Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence's Heisman Trophy bid comes up short
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence's Heisman Trophy bid comes up short

Jan 5, 2021, 4:19 PM

Trevor Lawrence's Heisman Trophy bid comes up short

For the third time in six seasons, a Clemson quarterback was a Heisman Trophy finalist, and Tuesday yielded a similar result to the other two chances. Clemson q Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence's Heisman Trophy bid comes up short

Jan 5, 2021, 8:04 PM

The Mama guy had a great season and was humble--trevor missed 2 games, had a few weak spots in the lineup, and did not get a chance to run up stats

Jan 5, 2021, 11:06 PM

I would love to know what a Clemson player will have to do to win this worthless award. I always remind myself that Peyton Manning didn't win it either.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 3:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence's Heisman Trophy bid comes up short ]

The Heisman isn't suppose to have anything to do with stats after the game had been won. It was N E V E R meant to be a stat award. The Heisman is the player that done the most to help his team win games,and nothing was written about the player that has the highest stats, that is N O T a Heisman player!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 8:06 PM

No worries Trevor. Many millions$ in your future along with Clemson Ring of Honor!
Always in our hearts and memories!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 8:16 PM

The Heisman used to mean something back in the day, it went to a truly deserving player. Today, it is diminished to a popularity contest and whomever ESPN campaigns for. No disrespect to Smith, but come on. Trevor Lawrence is the best player in college football, hands down.

Jan 5, 2021, 8:16 PM

The Heisman used to mean something back in the day, it went to a truly deserving player. Today, it is diminished to a popularity contest and whomever ESPN campaigns for. No disrespect to Smith, but come on. Trevor Lawrence is the best player in college football, hands down.

Jan 5, 2021, 8:24 PM

That is a joke right? Look at all the receiving stats and you will see why you are wrong.

Can't help but wonder...

Jan 5, 2021, 8:17 PM

how much of a difference it would have made had TL not missed two games due to COVID.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

TL16 is a generational player

Jan 5, 2021, 8:18 PM

But DW4 willed a team to win like nobody I’ve seen before and like nobody I’ve seen since. Lots of talk on here about who’s better TL16 or DW4... they are both great but DW4 had something that nobody else has. Two great Tigers, DJ will be fantastic but the two guys before him were unbelievable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Dabo said, the Heisman has turned into a Stat Award,

Jan 5, 2021, 8:19 PM

and he didn't allow Trevor to stay in games in garbage time and accumulate the stats. That is our system, and we shouldn't complain when the result is expected not to go our way because of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The very nature of the award has changed over the years.

Jan 5, 2021, 8:23 PM

When Paul Horning won the Heisman in 1956, his team (Notre Dame) finished the season with a record of 2 - 8.

That would NEVER happen today.

The award now routinely goes the best player on the best team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 5, 2021, 8:22 PM

Great season by our QB1 Trevor and the other finalists. Hard to find any argument that Smith had an unbelievable year and deserved to win. Both will have a great NFL career and Trevor will be the 1st pick. I wish Houston could get Smith for Deshawn to throw to.

Jan 5, 2021, 8:28 PM

Sadly, Houston doesn't have a 1st round pick.

If DW4 didn’t win it with...

Jan 5, 2021, 8:32 PM

4,000+ yds passing and 1,000 yds rushing in a single season (1st player in FBS history to do it), I really didn’t expect TL to win it with this year’s performance.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another thing to blame on covid.***

Jan 5, 2021, 8:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 5, 2021, 11:22 PM

Your guy came in second after not playing in three games. He beat out another QB with a better team winning record and better statistics than Trevor in every category. The only reason that happens is if the voters thought TL was a better player overall. Him placing that high and those of you disparaging the award are effectively disparaging him.

Jan 5, 2021, 11:28 PM

No way man. I was out after Deshaun got ROBBED!!! Trevor I don’t feel was robbed, but I find the award has gotten trivial in terms of the other factors that don’t get taken more into consideration than just the in game stats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Trevor had played on an Alabama team that won the NC

Jan 6, 2021, 9:50 AM

in his freshman year and then went on to win the conference and play in 2 more playoff games he would have won at least 1 Heisman and most likely 2 or 3. It's simply because Trevor and Deshaun play in the ACC. The national media simply cannot get over that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Jan 6, 2021, 12:48 PM

Well Smith is a great athlete and deserving but he has not done for Al or the sport what Trevor has done. To me this just continues the diminishment of the value of this award that is clearly no longer about the best player but simply the one with the biggest numbers.
You give me one pick to build a team around and I'm taking TL16! Congrats Trevor, you are going as far as want.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 8:26 PM

You came you saw you conquered.

Nothing Good Lasts Forever.

Best Wishes to you and family.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic