Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swofford "disappointed" ACC-SEC rivalry games won't happen in 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Swofford "disappointed" ACC-SEC rivalry games won't happen in 2020

Jul 31, 2020, 10:11 AM

Swofford "disappointed" ACC-SEC rivalry games won't happen in 2020

ACC commissioner John Swofford made his first public comments Friday since the SEC’s call to go conference-only on its 2020 schedule. The move canceled the long Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where's the NCAA and their "fair rules" dept

Jul 31, 2020, 10:23 AM

UNC gets to play their rival, Alabama gets to play theirs. That's all that's important right?

Re: TNET: Swofford "disappointed" ACC-SEC rivalry games won't happen in 2020

Jul 31, 2020, 10:34 AM

"Disappointed" doesn't even begin to describe how 90% of us feel about Swofford.

Jul 31, 2020, 10:54 AM

Yeah, in our case, the South remembers.

We remember that when Swofford, the AD of the corrupt athletic department at UNC-Chapel Hill, led the charge to get us punished more severely in the 80s and 90s during our tryst with the NCAA compliance department. He wanted the ACC to either expel us, or have the conference lobby the NCAA to give our football program the death penalty. He had Duke and NC State on his side, and it was only when the Wake Forest AD/admin walked out of the meeting that the idea was shot down.

Meanwhile, Swofford did this all the while his school had created an entire department with "paper classes" to keep athletes eligible. He is the biggest hypocrite in ACC sports, and he flew cover for his former employer. By all accounts, their argument that the classes were available to all students was malarkey. My good friend, a 2016 graduate of UNC, took one of those courses, Portuguese. He somehow lucked into that section (a really obscure/random summer course and section), and he was the only non-athlete in the course. It was well-known as confirmed by Rashad McCants and Julius Peppers, that academic staff steered athletes into these sections knowing full well the classes were not up to par to normal standards at UNC. On top of that, athletes make up less than 20% of the total student body at Carolina, but the Wainstein report stated that athletes made up to 40 to 50% of the total in these courses.

So Swofford can pee up a flagpole. He's openly biased to the Tobacco Road schools, despises football in favor of basketball, and was head of the UNC athletic department when the fake class system was conjured up.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 11:19 AM

I admit the AFAM studies program was a disgrace. But to say the department was created to keep athletes eligible is not accurate. The real reason it was created disgusts we even more honestly.

HaHaHa....Swoffie cares about Clemson? That's Crap...****

Jul 31, 2020, 11:23 AM

Jul 31, 2020, 11:32 AM

But, he was overjoyed that UNC got an easy road to the ACC Football Championship Game.

"It was just amazing how all of the ACC football schedulers all agreed to overwhelmingly give UNC the opponents they received despite all having their Zoom audio muted. It must have been a glitch in their internet connections. A few also lost their video during the voting process as well."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 31, 2020, 11:39 AM

Easy road??

Jul 31, 2020, 6:30 PM

Due to the coin shortage, we will no longer accept your two cents!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic