Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dino Babers, Game of Thrones, Mike Tyson, the 1972 Dolphins and Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Dino Babers, Game of Thrones, Mike Tyson, the 1972 Dolphins and Trevor Lawrence

Sep 10, 2019, 7:57 AM

Dino Babers, Game of Thrones, Mike Tyson, the 1972 Dolphins and Trevor Lawrence

The undefeated Miami Dolphins of 1972. Mike Tyson. Game of Thrones. Syracuse head coach Dino Babers was effusive in his praise of No. 1 Clemson during his Monday press conference. The Orange host the Tigers Saturday at 7:30 in a game televised by ABC, and Babers was asked about his view on Clemson’s 15-0 run a season ago. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo Likes....

Sep 10, 2019, 8:09 AM

Dino. There's no way he'll put 63 on them unless they can't stop the 4th string players in the game.

Gotta admit that Dino has been able to make chicken salad outta chicken poop. Just wish they'd have been ranked when we play them on Sat.

My prediction...Clemson 48--Orangies--10

Dino is one of my favorite college coaches.

Sep 10, 2019, 8:10 AM

HIGHLY underrated, and he could probably be top 10 or better in a better program. He and Addazio are my two favorite college football coaches behind Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dino is one of my favorite college coaches.

Sep 10, 2019, 9:08 AM

I agree....I was thinking the very same thing just before reading your post.
Go Tigers ??????

Re: TNET: Dino Babers,

Sep 10, 2019, 8:10 AM

I am really hoping we can click early and take the steam out of them and the crowd. I am still trying to figure out who they are after the Md game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 8:32 AM

Not a fan, watch this week for thuggery, cheap hits, their players trying to intimidate by "standing over tackles" etc...evident from last couple years it comes from the top. I have watched Syracuse try to make their statements and it's similar to his Douglas Tyson reference... While a win is a win...I would like to see 50-17 to continue to establish where we are and where Syracuse is.

Sep 10, 2019, 9:09 AM

well said, their program is trash.

Sep 10, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dino Babers, ]

I personally don't care for the team or their coaches, and it's bc I believe their dirty, and that it's coached in them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Dino Babers

Sep 10, 2019, 8:31 AM

However, I don’t think his ‘rat poison’ is going to help him with our Tigers this year.

I too, think 48-10 is probably a good number - if the offense finds its rhythm. I also look for Chase Brice to get another TD (maybe 2?) against them, as well.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dino saw what happened when TAMU morans

Sep 10, 2019, 8:37 AM

guaranteed an upset...took complete polar opposite approach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: TNET: Dino Babers, Game of Thrones, Mike Tyson, the 1972 Dolphins and Trevor Lawrence

Sep 10, 2019, 8:42 AM

Does Babers have an Arya who can kill the enemy army?

Re: TNET: Dino Babers, Game of Thrones, Mike Tyson, the 1972 Dolphins and Trevor Lawrence

Sep 10, 2019, 9:00 AM

Dino even after this loss coming up Saturday better regroup if they want to have a decent year. Wake, BC, and maybe NC State appear to be better them in the Atlantic. If they wind up with a losing record. Might be just a one good year wonder there.

Tyson used elbows

Sep 10, 2019, 9:07 AM

Ask Dino if they plan to intentionally injure our star players again. I hope our coaches prepare our young players on this and we can rise above their unsportsmanlike conduct. Go Tigers. (At least it's not on Friday the 13th again with a full moon)

Re: Tyson used elbows

Sep 10, 2019, 10:26 AM

Geeze guys, you act like they planned to take out Trevor last year. Well, yeah... Don't we and other teams basically try to hit the quarterback (or anyone else) as hard as we can!? Im sorry, but i think most would agree it was Trevor's fault for not simply stepping out of bounds (which he unknowingly did). The Syracuse guy just flat out tackled Trevor hard.

Is what Wilkins did last year to BC's quarterback any different? I personally don't think so. He just did what he was supposed to do and tackled hard. Just play football! If it's illegal, then you can complain. Heck, last year, the refs should of blown the wistle for stepping out of bounds!

Sep 10, 2019, 11:32 AM

DEtiger04 said:

Geeze guys, you act like they planned to take out Trevor last year. Well, yeah... Don't we and other teams basically try to hit the quarterback (or anyone else) as hard as we can!? Im sorry, but i think most would agree it was Trevor's fault for not simply stepping out of bounds (which he unknowingly did). The Syracuse guy just flat out tackled Trevor hard.

Is what Wilkins did last year to BC's quarterback any different? I personally don't think so. He just did what he was supposed to do and tackled hard. Just play football! If it's illegal, then you can complain. Heck, last year, the refs should of blown the wistle for stepping out of bounds!

I certainly don’t mind any team tackling hard. But I disagree with you DEtiger04, bc what I saw last year watching the game and seeing that tackle on Trevor in replays since, as TL stumbled and fell forward, the tackler threw his forearm into #16’s Head/helmet. Players couldn’t do that when I played and, with the focus on blows to the head/helmet area today, there should have been a penalty AND an ejection on that tackle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 12:43 PM

How about what happened to KB2? Which is actually the hit I was referring to, being slammed on your helmet is hardly legal.

Sep 10, 2019, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyson used elbows ]

Oh yes how absurd They tried to hurt Watson and knocked kB out of the game and then Trevor the next year. Yeah! Why would we think it was on purpose? Does your trailer have cable?
GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 10, 2019, 10:21 AM

Um, no, Dino, USuck may have had a few lucky years but their football program has never been better than Clemson's. Dabo should run the score up for that comment alone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Saw that too...

Sep 10, 2019, 12:26 PM

Hell no.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He lost me with that UofSC comment

Sep 10, 2019, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dino Babers, Game of Thrones, Mike Tyson, the 1972 Dolphins and Trevor Lawrence ]

Apparently, Dino has no clue about the overall record.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 10, 2019, 11:49 AM

As a couple others alluded to, Dino is a master at distributing Rat Poison. He is much classier than the guy before him, but I have noticed that he piles it on every year before our game. Then, his team "generally" has a tendency to play somewhat dirty and maybe not so coincidentally, our QB gets knocked out each time we play them. I know Dabo will have them ready and have their blinders/ear plugs on to his attempts to make us stumble over our own ego.

Get out of her with that Rat Poison! ?? ??***

Sep 10, 2019, 12:40 PM

Babers is an okay Dude but...

Aug 9, 2012, 7:02 AM

...South Carolina was never "Better than Clemson" Even when they were winning against us (the height of their program for all time) we were doing better than them overall.

BTW Syracuse identifies more with SCaR than they do Clemson. Just saying

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 10, 2019, 3:12 PM

Ummmmm... Did he just say that USuC was better?
Yeah, I dont give a flying rip who he is. If the president said the coots were better id have to vigorously (violently) disagree.
Usuc? Was better? Bless his little heart...... I just hope that there isnt a wild run away bobsled that comes hurtling out of the darkness straight for his..... Oops. I did it again. Bless his little heart....

Dino's stategy

Sep 10, 2019, 4:34 PM

take out the QB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 6:01 PM

He is mistaken, for maybe 5 years people talked about Carolina, but before that it was all Clemson, it has always been Clemson.
GO TIGERS!!!

Only thing I learned from this is that

Sep 10, 2019, 10:16 PM

Dino has never watched Game of Thrones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 9:15 AM

Probably a good thing for this young team that we lost last time at Syracuse. They play tough, their quarterback is as talented as Dungey was for them the last two years. They play very physical and are on the edge to the dirty side arguably, but coaches will have them prepared. Believe we will see Trevor slide, and get out of bounds come Saturday night. Hoping we take them by at least 4 touchdowns. Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic