Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney refutes SEC commish alleging ACC protected Clemson, Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney refutes SEC commish alleging ACC protected Clemson, Notre Dame

Dec 13, 2020, 9:20 PM

Swinney refutes SEC commish alleging ACC protected Clemson, Notre Dame

No. 2 Notre Dame and No. 3 Clemson will play for an ACC title Saturday in Charlotte and there's a decent chance both could end up in the College Football Playof Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney refutes SEC commish alleging ACC protected Clemson, Notre Dame

Dec 13, 2020, 9:36 PM

Quality opponents like Vandy, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, Mizzu, Uofsc, Ole miss, Miss st, LSU, only quality opponents are Alabama, Fla sort of, Texas A&M which loss by 21 to Bama and UGA when healthy. That is it and BAMA can and will crush all those opponents cause none of them have a quality head coach. GO TIGERS

Not sure why this is not referenced in the article...

Dec 13, 2020, 9:45 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29566090/sec-play-10-game-conference-only-football-schedule

"People have been clamoring for us to increase the number of conference games, so I thought perhaps there would be great celebration at that reality, right? But it is a recognition that we are in a very different environment and the importance of the Southeastern Conference championship was primary for us," Sankey said on The Paul Finebaum Show. "We have great respect for the rivalries that exist across the conference but we don't know what the fall is going to look like and having the ability to manage our own schedule we believe gives us the best opportunity to play for that championship, to have our division winners, which is our tradition, and then to have a conference champ game a few weeks later than originally planned."

We don't need to justify anything. We are the ACC and notre dame (for one season).

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney refutes SEC commish alleging ACC protected Clemson, Notre Dame

Dec 13, 2020, 11:57 PM

Well......I appreciate the genius SEC Commish reminding me that when Bama beats Arkansas 52-3, it’s a quality game......otherwise I would have never known.

Follow up question - Why do so many quality SEC teams keep firing their quality SEC coaches?

And Dabo should have added, "We would have gladly played Usuc

Dec 14, 2020, 4:41 AM

but Skanky wouldn't allow that!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 8:44 AM

Any word from Skanky about OSU’s abbreviated schedule or is it only the ACC that scares him?

Re: TNET: Swinney refutes SEC commish

Dec 14, 2020, 9:25 AM

Guess SEC commissioner was doing damage control because the mighty SEC has only ONE team in playoffs while ACC likely has TWO. Dabo should have mentioned the SEC "protected itself by weaseling out of two ACC rivalry games." Not Dabo's style, but it is a fair observation. SEC has a lot in common with Fla. State. Was THAT what the SEC Comish was DANCING AROUND???

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic