Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence frontrunner, two other Tigers listed on 2019 Heisman odds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence frontrunner, two other Tigers listed on 2019 Heisman odds

Jan 16, 2019, 11:24 AM

Trevor Lawrence frontrunner, two other Tigers listed on 2019 Heisman odds

The College Football landscape has shifted dramatically after Clemson's 44-16 blowout win over Alabama for the national title. National media pundits not focusi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence frontrunner, two other Tigers listed on 2019 Heisman odds

Jan 16, 2019, 11:28 AM

Higgins but no ROSS?

Agree, kind of surprising after the Natty performance. After

Jan 16, 2019, 11:32 AM

all, it only took less than one good HALF in a Natty for Tua to jump to the top of the Heisman conversation the next year. I just want a Clemson player to win it, whoever it is, so that the Coots can finally shut up about ole Coke nose George Rogers winning it back the last time Jawja won a Natty. Yep, it was that long ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree, kind of surprising after the Natty performance. After

Jan 16, 2019, 11:42 AM

IMHO CW42 should have won it last year based on the original criteria for who is supposed to win it.

But it’s all about RB’s and QB’s.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence frontrunner, two other Tigers listed on 2019 Heisman odds

Jan 16, 2019, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence frontrunner, two other Tigers listed on 2019 Heisman odds ]

Travis' odds would improve greatly if he had more carries, but it's hard to argue with the success the running backs have had with the platoon system.

Jan 16, 2019, 11:41 AM

And suddenly the media wake up to our good players. I hope one of our guys wins it but voting is broken. I am tired of it, ESPN, and Nissan. Once they screwed Deshaun out of it I forgot them all. Will not watch or keep up with it aanymore

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 12:07 AM

+1 for speaking the truth. That’s a popularity award in my book now. Meaningless.

D.J. Moore?

Jan 16, 2019, 11:47 AM

Isn't he the WR for the Panthers who played at Maryland?

Re: D.J. Moore?

Jan 16, 2019, 2:07 PM

Yes. I would be willing to bet he won't win it this year (or ever). Probably meant Rondale Moore from Purdue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 11:48 AM

Etienne is 12:1, not 9:1.

Jan 16, 2019, 11:51 AM

Is there another Hurts or is that for Jalen Hurts at 9 to 1? Will he even be eligible to play if it is Jalen?

Jan 16, 2019, 11:52 AM

Yes he's a graduate transfer. Immediate eligibility.

Jan 16, 2019, 1:34 PM

No Justin Ross......what the crap is up with that........Roll Tigers!!!!!!

Jan 16, 2019, 1:52 PM

GO Tigers!!!!

No WR has won since 1991

Jan 16, 2019, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence frontrunner, two other Tigers listed on 2019 Heisman odds ]

Very few even get invited to NY.

Wow! Aren't we in a new time and place.....

Jan 16, 2019, 1:49 PM

... when fans are complaining that the right THREE Tigers aren't in the Heisman conversation...

I swear.. some of you couldn't be happy if Jesus himself came back today for the sole purpose of personally handing the trophy to one of our players. You'd argue it should have been coach Heisman himself ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Jan 16, 2019, 2:03 PM

Honestly, I would put Higgins and Ross in there with the same odds. Only problem is it will be difficult over the course of the year for them to have the "Heisman stats" lining up with the other across the field. Definitely split stats, not a problem if we like winning football games, tough to het a Heisman though. TL16 is a no-brainer to me. Etienne up there makes me extremely happy as well. Our Tigers are finally starting to get RESPECT

Jan 16, 2019, 2:58 PM

All great players with NFL futures for years. For bettors, for reasons cited, TL16 and Tuq should be prohibitive favorites. It’s an honor for ETN to be mentioned, but RBs rarely win Heismans especially with new PU rules. And WRs never win Heismans - and with two great WRs and many good ones, again Clemson WRs should feel honored to be mentioned.

But hey, all-American should be the goal. Go Tigers! All of them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 12:42 AM

IMO SocMan, there is no honor in favoritism, and that is what the Heisman award has come to, appointed to the most liked player, or a player that had a great start of the season playing against inferior opponents and padded stats. I don't believe that the Heisman is any longer a winnable award for the very best all around college FB player in the country through out the season of college FB. To believe anything different would mean that you believe that Lamar Jackson was a better QB than DeShaun Watson, AKA DW4. The voter's couldn't have made it any clearer that the Heisman wasn't about the best player in college FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 7:29 PM

9 to 1 for J. Hurts makes more sense now that he’s headed to O.U. I was legitimately irritated at first read.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 7:29 PM

9 to 1 for J. Hurts makes more sense now that he’s headed to O.U. I was legitimately irritated at first read.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 12:17 AM

IMO, I believe that the Heisman has become a meaningless award. By saying and absolutely believing how worthless the Heisman really is, I just hope Trevor never gives the Heisman a thought before during or after a single game that he starts for us next season. There has been many players before Trevor that has allowed thoughts of winning the Heisman to cause them to have a terrible season bc of trying to hard to obtain the stats needed to win the award. I pray that he has seen the many players before him that was clearly the best all around player in college FB to be looked over bc of the favoritism aimed to a big time school like a Bama, OSU, or a Michigan that has the most liked coach of that season, and the Heisman was awarded to that school/coach, QB or RB that was clearly not the best player in the country!!! The Heisman Trophy is an appointed by favoritism award that can no longer be won by being the best player on the field through out college FB!!! So I just hope that Trevor doesn't allow media pressure cause him to give the Heisman a second of wasted thought!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hurts? That's a stretch

Jan 17, 2019, 1:32 AM

Justyn Ross should definitely be in the conversation.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I don't think

Jan 17, 2019, 8:45 AM

TL would play for the Heisman first and the team second. TL wants to win games, continue to improve and play up to his ability; that should easily keep him in the Heisman race.

The only thing that influenced the way Trevor played this...

Jan 17, 2019, 8:50 AM

year was the constant warnings about getting hurt which came from our coaches and his teammates. They didn't turn the boy loose to run nearly enough to maximize scoring but it was plenty enough to absorb 10 mins off the clock late in the NC game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic