Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Vegas odds on Deshaun Watson's next NFL team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

TNET: Vegas odds on Deshaun Watson's next NFL team

Jan 18, 2021, 8:41 AM

Vegas odds on Deshaun Watson's next NFL team

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has not officially asked for a trade amid reports that he is very unhappy with his organization. However, that has not Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Vegas odds on Deshaun Watson's next NFL team

Jan 18, 2021, 8:46 AM

Out of the frying pan into the fire?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 6:53 PM

Most moves will cost DW4 major $$$$.
California or New York are the worse cases, they would cost him over $5 Million more per year in taxes!
Figure $20 Million over his contract.

Hopefully they can fix Houston. He would be great in Dallas with Dak Prescott moving-on.
Houston will not let him go, unless they get a lot in return.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:38 AM

He would easily make up for the tax loss with increased marketing dollars in NY.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:15 AM

Steps to tank a franchise

1) Hire a Belichick cast-off who couldn't even coach at the collegiate level for a sustained period.

2) Give him all the power when he has short term success

3) Watch him gut the team of players, draft picks and morale

4) Fire him and elevate an coordinator past his point of expertise, ignoring history

5) Refuse to listen to the key players opinions, instead keep doing the cowboy way

6) Close all lines of communication, pretend dissent is an urban myth

Jan 18, 2021, 9:19 AM

Please NOT the Jets! As bad if not worse front office than Texans. 49ers would be best, but would take Broncos or Dolphins. Anyone but Jets.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:36 AM

Deshaun has a no-trade clause. He can block a trade to the Jets (or anyone else) if he doesn’t like the situation.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:20 AM

The Bears. How ironic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 12:17 PM

^^This^^

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess...

Jan 18, 2021, 9:22 AM

1st Dolphins
2nd Patriots (they have the money)
3rd Saints ( if Brees retires, will open $50mil but many think they are happy with Hill/Winston) i have my doubts
4th Jets if they work out some crazy trade and decide not to use their 1st rnd pick for Fields or Jones
5th ATL, i can see them working a Ryan trade as he is going the Rivers era of football. They would love the pull of the home town boy.

But this crazy biz you never know, just my limited guess from playing too much Fantasy league.

ughh.. i might just stay in Houston if the Jets are my other

Jan 18, 2021, 9:25 AM

option.Why go play for a bad team in cold weather than one in warm?

It's almost certain to be the Dolphins or Jets

Jan 18, 2021, 9:27 AM

because they can package great draft picks with a young QB.

Texans are in both salary cap and draft pick jail because of BOB. He left the franchise in ruins. Team talent is going to be worse next year even with Deshaun. They have no choice but to trade him. It's almost as if they orchestrated things to tick him off.

As far as I'm aware, no other team can come close to what the Dolphins and Jets can offer. Having the Bears as 3rd is a (sick) joke.

I thought i read the other day that the Dolphins owner says

Jan 18, 2021, 9:51 AM

that Tua is their guy and they're sticking with him. So unless he's just totally sandbagging (which is a possibility) then i'd say its not the Dolphins. The other thing is that Deshaun does have a no-trade clause so its not up to Houston its up to Deshaun. But i can't imagine he's looking to go to New Jersey.

Re: I thought i read the other day that the Dolphins owner says

Jan 18, 2021, 12:46 PM

The GM, Greir, and Flores, the coach, both said that Tua would be the starter next year. That was in reference to the rumors of Miami drafting another QB.

Miami hasn't said anything since Watson said he wanted to be in Miami. It's been very quiet. Miami isn't sold on Tua. I think they are playing it great right now. They will be hard to beat for Watson.

Re: I thought i read the other day that the Dolphins owner says

Jan 19, 2021, 12:16 PM

I'm not saying they would actually trade Tua, but if you are open to trading him then no way do you make that public. If you make it public, and end up not trading him then you've potentially killed his confidence, and also potentially damaged the relationship between him and the organization. Also, you want to try and make his value seem as high as possible in any trade talks. It makes it a lot harder to argue the value of a player when you've come out and said you're open to replacing him.

I doubt that as well. But, I also say, if you put him

Jan 18, 2021, 7:28 PM [ in reply to I thought i read the other day that the Dolphins owner says ]

in the Big Apple, he would become a Derek Jeter type megastar. He would own the town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you keep blaming the wrong guy? BOB was the

Jan 18, 2021, 12:01 PM [ in reply to It's almost certain to be the Dolphins or Jets ]

defacto GM but clearly the organization was pushing most of these moves, as proven by their continued shenanigans AFTER he was fired...I know, I know, it helps to have a scapegoat you can blame EVERYTHING on, just make sure it's the RIGHT guy

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do you keep blaming the wrong guy? BOB was the

Jan 18, 2021, 12:51 PM

Which superstar did they trade for peanuts after BOB left?

It was Jack's decision to ship Hopkins and Tommy Boy

Jan 18, 2021, 6:05 PM

signed off on it...Well after they fired BOB, they released Kenny Stills, a starter caliber WR who is STILL under contract to them and Deandre Carter their longtime returner pt WR, and then Fuller got suspended and Cobb went on IR within a week...And they got rid of both for NO reason,were happy with their multiple TE looks and just wanted to "move on" and because the released them, they had to put street FAs on the active roster

Re: It was Jack's decision to ship Hopkins and Tommy Boy

Jan 18, 2021, 6:59 PM

Those are not the decisions that derailed the franchise. They got too little for Clowney, overpaid for Tunsil, and made a terrible trade with Nuk. Those moves left them with very few marketable assets. They lost superstars and don’t have draft capital to rebuild. The secondary moves later this year were nowhere near as damaging.
Also, the moves to push Clowney and Nuk out were largely attributed to poor relationships with BOB.

Clowney was a FA at the end of the year and was

Jan 18, 2021, 8:12 PM

walking, so they got a free 3rd rounder for him. They paid what they had to to get an elite LT nad it wasn't BOB who pushed Hopkins out, it was Jack...You don't seem to very informed on the subject, particularly as it pertained to Clowney and Hopkins...They also shopped Fuller and Cooks before the trade deadline and BOB was long gone by that point...It doesn't appear you know who is really in charge...not surprising

Re: Clowney was a FA at the end of the year and was

Jan 19, 2021, 7:22 AM

I am very informed, thanks. I’ve followed the franchise closely. Losing Clowney for a third rounder is a management gaffe. They waited too long and got too little. They had other options, including franchising or extending. Or, most obviously, acting sooner.
They overpaid for Tunsil. You say they paid what they had to, I say who else has paid that much? Nobody, because it was too expensive.
If you don’t realize BOBs relationship with the stars of this team is to blame, you are tone deaf. Not surprising.

The league clearly took advantage of BOB’s incompetence as a GM.

Franchise Clowney? Good Lord, you ARE clueless...He was

Jan 19, 2021, 5:03 PM

so toxic, he was derailing his OWN trade options by publicly stating he wouldn't resign with whoever traded for him(which he didn't BTW) and they were able to get a 3rd rounder for him, that was a steal for a divisive, seldom healthy malcontent who had announced to the World he wouldn't resign...And ypou act li8ke he was an asset...Get a freaking clue guy, he was radioactive

Re: Franchise Clowney? Good Lord, you ARE clueless...He was

Jan 19, 2021, 5:18 PM

I said it was an option. I also said the most obvious thing was to take action SOONER, which has been re-stated below by another fan who is educated on the topic. What's toxic here are your posts...you continue to come across as a conceited keyboard warrior. Is it disappointing to go to bed every night knowing you still have to be you when you wake up?

Re: Clowney was a FA at the end of the year and was

Jan 19, 2021, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney was a FA at the end of the year and was ]

Clowney did not want out originally, was mismanaged by BOB:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/jadeveon-clowney-says-he-didnt-want-to-leave-houston/

Clowney did want to re-sign, but was too expensive:
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/seahawks-unlikely-to-re-sign-jadeveon-clowney

Trade was "terribly lopsided" due to Texans' "own incompetence"
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/texans-jadeveon-clowney-trade-seahawks

Period.

Thank you!

Jan 18, 2021, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: It was Jack's decision to ship Hopkins and Tommy Boy ]

You get it!

Sir, with all due respect

Jan 18, 2021, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Why do you keep blaming the wrong guy? BOB was the ]

I live in this town and I'm knee deep in this stuff. You have no idea what you're talking about.

BOB was made THE MAN by the Texans when given the GM title. Cal McNair (who is a complete weakfish) hid behind him for 2 years and allowed BOB free reign to do whatever he wanted to.

The Tunsil trade was almost as bad as the Deandre trade because they gave up 2 first rounders for a below-average LT and signed him to the highest LT contract (at the time) in NFL history.

BOB could have gotten more for Clowney but he waited far too late to make a trade and his borderline-hatred of Clowney became public.

Deandre is a unique guy. No secret there, but he produces on the field and guys in the locker room respected him. BOB couldn't have someone admired by other players that didn't fit his mold.

It was NOT the organization that pushed these trades because BOB WAS the organization at the time. But an 0-4 start was fatal because he made his own bed.

Cal McNair is incapable of owning a franchise and gets snowed by people very easily. First by BOB, now by Jack Easterby.

The fact the organization remains a joke post-BOB proves that firing incompetence only does so much when you have nothing to replace it.

Re: Sir, with all due respect

Jan 19, 2021, 7:25 AM

Well said and I agree on all points. But good luck getting Shack to listen to logic. He is an expert on all topics.

Jan 19, 2021, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Sir, with all due respect ]

Well said and I agree on all points. But good luck getting Shack to listen to logic. He is an expert on all topics.

Jan 19, 2021, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Sir, with all due respect ]

I agree they gave up too much for Tunsil, but disagree with you saying he was a below average LT. He was already considered to be a near pro bowl player at the time of the deal, and he's now made the pro bowl in 2 straight seasons. I do think they gave up too much by giving up 2 first round picks, but it was at least an attempt to improve their OL.

Give me $100 on the Chiefs***

Jan 18, 2021, 9:28 AM

Jan 18, 2021, 10:05 AM

I think it would be funny to see him go to the Bears, hoping they keep Trubisky as his back up to salt their wounds for passing him over in the draft.

Wouldn’t happen, as I assume they would have to trade trubisky in order to get Watson.

I feel like Clemson-man Jon Gruden will try to figure

Jan 18, 2021, 10:14 AM

something out to get Watson to Vegas...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trade to Raiders for...

Jan 18, 2021, 11:25 AM

Derek Carr, Henry Ruggs, a 2021 1st Round Draft Pick, 2021 3rd Round Draft Pick, and a 2022 Second Round Draft Pick

Raiders Receive:
Watson and 2021 2nd Round Draft Pick

Message was edited by: kgpittm®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trade to Raiders for...

Jan 19, 2021, 12:34 PM

I hope the raiders would keep Ruggs and just give away a first along with Carr and maybe a first the next year. Giving away Ruggs even for Watson would be dumb. Watson needs Ruggs.

The Jets? Good Lord they make Houston look like a well

Jan 18, 2021, 11:58 AM

run organization

Jan 18, 2021, 1:13 PM

I would love to see DW become a Dolphin since I live in S FL. I would also love to see ETN in a Dolphins uniform!

OMG No Jets!!***

Jan 18, 2021, 2:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 4:04 PM

As a Jets fan still sad that they couldn't tank enough for Trevor, Deshaun would be the next best thing.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:40 PM

spazur said:

As a Jets fan still sad that they couldn't tank enough for Trevor, Deshaun would be the next best thing.

No offense to you as a Jets fan, but I
could never see DW4 or TL16 going there.

Jan 19, 2021, 3:55 AM

I'll take the Jags at 15 to 1. They have the cap space to take on DW. They have the draft picks. Most importantly, they have the only draft pick that guarantees Trevor. Houston gets a QB that could be an upgrade a couple of years down the road and Urban can start winning next year.

Jan 19, 2021, 4:14 AM

The Jags will never do it. The goal in the NFL is ro have a great QB under a rookie contract. TL also might be as good or better than Deshaun in a short bit. They can build a great team without a huge hit on the salary cap that they would have with Watson. The Jags are definitely not even considering it. They want all of their picks and TL's rookie contract. TlL is also a lock to be a great pro.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:55 AM

Great post!

Teams that want to win now are the most likely destinations for Deshaun. Jags are building from near-scratch and need a cheap rookie who could be great in 2-3 years.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic