Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Clemson grad assistant Terry Bowden hired as FBS coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Clemson grad assistant Terry Bowden hired as FBS coach

Dec 23, 2020, 10:13 AM

Report: Clemson grad assistant Terry Bowden hired as FBS coach

Terry Bowden, after spending a couple seasons as a graduate assistant on Clemson's coaching staff, is back in the head coaching game. The News Star reported tha Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Clemson grad assistant Terry Bowden hired as FBS coach

Dec 23, 2020, 10:31 AM

Best wishes for a successful future!

Thank you for working and paying my social security.

(Sorry it won’t be there for you, but we keep electing those who enjoy spending Other People’s Money)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 6:00 PM

Probably the first time ever that someone has moved directly from a grad assistant to a head coach position?

Not gonna lie,......

Dec 23, 2020, 10:33 AM

My first thought was Auburn had hired him back! lol

Dec 23, 2020, 10:36 AM

Congratulations Terry! Good Luck!

Sooo...basically, UL-Monroe is better than UofSC??***

Dec 23, 2020, 10:57 AM

Re: Sooo...basically, UL-Monroe is better than UofSC??***

Dec 23, 2020, 11:21 AM

Lmao

Well duh

Re: Sooo...basically, UL-Monroe is better than UofSC??***

Dec 24, 2020, 10:01 AM

Monroe is a city in northern Louisiana. Biedenharn Museum and Gardens explores the history of Coca-Cola, first bottled by the Biedenharn Candy Company. Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo has exotic animals and a splash pad. Restored aircraft are on display at Chennault Aviation and Military Museum. North of the city, the cypress swamps of Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge are home to alligators and birds. ? Google

Sounds better than Soda City to me!

Good for Terry ...

Dec 23, 2020, 1:07 PM

Did not know he was still helping the Clemson coaching staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for Terry ...

Dec 23, 2020, 9:17 PM

You gotta like someone who goes to grad school in his 60's just so he can be around Clemson football. :)

Dec 23, 2020, 1:29 PM

He is actually a good coach and if Auburn didn’t have that moron Bobby Lowder controlling what’s going on down there Terry Bowden could’ve done some big things. They could have rebounded from the problems. But they never gave him a chance. And let’s face it, Auburn is Possibly an even bigger dumpster fire than USC. They certainly have the same problem, which is trying to keep up with big brother! And of course, a lot of rich people and politicians pulling the strings!

And I’ll tell you for a guy his age and to have had the success he has had, for him to be willing to come to Clemson and be a graduate assistant is astonishing. Not many people that have had his success and that see themselves as a head coach to put aside their ego and carry the label of graduate assistant is amazing! It shows the true love for college football this guy has!

Dec 23, 2020, 1:34 PM

Good take on Terry. Wish him nothing but success in his future, and thanks for the contributions he's made to our staff!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Clemson grad assistant Terry Bowden hired as FBS coach ]

He will be better than before, bc I'm sure that he picked up some things from Dabo that will help him to be a better HC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 1:42 PM

The Bowdens are great people. Bobby's sons never achieved the level of coaching accomplishments as their father, but they are still a class-act bunch. Tommy did more for Clemson than most people give him credit (got the administration moving in the right direction for investing in facility improvements, etc.).

I wish Terry success and happiness in his next chapter!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 10:58 PM

I would guess that Terry Bowden was a GREAT source for Elliott and Venables to talk to about the Auburn job.

He probably set them straight about what a bad decision it would be to become the HC at Auburn. With a 47-17-1 record at Auburn, they still fired Bowden. Those Auburn guys will never be content unless they become better than Alabama (a very unlikely thing in the forseeable future).

Dec 26, 2020, 12:56 AM

Some Auburn people I knew claimed he wasn’t fired for his performance ON the field, which would make sense. His performance as HC at AU was great.

Best of luck to Terry and all the Bowdens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic