Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach

Dec 5, 2020, 11:32 PM

Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach

South Carolina is expected to name Oklahoma assistant Shane Beamer as their new football head coach according to multiple reports. No official announcement from Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach

Dec 5, 2020, 11:34 PM

Fire up the BOOM bus Beamer!! Get ready for years of mediocrity and getting demolished by Clemson!!

The Beamer Mobile LOL***

Dec 6, 2020, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

The end of a promising career at the graveyard of head coaches. It is a tough sell to get anyone to be the coot’s coach.
Instead of targeting a retired coach, the go for a young man willing to finish his coaching career this time!
Now recruiting against UNC, GA, Clemson and Coastal.
They will focus on Special Ed admissions prospects.

Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people?

Dec 5, 2020, 11:35 PM

Shame Bummer?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people?

Dec 5, 2020, 11:39 PM

Shame Weiner

??????***

Dec 5, 2020, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people? ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dreamer...Screamer...Reamer...Creamer...

Dec 5, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people? ]

so much potential there...

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Dec 6, 2020, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people? ]

I like Bummer.
Maybe:
“Change Bummer”

Dec 6, 2020, 6:42 AM [ in reply to Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people? ]

Stain Cleaner

Bummer works***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people? ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Why wouldn't it be "Steamer"...?

Dec 6, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people? ]

I mean, come on now???

The visual is perfect, and it fits with the "Doo Doo Ice" meme...LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Ok.. We need a name for mocking.. What we got people? ]

Shaneless or Shaneful ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:36 PM

If some idiot was giving you 15 million for a job you can’t do, would you take it? Laughing all the way to retirement.

Message was edited by: ClemCE09®

Message was edited by: ClemCE09®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:37 PM

I hate to see someone so young derailing his health and his career.

Dec 6, 2020, 7:30 AM

He's 43--old enough to take the inevitable.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 5, 2020, 11:38 PM

Just when I think our program can’t get any worse we go out and do this.

Just depressing at this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Well 09.....I'll finally give you credit.

Dec 5, 2020, 11:44 PM

You have been consistent on this one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND ........

Dec 5, 2020, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

this entire community thinks YOU SUCK.

But I’d buy you a beer.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: AND ........

Dec 5, 2020, 11:53 PM

I've been here for like 15 years. This may be the nail in the coffin that does me in.

As I get older it's harder and harder to be emotionally invested in something I have no control over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know how long you have been here. And you have defended

Dec 6, 2020, 12:00 AM

the indefensible for all this time.

Therefore - no mercy.

If is a crap school with a crap tradition of athletics (although I would sell one of my kidneys for your 2 natties in baseball).

You have been staunch - but seriously ....... it is indefensible.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

It's not going to get better until Tanner is gone***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: AND ........ ]

--Henry David Thoreau

^^^^Most underated post in the thread^^^^***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not going to get better until Tanner is gone***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to It's not going to get better until Tanner is gone*** ]

It really is a shame how Tanner is going to completely ruin his legacy as a baseball coach by his AD decisions.

Dec 5, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

09, you seem like a pretty good dude.
Why are you a Gamecock?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s only a good dude when he has been handed his pride

Dec 6, 2020, 12:02 AM

on a spit for the last 3 to 5 years.

Otherwise - he is categorically a troll with a dooshiness to him.

Re: He’s only a good dude when he has been handed his pride

Dec 6, 2020, 7:36 AM

Truth, but I won't kick him while he's down even though he and his ilk were insufferable during the Spurrier run.

--Henry David Thoreau

This is about as good as the Tommy West hire***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, good thing they locked him up before the jobs at

Dec 5, 2020, 11:38 PM

Texas, Michigan and VT open up

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, good thing they locked him up before the jobs at

Dec 6, 2020, 12:16 AM

Being a UNC fan this is great news. I know we battle for some top recruits but it will be laughable recruiting against SC. That may may be the funniest joke of a hire I've ever witnessed. I'm thinking 3 wins the first 2 years????????

Re: Wow, good thing they locked him up before the jobs at

Dec 6, 2020, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Wow, good thing they locked him up before the jobs at ]

Being a UNC fan this is great news. I know we battle for some top recruits but it will be laughable recruiting against SC. That may may be the funniest joke of a hire I've ever witnessed. I'm thinking 3 wins the first 2 years????????

Dec 5, 2020, 11:40 PM

Should have hired:
Caldwell
Napier
Sarkesisn
Then Napier

Dec 5, 2020, 11:45 PM

After this weekend, imo I would hire Chadwell. Team was well coached all season and his game management vs BYU was tremendous.

But I’m glad they didn’t.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Jamey Chadwell turn them down?

Dec 5, 2020, 11:51 PM

Just saying.

Did Jamey Chadwell turn them down?

Dec 5, 2020, 11:51 PM

Just saying.

Dec 5, 2020, 11:54 PM

Underwhelming.

Dec 5, 2020, 11:56 PM

There’s literally a dude 2 hrs away going undefeated and finishing in the top ten with 0 star recruits, but sure I guess the TEs at Oklahoma were decent this year...

Dec 6, 2020, 12:03 AM

This is what is so depressing.

Chadwell could always end up not working out but at least he gives us hope. After the failed Muschamp experiment, I have no idea how anyone in leadership can justify this hire. There is no reason to think Beamer can get it done.

Shane Beamer can't be worse than Muscoot.

Dec 6, 2020, 4:22 AM

But seriously, is there any "name" coach or any hot up-&-comer who even wants that job? I know CWM was like yall's 7th or 8th choice after Tanner struck out with Kirby Smart & Tom Herman & then got turned down by a bunch of has-beens & never-weres. As far as i can tell, that's what appears to have played out this time as well, with Napier, Satterfield & (possibly) Chadwell rejecting UofSC entreaties.
Is the problem mainly with Tanner's poor leadership & terrible hiring acumen? Does the rot go all the way to the UofSC BoT? What role (positive or negative) is the president playing in the process?
Or is it just the reputation the place has as the Graveyard of Coaches?
Or maybe it's just the specifics of the situation, as no bigger fish would bite on an offer to take the reins of a program depleted of talent, facing a multi-year rebuild, with serious culture problems, facing an uphill struggle to accomplish anything in their league, while having a national-title contender for their in-state rival. I mean, it's a huge mountain to climb.
Well, at least Shane Beamer wants the job, & that' got to count for something. But then, Will Muschamp wanted it too.

Re: Shane Beamer can't be worse than Muscoot.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:00 AM

We obviously struck out with Herman and Smart, but Napier, Chadwell and Satterfield all would have taken the job.

Dec 6, 2020, 5:55 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

I understand hes not a big name coach but remember, dabo was just a young WR coach at the time he got named HC and a lot of fans were laughing at the hiring by Clemson. You never know how things will turn out, dont get your hopes up yet.

Dec 6, 2020, 6:21 AM

Dabo has an MBA though.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:05 AM

Dabo had been a part of the Clemson program for five years and had a good relationship with the players. And...Ray Tanner is no Terry Don Phillips

--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 6, 2020, 9:11 AM

Well the fact is that Beamer is probably a decent coach in waiting and has a long future in football, it just won’t be at Carolina. His recruiting was done while Spurrier was at the helm, now he’s got to sell recruits on coming to play for HIM? I think he can get some Jucos, a few transfers etc and if he can get the BOT to pay out the as for big name coordinators, put together some 6 win seasons and win a few bowls. Maybe an 8 win one year and a signature win over Georgia. Programs like VT, Tennessee might just look at that as overcoming the impossible and offer him.

If he doesn’t stick around too long and takes the better job when offered he will be fine, otherwise, the coot expectations will be to compete with Bama and Clemson and then the wheels will fall off the program. Wholesome non criminal players don’t find Columbia an attractive place to grow into manhood so it will never happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly true about lack of desire to come to Columbia***

Dec 6, 2020, 8:49 PM

Time will tell, but pretty sure Beamer is no Dabo!***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

Dec 6, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

If they're not consciously channeling Clemson's hire of Dabo, then it's subcoscious. The similarities are everywhere. The only difference is that TB had a decent foundation already in place, and Dabo was already something of an old timer. Beamer's been gone a while, and Muschamp...I guess he did get some talent. But that's about all. I wonder if there'll be any outbound portal traffic.

Coot logic--hired the baseball coach as AD

Dec 6, 2020, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

Could we expect more?

--Henry David Thoreau

He was the assistant head coach too. That's like almost head

Dec 6, 2020, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Gamecocks have their new head coach ]

coach...to a coot

Dec 6, 2020, 12:00 AM

"if they received a bowl bid...." ### Maybe masks are cutting off oxygen supply after all.....

Didn’t deroberts say it was going to be Napier?***

Dec 6, 2020, 12:06 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least we now know who's gonna be Dabo's b.itch for the

Dec 6, 2020, 12:10 AM

next 4 to 5 years.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Dec 6, 2020, 12:17 AM

Dream hire from our perspective. They can’t afford to miss so they went with a guy who has no HC chops... over a field of young, highly qualified offensive gurus (Freeze, Chadwell) and program builders (Napier).

Dec 6, 2020, 12:21 AM

Tiger Meat!

Remember that time we hired a wide receivers coach?

Dec 6, 2020, 12:24 AM

Yeah, I’m not wishing that outcome for them

I do think it’s aight to finally get outside of the hall of fame coaches graveyard

We shall enjoy the next few yrs of dominance and see what happens with them, I hope they are in the same spot as now

They have always tried hiring experienced coachs

Dec 6, 2020, 8:34 AM

and it's never worked, so Genius Tanner thought he'd use the Clemson model, except Beamer is nothing like Dabo and neither is his experience.

Re: They have always tried hiring experienced coachs

Dec 6, 2020, 8:42 PM

I was comparing the two for fun and how does Beamers experience at this point not match up with Dabo’s experience in 2008? At that point, he had only ever been under an Alabama staff under Gene Stallings, and Mike DuBose. Not saying it’s going to work out for them but Beamer has worked under his dad Frank, Phil Fulmer, Steve Spurrier, Kirby Smart, George O’Leary, and most recently AHC and TE coach under Lincoln Riley at Choklahoma. Anyone fails at Coot U but that’s an impressive resume ???????

Cockks Hire Shane Boner To pound through the SEC with

Dec 6, 2020, 12:30 AM

is that good ?

null

Dec 6, 2020, 12:33 AM

Who the F cares. We in essence won a division title tonight and this carp is front page news. GD tnet articles and comment section have become more like a Hollywood teen idol magazine.

We're worry and write about what "scoop" another program is doing. We get our panties in a wad over a comment made by another AD. Worry about what irrelevant other team is doing hiring a girl kicker... Idgas, I used to come here to diagnose Clemson football and have our next opponent film breakdown... Now it's either political snarky crap or Hollywood gossip.

There are 13 articles on TNET about the game last night

Dec 6, 2020, 6:56 AM

and you wanna b!tch about one article on the Coots new coach?

SMFH

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Turn Down a Bowl Game ????

Dec 6, 2020, 2:47 AM

Could you imagine being on the bowl planning committee lol ??

Let’s call that 2-8 U of SC team to see if they will accept a bowl bid....????

Let’s review their really close if not for covid season, they will be perfect for FSU....

Let’s review the last 2 years -> 4-8 + 2-8 = 6-16 with one big win over the Recruiting Champion 20 years running UGA.

Does this make them good or UGA bad?

Get ready for the Shame Beam shining through after the big Boom!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

If Napier truly turned them down, to me that shouts that

Dec 6, 2020, 8:03 AM

they were either trying to really lowball the money, or the length of the contract. We shall see what kind of contract Beamer actually gets.

Will they pay Beamer more to coach than they pay Muschamp

Dec 6, 2020, 8:50 AM

not to coach?

That only happens at SCU

Dec 6, 2020, 8:11 AM

After what came out yesterday it sounds like he only got the job because Louisville's coach turned it down....he will back out of USC job if VT becomes open...

LOL this will be a good few years***

Dec 6, 2020, 8:13 AM

Dec 6, 2020, 8:29 AM

~JKB

This really is one of the weakest hires imaginable.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:21 AM

Perfect!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think USuC's coaching picks, or lack thereof, have a lot

Dec 6, 2020, 9:45 AM

to do with Tanner. Just like most folks, coaches are career oriented people and want to work for AD's that are respected and competent. Tanner doesn't check either of those boxes and that is why a lot of coaches turn USuC down. USuC is in the bad position of having both a horrible AD and a bad football coach. It does them no good to fire the football coach without having first gotten rid of their incompetent boob of an AD.

This is why USuC made a huge mistake in not firing Tanner and holding on to Muschamp for one more year. The proper order of things would have been for USuC to fire Tanner this year and spent their time and energy getting a first class reputable/experienced AD in place. A solid, reputable, competent AD can do wonders in fixing and finding a good coach. As it is - USuC will once again be turned down by the highly sought after coaches and be forced to hire whoever they can find that is desperate enough to go that dumpster fire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think USuC's coaching picks, or lack thereof, have a lot

Dec 6, 2020, 9:50 AM

As luck would have it, they can’t get a reputable AD to take the job either so there you go! The old BOT micromanage the program on every level and obviously don’t know squat about football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 9:53 AM

Sad that he chose to end his career and have his name tarnished.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:04 PM

choice number 3....come on down...!!!

Dec 6, 2020, 10:06 PM

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic