Why do coaches even *care* about on field performance when setting the depth chart? Because it's a huge indicator of potential future performance - national championship run or otherwise. Even if we assume that Dabo did make the decision in anticipation of a playoff run, the question would still be why he chose Lawrence to lead that playoff charge - would it not be b/c he thinks Lawrence is more able, better suited, gives us the best chance to win? If so, does it stand to reason that Dabo was *NOT* considering comparative performance of the two thus far this season? Does that make any sense at all? It's a false dichotomy to suggest what she suggested.

Re: Maria Taylor is making a terrible argument . . .

Sep 27, 2018, 7:32 PM

I hope you got some chlorophone when you got your dickophony...

I thought ESPN used the "eye test" to evaluate football

Sep 27, 2018, 3:04 PM

especially when they are trying to get multiple SEC teams in the CFP.

Did something change ?

I didn’t click when I saw “Maria Taylor thinks” ***

Sep 27, 2018, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 3:07 PM

Obviously she doesn’t know what she’s looking at, so she can tell what TL would have done in the game when he was standing on the sidelines?

Sep 27, 2018, 4:49 PM

Who gives a shisk what Maria Taylor sezs. Just saying

Sep 27, 2018, 3:28 PM

I wish women in sports didn't make the "women in sports stigma" worse. ESPN desperately needs an Erin Andrews type woman back on their staff. If Beth Mowins was slightly more attractive, she would be perfect.

Is Clemson better without KB? No. Perhaps that's another reason he left - to "stick" it to us. Kelly's reaction to the news and his behavior since left a bitter taste in his mouth and he saw his future poof into thin air. Is he good enough for the NFL? Who knows. Time will tell.

At any rate, Maria's argument that TL didn't earn his spot is bogus. In sports, whoever has the comparative advantage wins the job - you should know this, Ms. UGA Volleyball. Especially when they essentially had the same reps/opportunities. That's no different than at Alabama (Hurst just hasn't left yet - and it won't be as drama-filled when he does). Also, attrition happens ALL THE TIME, this one just happens to be at a "shocking" time due to the new rule.

Did Kelly do anything specific to lose his job? Also no, but he didn't do anything to add the wow factor - more so went through the motions.

- Lady Tiger'12 :)

Sep 27, 2018, 4:08 PM

Hate to be sexist but I can't watch a game with a female commentator. I usually like someone who played the game.
Don't watch any ESPN talking head shows.

she's not a commentator she's the sidline reporter

Sep 27, 2018, 4:35 PM

her job is to ask a couple of questions (that are given to her) and look good doing it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance ]

I don't disagree with that. I'd rather hear a woman call softball/volleyball games, so that's no different than men calling football.

I don't think Maria is a commentator, though. She's just asking questions and stating the obvious on the sideline, like all the others.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:19 PM

There are just too many Talking Heads talking about football! Her statement is so stupid! If you don't have performance you don't win games. If you don't win games you don't get to the playoffs. What a bunch of #### rocket scientists ! I'm sure somebody has already turned this into a racial thing I just haven't seen it. Me thinks that Bryant had an attitude since the spring game and it wasn't a good one. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:25 PM

Her only argument is TL threw 9 TDs during games with lower competition. But KB also played in those same games and didn’t throw 9 TDs, so her argument is invalid.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 4:33 PM

She is entitled to her opinion, but I still stand behind my coach. KB will always be a Tiger and we still care what happens to him. We wish him the best but I wish he would have reconsidered. God bless him and wish him the best.

That is the dumpest bunch of crap I've seen all day.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:36 PM

She sounds like a TL fan trying to convince Dabo to go ahead and make the change before it's too late. She must spend a lot of time reading that kinda stupid nonsensical logic tnetters used when trying to convince everyone that TL should start in our first game. No, it's not a lot like that it's exactly identical to the smoke tnetters blew up everyone's shorts to support their opinions before the season began.

What she and they failed to appreciate is obvious now. Dabo was putting the best man in the job back then and he's doing it again now.

I doubt Dabo's desire to win the last game of the season overwhelm his desire to win the next one. That would make him a liar for he has stated many times the next game is the most important.

Cuse should be flattered that he respect their program enough to change starting quarterbacks to beat them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She has been all in on some Kelly Bryant since his games vs U of L last year.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:44 PM

Wanted to put him in the Heisman talk, then. She is butthurt, and refuses to give TL any points at Texas A&M. Also to say T Law would not have lead us to more points at Texas A&M is not factually. Her feelings are getting in the way of her job.

so much talk, nothing coming out***

Sep 27, 2018, 5:13 PM

Sep 27, 2018, 7:07 PM

I remember how tough she was as a Linebacker at UGA. Oh wait she's never tackled a soul in her life. Leave football decisions to football people Maria and you'll sound more credible.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:16 PM

Is Maria’s argument sound? No. Does KB (who I wish hadn’t left-but Trevor is the gunslinger we needed) get to QB in the NFL? Answer: How many running QBs does the NFL have now? How many would survive their first season?. Trevor gives the Tigers the punch that we have been lacking to get the momentum back in games. Bama loaded the box all night long in the playoff and the scoreboard for us dried up. Her argument makes no sense and is specious at best.

Apparently she didn't review the stats

Sep 27, 2018, 8:26 PM

Stats do not lie. It was 100% about performance and also 100% about attitude.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Apparently she didn't review the stats

Sep 27, 2018, 8:47 PM

Attitude?! I don't disagree about the stats/eye test but you're crazy if you think Bryant's attitude was detrimental to this team.

Re: Apparently she didn't review the stats

Sep 28, 2018, 7:13 AM

No his attitude facing the adversity of losing his starting spot was terrible and immature. He could have sucked in his gut and took it on the chin like a man, but he didn't.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Sep 27, 2018, 8:36 PM

I like her, but totally disagree with her. As others have mentioned, her & KB had a great rapport when she & Holly Rowe made an appearance on the VLOG (both were great, BTW). I think part of this is having a good connection with KB and wanting to defend your friends.

She's not wrong about KB's performance against A&M. We don't win that game without him, in my opinion, but it wasn't like he was an unstoppable machine either. Trying to discredit TL's success against lesser competition doesn't help the argument because KB's performance in those games wasn't great.

She knows college football, but is wrong in this situation.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:40 PM

Is she that dude woman they have announcing games now?
Hard to listen to.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:43 PM

I forgot something earlier...Isn’t the whole point to get to the playoffs followed by a shot at the Natty? So Maria is stating the obvious. Yes Maria it’s about getting to the playoffs.

ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about

Sep 27, 2018, 8:57 PM

emulating Dimwitch.

She'll put us on UA Friday evening...

Sep 28, 2018, 4:53 AM

This is the truth I have read so far. Everybody is comin at Kelly for leavin like it his fault. Y’all taking talent over experience. It was a drastic move. He didn’t earn that starting spot. Kelly made us beat A&M. Trevor didn’t push the ball after that first throw for a TD. Kelly is a leader and he is way better than Trevor. I’m glad he didn’t stay till Saturday or next week.

Sep 28, 2018, 4:53 AM

This is the truth I have read so far. Everybody is comin at Kelly for leavin like it his fault. Y’all taking talent over experience. It was a drastic move. He didn’t earn that starting spot. Kelly made us beat A&M. Trevor didn’t push the ball after that first throw for a TD. Kelly is a leader and he is way better than Trevor. I’m glad he didn’t stay till Saturday or next week.

Sep 28, 2018, 6:09 AM

Leaving was his fault, his decision. He put himself first, not his team, his teammates or his coaches. This is all on KB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach makes clear there is a tight competition going on

Sep 28, 2018, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance ]

Kelly gets the slight edge and is the starter.
As we were told would happen both get lots of playing time.
Kelly shows steady hand in A&M win and continues to start every game
Game 4 Kelly is ineffective and Trevor lights up GT
Coach says he’s giving Trevor the next start
Kelly quits

Re: Coach makes clear there is a tight competition going on

Sep 28, 2018, 8:00 AM

That, is an un-biased and accurate assessment!
Be careful with those.

Sep 29, 2018, 3:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN's Maria Taylor thinks QB switch is more about playoffs than performance ]

"Ya'll taking talent over experience"
"Kelly......and he is way better than Trevor"

I'm sorry-I'm missing something here

"Kelly made us beat A&M" As I recall Bryant finished the game because we went almost exclusively to a running game and Kelly is an additional running back. Not dissing him but he did not single handedly
make us win the game.

and Kelly leaving is his fault. He was told Trevor was starting this game. He quit. We would be a better team with him and he could have possibly earned his starting job back. Now he could end up at some podunk school. I do wish him the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 7:21 AM

Of course your GF is going to defend you, the whole team knew he was hitting that.

Why is the word "thinks" used in a sentence

Sep 29, 2018, 3:36 AM

with Maria Taylor... or a lot of other "analysts" for that matter. Maybe she has a mommy complex.

and Yes it is about making the playoffs dummy!He was told he would not start and the rest is on him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 62
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic