Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list

May 3, 2018, 11:56 AM

Two Tigers make top QBs list

Two Clemson quarterbacks made Sporting News’ top-25 ranking at the position for the 2018 season. Returning starter Kelly Bryant checks in at No. 13 and five-sta Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list

May 3, 2018, 12:03 PM

:) ;)

May 3, 2018, 12:05 PM

If Bentley made the list it's bogus lol of course our freshman who has never played in a college game is just a few places back, imagine what he will do when he starts playing lol

It's great to be us!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Clemson will not_____

May 3, 2018, 12:09 PM

settle for having the ""third best quarterback in the ACC"" ( per the write-up, rated Kelly Bryant 3rd best in ACC ) --- and we have the #1 & #2 best sitting on the bench ?? NoWay**

May 3, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

Yes it is!!! But watching TL's highlights, I think that he is one of the best I've seen with timed patterns. It seems that he puts the ball right where the receivers will be, and open....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep he's behind Joke Bentley but

May 3, 2018, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

There isn't a coach in the country that would take Bentley over TL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2018, 12:06 PM

I think TL eventually gets the start but I’m glad to see that the pundits are giving credit where credit is due to KB. The way some our “fans” bash him is unreal. KB is not an all world QB but he is a good one that deserves some love from Clemson fans for the job he has done. Nobody expected him to do as well as he did last year. To do what he has done as an athlete while battling chrohns is nothing short of remarkable.

May 3, 2018, 12:16 PM

Stat wise, he under performed last season. He was a great game manager for us though.

May 3, 2018, 12:41 PM

I agree with you about the passing stats but we knew that wasn’t his strength. He was a playmaker with his legs and that is exactly why I said before the season that he would not be another Cole Stoudt. I posted that KB was a much better athlete than CS and some people blasted me for it. KB far exceeded all of the doom and gloom predictions of a lot of people on here. He is not a bad QB at all he just isn’t an elite QB because of his deficiencies in the passing game.

May 3, 2018, 1:44 PM

Actually, no he wasn't a top level playmaker with his legs either...surprisingly, his passing stats yardage wise are better looking than his rushing stats were when you look vs other QB's. But it seems many on here that want to think KB was some great QB don't really take a look at the real truth behind the stats.

Let's compare to an elite running dual threat...Lamar Jackson:

Lamar Jackson's last 2 years:
2016: 3,543 yards passing w/ 30 TD's plus 1,571 yards rushing w/ 21 TD's (13 games). Heisman winner
2017: 3,660 yards passing w/ 27 TD's and 1,601 yards rushing w/ 18 TD's (13 games). Heisman finalist

Kelly Bryant
2017: 2,802 yards passing w/ 13 TD's and 665 yards rushing w/ 11 TD's.

665 yards rushing is all he had, while playing behind a better O-Line, with better offensive cast, and while playing 1 more game....Jackson's rushing is 2.5 times as much as Bryant's.

That's level with 2016 Deshaun Watson's rushing....the year most Clemson fans and the world would say that the coaches cut WAY back on Deshaun's rushing. 2015, Watson had 1105 yards rushing, w/ 12 rushing TD's.

Passing stats (vs past Clemson QB's and vs other current QB's), just to give a good view of comparison...note vs Clemson QB's the difference of earlier guys stats vs Boyd's and Watson's level stats, which were more like current elite QB's. Notice which Kelly looks more like.

This is no knock at KB, but I think some people need to really look at this and really see if these stats paint out the picture of a guy that's at the level of even our prior 2 main QB's, much less the elite ones in current day.

this is a good post***

May 3, 2018, 1:57 PM

Not really. Doesn't address what people are actually saying

May 3, 2018, 3:10 PM

The post he responded to said that Bryant was a good game manager and better than many think. That's different than saying he's the best QB we have, or that he's as good as Watson or Boyd passing, or that he's a top 10 QB in the country. But it seems like the only points of view his detractors think are valid are that "he sucks" or "he's Deshaun Watson parte deux." He's somewhere in the middle, but more to the positive side. Going through his stats from last year and cherry picking his lowest totals seems pretty silly to me, too.

And just looking at those stats, his rating was better than Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan's. He threw Whitehurst's worst year in there, but Whitehurst was one of the better passers we've ever had.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

I didn’t mean to infer that his running game was great statistically speaking but there were times when his running ability made big time plays for us. Without it we lose more games. LJ was a one man show in Louisville. KB had Feaster and ETN to help carry the load in the run game. This is almost like comparing ETN’s stats with Saquon Barkley. Stop trying to take away from a QB that lead us to one of the best seasons in Clemson history just because he is not an elite QB. Respect a guy that has played his heart out for us and give credit where credit is due. It’s sad that people outside of Clemson can do it but some of our “fans” can’t.

May 3, 2018, 2:44 PM

Just being honest, stop trying to make the QB look like he's some elite QB just because he "took us to the playoffs", like he didn't play a 2-6 record, "quitting on their coach that left them" anomaly FSU. If they had been the normal FSU we usually have seen the last several decades (which I believe IS our main division rival to getting to even the ACC game, much less playoffs), he would have lost that game and NOT made the playoffs...Just look at the stats, and open your eyes.

vs FSU 2018:
151 yards passing, 0 passing TD's...60 yards rushing, 1 rushing TD.

Clemson RB's: 2 rushing TD's by Etienne, 1 by Choice.

And that's supposed to beat a normal top of the ACC FSU?? Please say it would with a straight face....because we might play a more normal one this year now that Willie Taggart is there. Are you honestly confident if he repeats that performance or one like Bama (which the Spring Game doesn't help his case of improvement), that he'd win this time around, in Tallahassee?? Just food for thought.

FSU ranked 18th in total defense last year

May 3, 2018, 3:36 PM

They finished the year with a winning record, and were 3-5 when they played us. You're way off, again. Plus, once again, the post you're responding to wasn't saying that Bryant was an elite QB. Stop with the straw men, and quit cherry picking stats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude I hate to say this too you but

May 3, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

you really need to pay attention to detail. I explicitly said that KB is not elite QB because of his deficiencies in the passing game. Stop knocking KB because he is not elite. We’ve rarely had an elite QB at Clemson but we’ve had some good ones and KB is one of them. Stop acting like a spoiled bandwagon fan because I’ve read enough of your posts to know that you’re not. Act like someone who loves and respects what guys like KB who poured out so much of their heart into Clemson do for us.

Re: Dude I hate to say this too you but

May 3, 2018, 5:39 PM

LMAO....ok, I'll sit here with my Clemson Class of 2001 ring and degree, while you pretend that just stating KB's issues when people want to put him on this huge pedestal for getting to a playoff when FSU was DOWN makes me some "bandwagon fan". Just makes you look dumb, and you'll look even worse if KB gets surpassed this year, or loses to FSU, as I'm quite sure he will do both if allowed.

Back to my original post....AGAIN

May 3, 2018, 6:38 PM

I think TL eventually gets the start but I’m glad to see that the pundits are giving credit where credit is due to KB. The way some our “fans” bash him is unreal. KB is not an all world QB but he is a good one that deserves some love from Clemson fans for the job he has done. Nobody expected him to do as well as he did last year. To do what he has done as an athlete while battling chrohns is nothing short of remarkable.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET-Two-Tigers-make-top-QBs-list-1798486?start=0&tstart=0#ixzz5ETrdpRLl

I normally enjoy your posts but I just don’t get you trashing one of our players like you are. I said you are acting like a bandwagon fan and I also said I know that you’re not. It looks like you only hear/see/read what you want to. Have a good evening.

And the one that you originally replied to

May 3, 2018, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Dude I hate to say this too you but ]

I agree with you about the passing stats but we knew that wasn’t his strength. He was a playmaker with his legs and that is exactly why I said before the season that he would not be another Cole Stoudt. I posted that KB was a much better athlete than CS and some people blasted me for it. KB far exceeded all of the doom and gloom predictions of a lot of people on here. He is not a bad QB at all he just isn’t an elite QB because of his deficiencies in the passing game.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET-Two-Tigers-make-top-QBs-list-1798486?start=0&tstart=0#ixzz5ETuwUNyD

Re: Dude I hate to say this too you but

May 3, 2018, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Dude I hate to say this too you but ]

oh, and btw, for a RUN DOMINANT QB...which you are saying he is...shouldn't he have more than 700 yards in 14 games?? That'd be only an average of 50 yards a game, if you do the math...sure sounds like elite running QB, right?? So with that rush yards average, he should have passing TD's at least in the 20's with 2800 passing yards, right... Seeing most elite in their biggest college years had 30+... Even Cam Newton who had similar passing yardage stats. So wait... He didn't have even 14 passing TD's but yet didn't break over 50 yards a game rushing instead, and that makes him above average? SMH...

May 4, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

I don't think your understand that if your QB can't make splash plays with his arm he has to be contributing in the running game. It's the bare minimum like getting a D on an elective.

May 3, 2018, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

Let's take a look at those games you circled.

Auburn: KB was the only player on either team to find the endzone.

BC was 3 quarters of ugly football followed by a 4th quarter explosion. DW's performances against Troy and NC State in 2016 were ugly, too. It happens.

Virginia Tech: We jumped out to a 10-0 lead that expanded to 17-3 at the half and 24-3 in the third quarter. We were in control of this game and took our foot off the gas early. Look at the full game summary: KB had a great game until we went up 24-3.

FSU: Again, we jumped to a 17-0 lead and took our foot off the gas after the half. FSU started to come back, then we shut the door for good. FSU still had a good defense with elite talent, even though their offense was garbage. Look at the game summary: We had only one three-and-out, which was the first drive of the game.

May 3, 2018, 2:55 PM

Whoa whoa whoa...before you get ahead of yourself there, are you just going to spit out TEAM stats, or actually look at KB vs th erest seperately to see if it was really HIM that did that? Let's look closer:

Auburn: Travis Etienne didn't play in the game at all, was too new to the program to come in Game 2....he became by season end the team's leading rusher and a top 25 rushing TD running back, so you can't say that doesn't matter....But you do point out that KB's passing never made it in the end zone...only 161 yards, 0 passing TD's...his runnning did, though he only had a measly 59 yards total rushing in that game (1 TD was 3 yards, other was 27 yards BTW, so 1 good rush play worth noting).

VT:
KB's stats: 186 yards passing, 1 passing TD....94 yards rushing, 0 rushing TD's (worth 7 points)
Clemson RB's: 1 rushing TD's by Feaster, 1 by Fuller (worth 14 points)
Dorian O'Daniel interception for a TD (worth 7 points)
...so is Kelly who is responsible for that win??

vs FSU 2018:
KB's stats: 151 yards passing, 0 passing TD's...60 yards rushing, 1 rushing TD (worth 7 points)
Clemson RB's: 2 rushing TD's by Etienne, 1 by Choice (off a short pass from Bryant, long run) (worth 21 points)
...so is Kelly who is responsible for that win??

This is wildly speculative

May 3, 2018, 3:33 PM

Against Auburn, Bryant was the only guy who did anything offensively. He passed for 181 yards, not 161. Auburn was also a great defense all year. Bryant basically was the major reason we were able to score enough points to win that game.

Go compare what Bryant did against Auburn with some QBs who would be more highly regarded on this board. Fitzgerald was 13/33 for 157 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT, while he ran for 56 yards and no TDs. Etling, in a game that LSU won, passed for just over 200 yards. Starkel from A&M passed for 180 yards and 2 TDs. Fromm was 13/28 for 184 yards with 1 TD and -33 yards rushing, then in the SECC he was 13/28 for 183 yards with 2 TDs. Hurts was 12/22 for 112 yards and 1 TD and ran for 82 yards with no TDs. The only two who significantly outperformed Bryant were Milton from UCF who ran a ton on Auburn (on a bunch of attempts) and Patterson from Ole Miss who threw a lot more.

Against VT, he ran all over them and passed successfully. We were way up for most of that game. I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make there, because he did everything he needed to do. VT's was another very good defense, statistically, too.

Against FSU, again, I don't know how you can criticize anything he did. This was another good defense, and he did what he was asked.

It seems that what you're arguing is that another QB could somehow have done better, but all we know is that we won all three of these games and our QB played pretty well in each game.

Re: This is wildly speculative

May 3, 2018, 6:13 PM

Don't pay attention to the fact that both top 2018 rushers of each team were not in the Auburn game... Travis Etienne... and Kerryon Johnson. Both game changers. Enter either one and that game could have easily went so differently.

Not to mention he ignores Bryant's rushing against BC

May 3, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

Then, in the Miami game, his low rush total was circled despite the fact that he only ran it a few times and we didn't run the ball well in that game overall. It's like people are trying to hold the gameplans against Bryant, or trying to hold his passing or rushing success in a given game against him.

Re: Not to mention he ignores Bryant's rushing against BC

May 3, 2018, 5:54 PM

No, it's like you guys aren't comparing how defenses played him and his success or lack thereof. Miami truthfully was an okay team, but much of their success came from their defensive takeaways (turnover chain ring a bell?). Vs Clemson they schemed to stop Kelly in the run game, and succeeded. And Clemson also turned the tables and became the team getting the turnovers....we got 3 in that game off Miami. But you guys are saying he's an elite running QB.... That couldn't run?? A run game is only good if your passing game is also good. Bama schemed against Deshaun... Did it stop him like it did Bryant? Just think about that.

Message was edited by: Tigerman1978

May 3, 2018, 7:12 PM

An ELITE running QB? Where? Show me. Playmaker with his legs yes. Elite running QB no.
Here Kelly B. Please show him what I’m talking about.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYytRJ9eyTM

May 3, 2018, 8:12 PM

Trevor, show him who can do the same...plus throw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o09PY8uHcGI

Tavien, Travis...show him why a QB running isn't quite as necessary with this team as a QB that can throw top level plus extend plays to keep defenses off balance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Ro1wnAXjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMttv66fyIs

I don’t know why you posted these videos.

May 4, 2018, 6:42 AM

They do absolutely nothing to prove that KB is not a playmaker. I said in my post that I believe TL will eventually get the nod and I’m saying right now that I think it will happen a lot sooner than most think. However, that has never been the point of any of my posts about Kelly Bryant. I do not understand why so many people are willing to throw him under the bus because he is not an elite QB. He’s a good QB that exceeded a lot of expectations last year. He’s a great kid with a great personality. He’s very fortunate to even be playing football with his medical condition. He represented the university well last year. Have some respect for what he did and give credit where credit is due.

I don’t know about all the back and forth you’ve got going on with the other posters but as far as I’m concerned I respect you Tman. I’ve always enjoyed your posts. I just ask that the next time you respond to one of my posts please take the time to thoroughly read it before you assume that I’m saying something I’m not.

Re: I don’t know why you posted these videos.

May 4, 2018, 9:48 AM

Not sure where you come off thinking everyone that analyzes his play means they don't respect him or what he did...seems you take it a bit too personal and need to take a Valium. People, myself included, respect what he did last year, but in the ever changing landscape known as college football, talent has to be re-assessed yearly, if not game by game. Did Kelly do some good things last year? Yes....did he also win several games not by his play and skill but by the play of others (RB's, Defense)....that is also a yes whether you can bring yourself to admit that or not. Thus he has to improve if he doesn't want to get his spot taken at some point in the season if Hunter or Trevor keep coming on strong.

So, take a chill pill...go sip a Mai Tai....and quit getting panties in a wad when people assess stats about a QB that in all essence is no better than Clemson QB's when Clemson was a 7-8 win team and consistently lost to FSU. Because unlike years in the past, there are two 5 star QB's behind him on the roster that says that Dabo doesn't HAVE to go with him, regardless what he did "last year". This is a new year, they start over...and Dabo has said that numerous times.

May 4, 2018, 10:25 AM

Man, slow down and read. Did I not say that TL will likely start and that it will be a lot sooner than most on this board think? As far as taking a chill pill I have been very respectful towards to you which is something you have not been towards me. Honestly this is just another internet message board and I have absolutely no reason to be upset about anything that goes on in this place. I don’t like some things people say but as far as me actually getting upset that’s not going to happen. Have an awesome day. I will say it again for I think the third time now. I usually like your posts and I respect you Tman but I’m done with this. Please take time to read my posts before you assume I’m saying things that I’m not.

May 4, 2018, 12:21 PM

" I do not understand why so many people are willing to throw him under the bus because he is not an elite QB."
"Have some respect for what he did and give credit where credit is due."
"Here Kelly B. Please show him what I’m talking about."
"I normally enjoy your posts but I just don’t get you trashing one of our players like you are."

^ respectfully, I understand, but that would be a big piece as to why....truth is, all I have been doing is speaking to his stats, comparing them vs other QB's, and speaking on whether he was really a great dual threat even in the legs department (basing on stats). I am in no way "throwing him under the bus" any more than his own stats throw him there. I'm not making up things, I'm just talking stats. I haven't taken away any credit, or disrespected (or trashed) him as a player or as a person, but I am also keeping the realistic eye open about where FSU was this year vs any other year in history...and whether I feel they'll continue to stay a train wreck if Byant had to play them again. And it seems some don't like that fact.

I'm not disrespecting you either, but I'm sure not going to be belittled like I can't discuss stats (as an analyst in real life, btw) just because they don't paint the "worldly" picture some people think everyone should have of him. They might not, but they are the reality of his play....and the reason he could end up passed in 2018 if he doesn't improve in all areas, even his legs. I have understood you stated you think Trevor will pass Bryant...but I've also watched you basically tell me an equivalent of "ignore his stats...praise him for where he took the team". Sorry, analysts don't work that way....we analyze results, to see where improvements can be made. I just look for respectful discussion on them, not someone telling me showing his stats and discussing them is disrespectful.

May 3, 2018, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

Great post. KB is not a good QB. He’s not a great runner and he’s terrible in the passing game. I don’t see what’s so wrong with admitting that. He’s an average QB at best. People on here want us to ignore his numbers because Clemson went 12-2.

So is he "not a good QB" or "average at best"?***

May 3, 2018, 3:33 PM

Re: So is he

May 3, 2018, 5:44 PM

Given his stats with 4 and 5 star talent all around him, he's an average QB with good athletic skills, when teams don't scheme against his run. But he's also easy to make one dimensional.

Doubt anybody blasted you for saying KB>CS athletically***

May 3, 2018, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

Re: Doubt anybody blasted you for saying KB>CS athletically***

May 3, 2018, 4:43 PM

They absolutely did. It was one of my first posts or maybe the first post I ever made on this board. A lot of people on here were not giving Kelly Bryant a chance and it I got tired of it just like I’m tired of the crap I read now just because we lost to the greatest program in the modern era of college football or we just simply weren’t winning the way they felt we should. Some so called “fans” need to get real and give our guys more respect.

Re: Doubt anybody blasted you for saying KB>CS athletically***

May 3, 2018, 6:02 PM

It has nothing to do with losing to Bama...I think that's what you are lacking to see. There's just some of us that know that the defense bailed us out of several games some are giving too much credit to Bryant, only because his end result was getting to a playoff. To some, it's not about "getting there" as much as it is assessing HOW we got there, and then looking at if some factors change (like FSU meeting Clemson this year undefeated like they usually do), would you feel the same performance would still work? Because hate to break it to some of you, but Francois does return this year, Taggart is now at the helm with a brand new coaching staff, brand new playbook. And if you can actually sit there and be happy with "did enough, at home", then cool...maybe "enough" won't cut it the next meeting, in Tallahassee. And I hope you'd be willing to watch your QB go down in a flame of glory....question, would you still be behind Bryant if he pulls what Tajh did in Clemson vs FSU with Winston? Just curious.

May 3, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

That's what he was asked to do because that's the team we had.

We ran the ball a lot last season and got a lot of our TDs on the ground (not just KB). If we had tried to throw it more, people would be complaining about why we were putting so much pressure on our defense and not just feeding Etienne and Feaster behind that big o-line.

We haven't had RBs of that talent level since at least Andre Ellington or possibly C.J. Spiller. (I love Wayne Gallman, but he was far more valuable as DW4s personal bodyguard than running it himself.)

May 3, 2018, 6:06 PM

^ exactly, but then you are getting to the exact point....we haven't had....which also means you don't necessarily HAVE to go with the best running QB now either. He has to get better in the passing, because our run threats are better than they have been...better enough to not HAVE to stick with him for his run skill, especially if teams scheme to stop the run. Does no good to have great RB's, a good running QB, if all the run lanes are blocked for any of them.

May 3, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

I grew up ten minutes from where Kelly Bryant grew up so I will always be a fan of his and I'm so proud of him!!!!

I pull for him but the truth is he has 3 QB's with more QB potential behind him unless some miracle happens as he works over the summer and his mind and athletic ability meet with confidence in his arm. He's the best athlete we have at QB but he seems to overthrow when there's pressure.

It's going to be the best Clemson season ever and it should be so much fun watching it work out!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 3, 2018, 12:45 PM

He is a tremendous athlete and as good as he is he likely won’t be our best option at QB. That’s not a knock to KB it’s just where we are as a program right now. “The best four QB’s ever assembled on one college roster” is what some reporter said. I trust the coaches to make the right decision on who to play when the time comes.

May 3, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers make top QBs list ]

KB is always going to be compared to Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence, so some people forget that he really is one of the best QBs in the country and one of the best QBs we've had at Clemson.

Yes, he has little chance of being an NFL QB. But neither did Tajh Boyd or Woodrow Dantzler or Homer Jordan and Jordan won a Championship.

You can’t talk sense to some people.

May 3, 2018, 2:38 PM

They act like they’ve been Clemson fans for like two years or something.

Re: You can’t talk sense to some people.

May 3, 2018, 5:46 PM

Try alumni since 2001.... Unlike you probably. You know, people can look at things differently and look at all aspects when making assessments of a player. Results don't always depict that the player was the one who was the primary reason those results were made.

May 3, 2018, 12:27 PM

Hunter’s spring game was not too shabby either.

LOL the only time Bentley will ever be ranked ahead of TL

May 3, 2018, 12:29 PM

is before TL ever plays a down.

AND WHO DF PUTS BENTLEY IN A QB LIST????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2018, 12:29 PM

The fact Bentley is 17 means these ratings are purely trash ??????!

Jake Bentley ahead of Finley?

May 3, 2018, 12:37 PM

Lol. Finley passed at will on our defense

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jake Bentley ahead of Finley?

May 3, 2018, 2:15 PM

A defense that was so depleted, Amir Trapp and Ray Ray McCloud played meaningful snaps.

TL is probably top 15 already.

May 3, 2018, 12:43 PM

He will be number 1 the following year.

May 3, 2018, 12:49 PM

What am I missing??? How do people honestly think Bentley is that good? Him being ranking in front of Ryan Finley or anyone on this list is a complete joke. Anytime...and I mean ANYTIME he has to perform against a defense that has the slightest pulse, he is complete garbage. What's even more laughable is the coots think he is a lock for a first round draft pick next year. How does an entire fan base live in that much delusion?

May 3, 2018, 1:03 PM

I’ve watched him basically in every game when I wasn’t at our game or watching ours on tv and can’t see how anyone thinks he’s better than an average qb. To put him ahead of Finley is garbage. He might be a top 25 qb in the state of sc but not nationally

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So many reasons this list is trash, I don't even want to

May 3, 2018, 1:12 PM

take the time to type it all out. Sheesh. Being a productive passer obviously isn't one of the criteria for being a top QB, but there are other laughable moments in this list, too.

May 3, 2018, 1:17 PM

I feel for HJ. He might be just as good as TL but has been lost in the hype.

I think TL is in a league of his own.

May 3, 2018, 1:25 PM

If could make my depth chart though, it would be....

1.TL
2. HJ
3. CB
4. KB

TL could easily get hurt and I hope HJ is waiting in the wings.

Re: I think TL is in a league of his own.

May 3, 2018, 2:49 PM

From what I have seen so far:

1. TL
2. KB
3. HJ
4. CB

TL hasn't played a snap, but so far, he looks better than DW4 did as a freshman. And he's only going to get better.

KB was the best QB we had last season, and I would put him second, but HJ and CB are closing fast. There's not much separation between the next three.

This is not a knock on KB, just a statement about how much talent we have. If not for TL, there would be no QB controversy. TL is just that good.

That being said, having KB as a backup QB as a senior is a waste of talent. Even using him as a "Freshman Tebow"/short yardage/run first specialty QB would be a waste of talent.

I think the depth chart is likely to be...

May 3, 2018, 3:01 PM

1. Bryant
2. Johnson
3. Lawrence
4. Brice

They'll let things play out on the field, and if Lawrence turns out to be the best if the others ahead of him struggle, then he'll play.

LOL Bentley over Lawrence

May 3, 2018, 1:57 PM

Which one do you think Muschamp would pick if he had the choice?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see from no. 17 that the article I read last year is true

May 3, 2018, 2:09 PM

http://college.usatoday.com/2017/07/26/youre-not-tripping-lsd-is-making-a-comeback/

Seems odd to put players who haven't played in there

May 3, 2018, 2:58 PM

Tua shouldn't be as high with as little experience as he has, either. Same goes for Haskins from Ohio State. Finley should be in the top 10, Fitzgerald should be higher, and so should Milton from UCF. I don't think Fromm is a top QB in the country yet, as he isn't the best in his own conference. Bentley is a top 25 QB, but he probably isn't a top 15 guy.

My top 4 would be:

1. Browning
2. Lock
3. Tate
4. Finley
5. McSorley

Some notable omissions are Daniel Jones, Deondre Francois, Eric Dungey, and Josh Jackson, all of which are better than a number of guys on this list.

Clemson won an ACC title with KB as qb - enough said***

May 3, 2018, 4:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a stretch there where his stats

May 3, 2018, 5:58 PM

werent that great. Then he had some good moments too. Some could say that QB wasnt a strength last year like it will be this year. KB had a pretty solid team around him.
I think all 4 of our QBs this year would lead us to the ACC title this year .

May 3, 2018, 8:12 PM

Bottom line is we had every piece in place last season to repeat as NC.
Except one very big one the QB position.
KB did a serviceable job by not turning it over much
But just doesn’t have the skills to carry a team , it will take this Vs Bama everytime.
Unless we have much better QB play this year Bama will win it again.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic