Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll

Dec 27, 2020, 10:03 AM

WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll

It's almost Sugar Bowl time as No. 2 Clemson will battle No. 3 Ohio State on Friday night on New Year's Day. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was interviewed by Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll

Dec 27, 2020, 11:11 AM

And Dabo is absolutely correct!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll

Dec 27, 2020, 11:16 AM

How many times does he have to answer that question? And, yes, he is correct.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 27, 2020, 11:32 AM

Until we blow them out Friday. Then he won’t ever be asked that question again.

Dec 27, 2020, 11:43 AM

I won’t be surprised to see us stomp the OSU. We do seem to be peaking at the right time, and we look very good. OSU may be great, but their body of work is so limited, who knows just how good, or not, they are? We all get to find out on Friday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 5:39 PM

Yep, If I were a gambling man, I would put my money on Wake playing against 4 or 5 of those teams that OSU beat in their 6 win season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 10:33 AM

So would I! +1

Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll***

Dec 27, 2020, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll ]

Dec 27, 2020, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll ]

Until the next time. We can beat them every year, and it’s still the same old story. They have a hard time accepting the fact that “Li’l OL’ Clemson” owns them. That is a fact they cannot change. It will continue this year, too! Mark it down!

Dec 27, 2020, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll ]

Until the next time. We can beat them every year, and it’s still the same old story. They have a hard time accepting the fact that “Li’l OL’ Clemson” owns them. That is a fact they cannot change. It will continue this year, too! Mark it down!

Dec 28, 2020, 10:25 AM

DABO.....................is always ahead of the class....he is completely right....so is the univ., you can't gain entrance with 1,000 sat, you need in the range of 1,300 give or take...what say you?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 30, 2020, 10:31 AM

Clemson is an outstanding university, and our graduates don't need to take a back seat to any other school, and furthermore, our graduates are good people, not just some nerdy eggheads who can do a math problem, but are clueless as to coping with all the issues life will throw at them. Our athletes leave Clemson with degrees that enable them to function at the highest levels, and they have personalities that endear them to their employers and to their work colleagues, as well. Yes, I am prejudiced, but we've earned that right, don't you think?

Dec 30, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll ]

Here's to hoping you are right. I'm sure of the win, but I still think "the mighty osu" fans still will crow and complain. +

Dec 27, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll ]

He’s a better man than I could hope to be.

To think, teams like FL, OSU, Michigan, aTm all have questionable character coaches that can get their guys almost there the wrong way while Clemson is the bell of the ball doing it the right way. They hate us cuz they ain’t us. Well said Jimbo, even if you are a dirtbag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 10:31 AM

Did you almost say..(Bell Cow), now for you who don't understand, ask around and some ole codger
will enlighten you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 30, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll ]

This! +1

Dec 27, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll ]

Why even explain. You get a vote. There will be those that like and dislike. Nothing to see here.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Dabo Swinney explains to ESPN why he ranked Ohio State No. 11 in poll ]

Why even explain. You get a vote. There will be those that like and dislike. Nothing to see here.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo Swinney explains why he ranked Ohio State No. 11

Dec 27, 2020, 11:52 AM

I would disagree slightly with Coach Swinney, and say the reason Ohio St is Top 4 is even simpler, and to his way of thinking more devious, than playing fewer games. It's simple capitalism.

The reason Ohio State is special is they are the biggest viewer draw in the nation -- yes, even bigger than Notre Dame #2 and Bama #3. They bring up the interest in the game, the number of TV viewers, the number of bowl game attendees, and the amount of revenue that advertisers will gladly pay for TV ads.

The size of the Ohio State and B1G alumni base and fan base means many of the media are fan boys and fan girls pulling for their team and conference when they place their AP votes. And the Pac 12 is along for the ride with their historic Rose Bowl rivalries and affiliations. The advertisers and networks understand the power of appealing to the largest population centers in the country, and it's a no-brainer. This is pure populism and capitalism at work. The team with the most fans get the most votes. And ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. etc. are not going to alienate the golden calf no matter how obtuse, blowhard and obnoxious the fan base may be at times.

If Coach Swinney wants to truly understand why the Clemson boosters are willing to pay him as much and at times more than any other coach in the country, he can look no further than his wins versus Alabama and Ohio State (and to a lesser extent Notre Dame). These wins make Coach Swinney a valuable commodity - much more so than the ACC championships. So as Coach Dabo Swinney says himself "my poll doesn't mean anything" - except for some bulletin board material and spice for both sides going into the Sugar Bowl. Go capitalism! Go Dabo! And go Tigers!

Re: Dabo Swinney explains why he ranked Ohio State No. 11

Dec 27, 2020, 2:15 PM

I agree with your assessment. However, it would be tantamount to just picking the top 4 tv audiences and that's it. Do I think OSU is one of the top 4 teams-probably. However , as has been stated-injuries, higher Covid risk and overall fatigue level of a team is affected by an 11 game season. Playing just a little more than half of the games, changing their own rules for COVID clearance-it's like the presidential election all over again. SO, OSU-I do not like you because of the way your fans act, the condescending attitude of your coach and the willingness of your administration and conference to just knock off 4 days of quarantine and return protocol just so you get some players back. I guess rules just don't count for some teams. BTW-the fact the Urban Meyer just turned the other way when aware of spousal abuse should have been another red flag for how far you would go to win...and now he's a commentator??? Strange how values some people have just disappeared when when they try to save face and the lure of bigger money turns the CFP committee into a bunch of harlots. I love the commercial "the right to be here is earned" what BS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 3:31 PM

Firstly, I don’t disagree with anything he’s said. However, secondly, there are plenty who do.

With that said, Dabo, please put down the shovel and walk away. Let’s just go beat their @$$.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 5:31 PM

Four words, Dabo is 100% Right!!! There is Texas A&M that played 9 games with one loss to the #1 team in the country, Bama. That one loss came in their second game of the season before OSU ever played their first game, and A&M have went 7-0 since their loss.

OSO is 6-0, beating two teams with a winning record, one of those team only played 1 team with a winning record, and the other team didn't play a team with a winning record. If Texas played the schedule that OSU played, they would be undefeated also, but with a bigger win margin.

Clemson and ND are both in with one loss being voted as the #2 and 3 team over OSU at #4. How could they justify that OSU deserved to be in, and Texas A&M didn't. They didn't have anybody they could put in the 1,2,3 spots, but the the 3 that they did, and then they played favoritism with OSU and A&M, choosing OSU over a team with a better record at 9-1... The favoritism will never end with the blue bloods, will it?????

Listen mate, our amps go to 11

Dec 27, 2020, 7:23 PM

See, it’s one louder.

https://youtu.be/KOO5S4vxi0o

Re: Listen mate, our amps go to 11

Dec 28, 2020, 5:45 AM

11 1/2 to be exactly right but they give you the 1/2 for free!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic