Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Syracuse schedules Clemson for their homecoming game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

TNET: Syracuse schedules Clemson for their homecoming game

Jan 30, 2019, 2:31 PM

Syracuse schedules Clemson for their homecoming game

The football homecoming game is supposed to be a relaxing time as friends and family watch the home team beat up on an undermanned cupcake. Syracuse is doing th Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See, somebody has a pair.***

Jan 30, 2019, 2:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree!

Jan 30, 2019, 2:50 PM

Good on Dino Babers and Syracuse. He's building a good program there and embracing the big games. They've got to play us anyway, so why not double down and make it homecoming to draw a huge crowd. To be the man, you've gotta beat the man.

That said, Tigers by 30.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree!

Jan 30, 2019, 2:54 PM

I respect that. In order to be the best you have to beat the best. He is trying to instill a mindset in his program that if you come to Syracuse there is no need to be afraid of Clemson. You will play them every year so get used to it. I like that. Doesn't mean they are not going to lose but I admire their courage.

Jan 30, 2019, 3:16 PM

Its not so much courage as it is a thug mentality. Yes, Syracuse wants to be competitive and take out #1, but not the same way Clemson wanted to be #1, and not the same way Pitt plays hard to win upsets.

There is a reason our Quarterbacks get injured in almost every single game against Syracuse, its not an accident. They look for opportunities to hurt our guys, and capitalize if they can.

Jan 30, 2019, 4:06 PM

Its not so much courage as it is a thug mentality. Yes, Syracuse wants to be competitive and take out #1, but not the same way Clemson wanted to be #1, and not the same way Pitt plays hard to win upsets.

There is a reason our Quarterbacks get injured in almost every single game against Syracuse, its not an accident. They look for opportunities to hurt our guys, and capitalize if they can.

To be fair...KB2 was already hurt going into that game...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2019, 4:35 PM

Yup. And they knew it and targeted his leg. Watch the footage when he goes out, they were intentionally hitting and twisting his injured leg to take him out.

Jan 30, 2019, 10:04 PM

Let it go man. Hate will turn you to the Dark side.

Jan 31, 2019, 3:25 AM

No hate about it just the plain truth

Jan 31, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree! ]

I know what I saw and heard on that sideline and I will not extend any ounce of respect to Syracuse until I see evidence they have changed their antics.

Re: See, somebody has a pair.***

Jan 30, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to See, somebody has a pair.*** ]

Dang Miami, Syracuse just stole all yalls swagger

Jan 30, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to See, somebody has a pair.*** ]

Huge pair!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2019, 4:30 PM [ in reply to See, somebody has a pair.*** ]

The only pair they are going to see is a 44 or a 55 on the Visitor side of the Scoreboard. I'm undecided which one now but will narrow it down by game time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope it's a 77

Jan 30, 2019, 7:41 PM

They need to be taught a lesson in humility

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I’m calling it now Gameday will be there!!

Jan 30, 2019, 2:41 PM

This could be a top 15 match up

Gameday won't come to Clemson though. We made too much

Jan 30, 2019, 3:27 PM

fun of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gameday won't come to Clemson though. We made too much

Jan 30, 2019, 5:56 PM

What are you talkin about? Their lead commentator just sent his sons to school here. They’ll be here for TAMU.

I predict this will end up in some

Feb 1, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to I’m calling it now Gameday will be there!! ]

ghey Syracuse article.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Well - there are dreamers and then there are

Jan 30, 2019, 2:45 PM

DREAMERS!!! Must have forgotten that TL will be back and stay healthy for the entire game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well - there are dreamers and then there are

Jan 30, 2019, 2:55 PM

Seems to me that it might be better do the homecoming for a cupcake, since the homecoming games usually drawer larger crowds, with family, friends and alumnae making it to the game. The Clemson game will be a sellout, no matter when they schedule it. Just a thought.

Thats probably the only way for Cuse to sell out Homecoming***

Jan 30, 2019, 2:55 PM

Re: Thats probably the only way for Cuse to sell out Homecoming***

Jan 30, 2019, 2:59 PM

Maybe. But the Holy Cross game will now be a definite smaller crowd.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Jan 30, 2019, 2:57 PM

I get it, I really do, but Dino done fell and bumped his head... HARD!!!

If he is hoping that some kind of reverse psychology is going to work in his favor, then he must have totally missed our end of the year slogan, "Leave No Doubt"... that homecoming designation has rung the dinner bell but he doesn't realize that orange is what's for dinner...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Syracuse schedules Clemson for their homecoming game

Jan 30, 2019, 2:57 PM

Man, UCONN is going to be disappointed... and broke. Well, still broke.

Jan 30, 2019, 3:03 PM

Really odd to see a game in September chose for a homecoming...but makes sense on the motivation aspect. Looks like Dino's taking making this a Atlantic rivalry serious.

Jan 30, 2019, 3:08 PM

Agreed...definitely used to seeing Homecoming as the last or one of the last home games of the season. I respect the choice, but it is weird.

Jan 31, 2019, 4:15 PM

Homecoming tends to be earlier up here. It gets too cold to do it in November most years.

Jan 30, 2019, 3:16 PM

We need to be smart and be careful up there. Remember, they're 3 for 3 with knocking our QB out of the game, the last 3 years (DW 16 / KB 17 / TL 18). They won't have that dungey kid, so will be looking for any way to even the matchup for sure..

LEAVE NO DOUBT

Jan 30, 2019, 3:18 PM

NM

Jan 30, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Syracuse schedules Clemson for their homecoming game ]

When I was in Tiger Band, we would stand on the sidelines before halftime to prep for our show.

Standing on the Syracuse sideline each year we played them, I literally heard their coaches instruct their players to capitalize on opportunities to injure our star players, also heard coaches instruct Syracuse defensive backs to fake injuries to slow our offense.

Cuse is a dirty team. I hope this proves to be a mistake on their part and we burn the Dome to the ground as a homecoming present.

Feb 1, 2019, 9:53 PM

When I was in Tiger Band, we would stand on the sidelines before halftime to prep for our show.

Standing on the Syracuse sideline each year we played them, I literally heard their coaches instruct their players to capitalize on opportunities to injure our star players, also heard coaches instruct Syracuse defensive backs to fake injuries to slow our offense.

Cuse is a dirty team. I hope this proves to be a mistake on their part and we burn the Dome to the ground as a homecoming present.

Yeah I'm going to call BS on this. I've been on the Field during a game in the Dome and they do not allow you to get close to the coaches and the acoustics down there make it hard to hear anything.

We are also NC State's Homecoming game

Jan 30, 2019, 3:23 PM

One of my woolfie buddies at work told me we are the wolfie hc game also...that has always worked out well for them said no wolfie ever...

Re: We are also NC State's Homecoming game

Jan 30, 2019, 3:42 PM

Tiki HUt grils could come as special guests if the stadium can accommodate their walkers. Pic is pretty old now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really do understand the motivation to Schedule

Jan 31, 2019, 2:03 PM [ in reply to We are also NC State's Homecoming game ]

the #1 team in the country for homecoming because it will help to sell tickets to the game and homecoming events, but realistically, especially after the 2018 beatdown, they should have designated better to save face...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They think because they lucked up and beat us once..........

Jan 30, 2019, 3:24 PM

that they're on par with us. I hope we CRUSH them.

Good for them! Ought to be a sellout and a heck of a

Jan 30, 2019, 3:24 PM

raucous crowd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The oughta call it their "Goin' Home" game.***

Jan 30, 2019, 3:27 PM

Re: The oughta call it their "Goin' Home" game.***

Jan 30, 2019, 3:34 PM

We need that on shirts for the game!

Jan 30, 2019, 3:33 PM

When the schedule was released, I circled Syracuse as our " NO DOUBT" game this season. We are going to mess up their homecoming...

Jan 30, 2019, 3:57 PM

Yea I think it's going to be like NC State 2018.

They came close to beating us in 2016, we beat them in 2017 but barely and then we smoked them in 2018. (NC State)

Syracuse has been smoked by us more so than close games, 2013, 2016 were not even close... 2015 shouldn't have been even close.

Jan 30, 2019, 4:26 PM

That is what I am thinking too!

Jan 30, 2019, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Syracuse schedules Clemson for their homecoming game ]

It's going to be like what FSU did to Clemson in 2013. Or, better yet, what Clemson did to FSU this past year. :)

slightly off topic but what a HUGE play 4th and 6...

Jan 30, 2019, 3:41 PM

If Chase/Tee don't make that throw/catch...
-We probably end up losing the tie-breaker in the Atlantic to Syracuse
-Don't even get to play for the ACC title, let alone win it
-Probably don't make the playoffs at 11-1
-No National Championship
-No winning-est senior class ever

Jan 30, 2019, 3:53 PM

That may not have been a good choice for a home coming game but, Cuse folks are full of themselves and this helps even more to prove it!!! I hope that they enjoy their home coming loss, Cuse 17 and Good Guys 42!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's turn the Carrier dome into a grease spot this year

Jan 30, 2019, 3:56 PM

Leave no doubt

I think their entire Athletic Dept

Jan 30, 2019, 4:19 PM

Needs to be placed in concussion protocol.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2019, 4:29 PM

Mark the tape Romona....
No problem !!!!!!!
Tigers will win by 3 touchdowns +

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Jan 30, 2019, 5:11 PM

Here are some thing to consider;
1. Most of our opponents will try and give us their best shot (we have seen this before).
2. Bama will be on a "No Mercy" tour this season.
3. Clemson should continue our "No Mercy" tour that started in the last few minutes of the Cuse game and finished with Bama. We owe Cuse a good curb stomping.

Jan 30, 2019, 5:29 PM

Dominant the Moment!

Third time is the Charm. We will win easily. Especially now

Jan 30, 2019, 6:03 PM

that the pesky Eric Dungy has finally moved on. He was a Phillip Rivers type pain in our buttocks.

Re: Third time is the Charm. We will win easily. Especially now

Jan 30, 2019, 6:35 PM

I like Syracuse and think Babers is doing a fine job. I've enjoyed them since they came for our homecoming a few years back. It was a pretty tight game, and their fans were great.

They've been a great addition to our division, all in all.

They are at least a team on the rise. If only Miami and VT

Jan 31, 2019, 12:24 PM

would get off their collective ar$es and get back to their historical levels of success, the ACC would not be perceived as such a weak conference outside of us. Last year, the Coastal Division was even lesser than the SEC LEast.

Jan 30, 2019, 7:32 PM

It’s wau way way way way way too early to have bulletin board material but N.C. State got a little big for their britches. Talking about close games and finishing things off. I think Syracuse is doing the same thing. They absolutely played a perfect game up on the carrier done against a starting QB playing at about 60% and when he went down the team just seemed to go down with him. The tigers missed two field goals and put the wrong back up and lost. Last year the score wasn’t indicative of how Clemson overpowered them. 94 yards when everyone in the stadium knew they’d have to run to score and the tigers jammed it down their throats and the Cuse had no answer. Now they’re losing their senior QB and Dino is about to get slapped back to reality. Syracuse is a great basketball school. Stick to what you do best.

It’s wau way way way way way too early to have bulletin board material but N.C. State got a little big for their britches. Talking about close games and finishing things off. I think Syracuse is doing the same thing. They absolutely played a perfect game up on the carrier done against a starting QB playing at about 60% and when he went down the team just seemed to go down with him. The tigers missed two field goals and put the wrong back up and lost. Last year the score wasn’t indicative of how Clemson overpowered them. 94 yards when everyone in the stadium knew they’d have to run to score and the tigers jammed it down their throats and the Cuse had no answer. Now they’re losing their senior QB and Dino is about to get slapped back to reality. Syracuse is a great basketball school. Stick to what you do best.

Syracuse is Delusional - I Mildly Respect The Move

Jan 30, 2019, 8:59 PM

It definitely takes a pair to pull the trigger on a Clemson homecoming game, but the Syracuse fan base is delusional. A large percentage of their fanbase thinks Cuse is close to beating the end of season Clemson juggernaut. As if our team didn't drastically improve after we played them in wk5 last season, not to mention the impact of the KB drama prior to that game. Check out their fanbase react to the Natty, with several mentions to getting us at home next year: https://syracusefan.com/threads/clemson-vs-alabama.138919/

Re: Syracuse is Delusional - I Mildly Respect The Move

Jan 30, 2019, 11:45 PM

That thread was really fun to read. Now I must find the one on the USuC board.

Re: Syracuse is Delusional - I Mildly Respect The Move

Jan 31, 2019, 9:24 AM

Tigersense posted these a while back. Some hilarious reads in here: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/A-couple-in-game-threads-for-your-enjoyment-1879855.

Unsurprisingly there are quite a few crazies out there living in their own reality/nonsense! Most all the other fanbases don't reference the fact that our most potent run stopper wasn't in that game (and the fact we only had 6 in the box for a large portion of the game, after Jeudy's TD). Similarly, most only focus on the opportunities that Alabama "missed", and how they shot themselves in the foot (as if we didn't stop them in the RZ, and cause the turnovers). In many of the threads there is always at least one commenter who chimes in late (after we're up by >21) to give Clemson credit. Funny how most cling to their narrative even after it's obliterated.

They just want a full house on Homecoming. Has nothing to

Jan 30, 2019, 9:35 PM

do with guts.

They're not going to win anyway....why not lose in front of a huge crowd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really Dino?

Jan 31, 2019, 1:12 PM

Do not circle this date. It will not end well for 'Cuse.

Syracuse is slowly gaining my respect.

Jan 31, 2019, 2:22 PM

They went from getting hammered by us 54-0 in 2016 to pulling the upset in 2017. Even though the way our boys played after halftime in DV proved they weren't gonna be denied, the Orange definitely proved in DV this past season that 2017 isn't a fluke. I think Babers is building a solid program that's gonna be our biggest contender for foreseeable future in the division. & to schedule us for homecoming, its bold & if you look @ it, its smart for them. They're ensuring what should be a large/sellout crowd, & if both teams are ranked and given the last 2 seasons, it could be a College Gameday stop, which means lots of eyeballs on them & possibly a feature slot for the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 4:22 PM

Gotta love it...go Dino!

I think Miami did the same and it was Golden's last game?

Feb 1, 2019, 8:52 AM

Their coach has GUTS***

Feb 1, 2019, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, Syracuse is a full member of the ACC?

Feb 1, 2019, 8:04 PM

I did not know that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic