Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence earns weekly national MVP honor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence earns weekly national MVP honor

Sep 14, 2020, 10:28 AM

Trevor Lawrence earns weekly national MVP honor

Trevor Lawrence posted quite the debut in No. 1 Clemson's 37-13 opener win at Wake Forest on Saturday -- and he's garnered some national recognition for it. Pro Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence earns weekly national MVP honor

Sep 14, 2020, 10:34 AM

If he doesn't win the Heisman I give up.

The only really bad decision TL made Saturday...

Sep 14, 2020, 10:40 AM

was taking the sack instead of throwing the ball away on the first series.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The only really bad decision TL made Saturday...

Sep 14, 2020, 10:43 AM

IMHO, Ladson broke off the route early and Trevor fired a bullet where Frank should have been.

I agree, the sack was ugleeeeeee, trow da dadgum ball, son!

Sep 14, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to The only really bad decision TL made Saturday... ]

Last year, we were complaining because he threw interceptions. Now we're complaining because he held the ball. Sheesh!!! Sure, the play looked ugly, but remember that Boogie Basham was in his face, and Trevor had enough sense to hold the ball and not throw an interception. Give the young man credit for having more experience this year.

Truth is he should have thrown it away...

Sep 14, 2020, 11:28 AM

WRs were covered. He held on too long. But don't believe me, Coach Dabo said the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't really a complaint...

Sep 14, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The only really bad decision TL made Saturday... ]

It was more of an observation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 14, 2020, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: The only really bad decision TL made Saturday... ]

You don’t seem to understand the big picture. Trevor had all day to throw it away on that play, which you want him to do because players get career ending injuries even on non-contact drills. The last thing you want is your star quarterback getting hit hard and going down awkwardly simply because he was stubborn and held onto the ball way too long! It’s not a complaint per se. It’s an observation. It’s a critique. Dabo mentioned it in the press conference and I guarantee you Dabo and Streeter had a conversation with him about it!

Very well deserved!

Sep 14, 2020, 11:29 AM

Congrats!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very well deserved!

Sep 14, 2020, 11:57 AM

I can see where taking a sack may be the best option. If the defenders trying to sack you could possibly knock the ball out of your hands if you tried to raise it to throw and so on, a sack ain't such a bad way out. Of course it all depends on how fast and close things are. Trevor could feel it better than I could for dang sure.

Re: Very well deserved!

Sep 14, 2020, 10:32 PM

Dude what game are you watching? Go back and watch the replay. Trevor had all day to throw that ball away. That sack was almost a 15 yard loss. And he was well outside the pocket. During the play I actually screamed at the TV throw it away at least two or three times! This was not a situation where the pocket quickly collapsed and he had nowhere to go. He had forever to get rid of that ball.

Sep 14, 2020, 12:33 PM

Finally we should get a heisman winner! Watson should have got it, but this should definitely be the year we bring it home. The

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 12:40 PM

Agreed!

Sep 14, 2020, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence earns weekly national MVP honor ]

Unless they start awarding the Heisman after the playoffs Clemson will never get a Heisman winner with Dabo as head coach! I’m not complaining. I’m just making an observation. Our philosophy is to play as many players as possible and given how weak the ACC is our best players rarely play into the fourth quarter. We have two Heisman winners on our team but both are usually on the bench before the end of the third-quarter and ETN actually averages less than 15 carries per game. Unlike other teams we substitute so many players even in the first quarter that our offense unless it’s a big game is rarely going to put up huge numbers for our star players on a consistent basis. But that is part of our success and it is a team sport.

Sep 14, 2020, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence earns weekly national MVP honor ]

Unless they start awarding the Heisman after the playoffs Clemson will never get a Heisman winner with Dabo as head coach! I’m not complaining. I’m just making an observation. Our philosophy is to play as many players as possible and given how weak the ACC is our best players rarely play into the fourth quarter. We have two Heisman winners on our team but both are usually on the bench before the end of the third-quarter and ETN actually averages less than 15 carries per game. Unlike other teams we substitute so many players even in the first quarter that our offense unless it’s a big game is rarely going to put up huge numbers for our star players on a consistent basis. But that is part of our success and it is a team sport.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:34 PM

Trevor is the best QB in the nation. Yeah, I'm a Tiger but if you look at his game management, near flawless throws, and sheer athletic ability and size, there are no peers. His Heisman potential unfortunately is not determined by these kind of measures. We live in a world where the media, in this case national sports media, have too much biased influence. He may in fact overcome those shortcomings because of this superior abilities to be the first Tiger to win the Heisman; I really hope so. It has been a long time coming. What a prodigy.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 1:38 PM

Trevor is the best QB in the nation. Yeah, I'm a Tiger but if you look at his game management, near flawless throws, and sheer athletic ability and size, there are no peers. His Heisman potential unfortunately is not determined by these kind of measures. We live in a world where the media, in this case national sports media, have too much biased influence. He may in fact overcome those shortcomings because of this superior abilities to be the first Tiger to win the Heisman; I really hope so. It has been a long time coming. What a prodigy.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 7:44 AM

Only good thing that came out from trevor being the leader for fighting social injustice is that the media now loves him. This should help him get the heisman votes from the media. They focus a lot on him and rencher through out the game.

Sep 15, 2020, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence earns weekly national MVP honor ]

Only good thing that came out from trevor being the leader for fighting social injustice is that the media now loves him. This should help him get the heisman votes from the media. They focus a lot on him and rencher through out the game.

Sep 15, 2020, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence earns weekly national MVP honor ]

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic