Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence talks to decision to not opt out of season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence talks to decision to not opt out of season

Aug 7, 2020, 7:28 PM

Trevor Lawrence talks to decision to not opt out of season

Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence says he has made his decision and is committed to playing the 2020 college football season. A number of top NFL draft picks Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor seems to really be embracing the team leader role.

Aug 7, 2020, 7:54 PM

By showing his commitment to the team others will follow.

I know his performance against LSU has to stick in his craw (you could see his competitive passion in a night that wasn't going his way) so I imagine he is going to be on a mission this year. Light up that scoreboard Trevor!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor seems to really be embracing the team leader role.

Aug 7, 2020, 8:36 PM

I had a lawyer ‘friend’ tell me this week thatClemson players couldn’t opt out and turn pro because they would be taking a cut in pay. I told him I had heard that one before and he apologized . Tar Heel of course.

Aug 7, 2020, 9:49 PM

Should have told him to show some class. Then, apologize to him, because he may not know what 'class' is...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Trevor seems to really be embracing the team leader role. ]

Mature beyound his years. On and off the football field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence talks to decision to not opt out of season

Aug 7, 2020, 11:09 PM

TLaw is a total stud...he doesn’t fall for all the media driven BS!! He’s much smarter than that!!

Aug 8, 2020, 4:04 AM

Impressive young man and this article is encouraging and entertaining for those of us who miss sports and need to fill the void. Unfortunately, it’s impossible for me to understand how in the current environment academic institutions are going to be able to make a case for risking the health of student athletes in order to save their seasons and budgets. Much of the world outside of our bubble sees this as ridiculous. I think the ACC and NCAA already know the outcome.

Aug 8, 2020, 7:55 AM

I applaud his decision to play, but to me its a no brainer. I disagree with the assertion that there is considerably more risk to 18-20 year old athletes. Should steps be taken to protect higher risk fans and families of players? Sure, and I imagine they are taking those steps. Football is an inherently dangerous sport, and I would be willing to bet that the risk of serious physical injury is much higher than any risk imposed by this virus for their demographic (risk of hospitalization and death is virtually zero). Add in the fact that these players are arguably much safer under the watchful eye of the team doctors and regulated controls than they would be if they were all off for the season and on their own. Its not like they would be living in a perfectly safe bubble without outside contact if there were no season.

Aug 8, 2020, 8:05 AM

Thanks for the sanity!

Well said, totally agree!! Go Tigers!!***

Aug 8, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence talks to decision to not opt out of season ]

Aug 8, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence talks to decision to not opt out of season ]

Yes, spot on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic