Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: ACC team sits out first scheduled practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: ACC team sits out first scheduled practice

Aug 7, 2020, 2:44 PM

Report: ACC team sits out first scheduled practice

Syracuse football players decided as a team not to practice on Thursday over concerns about playing during the coronavirus pandemic, the Syracuse Post-Standard Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In H.S., August two a days, were the worst thing I ever went

Aug 7, 2020, 2:59 PM

through. I sure wish COVID was around then.

We used to pray for rain, and say we would drink ice cold p I s s if they brought it to us, but they only gave us salt tablets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those were the days!***

Aug 7, 2020, 3:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I was never so happy to drink out of a nasty

Aug 7, 2020, 5:29 PM

Re: In H.S., August two a days, were the worst thing I ever went

Aug 7, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to In H.S., August two a days, were the worst thing I ever went ]

They'll be sitting out most of there football games as well...even when they show up

Re: In H.S., August two a days, were the worst thing I ever went

Aug 7, 2020, 6:10 PM [ in reply to In H.S., August two a days, were the worst thing I ever went ]

These kids are so entitled today it is insane! I played in the Danny Ford era when players did what they were told! Of course we played real football back then! Dabo is a master of dealing with entitlement, instilling character, and making men out of boys! We are blessed! Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it is super-hot in the carrier dome.............***

Aug 7, 2020, 3:03 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: ACC team sits out first scheduled practice

Aug 7, 2020, 3:11 PM

Did Cuse join the sec and not tell anyone?
This is why COVID protocol should be the same across the board. Either sit out and take the L or play the games that are on your schedule. This isn’t fare to the other schools and players who are wanting to continue on with life and play the game they love.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 3:26 PM

Off the schedule with them and NCSU or Louisville back on. As a matter of fact ACC can go back to divisions again with just 14.

Can't practice, but can hold meetings?Syracuse is an embarrassment to the ACC.

Aug 7, 2020, 3:18 PM

Sounds like the players lack desire and found a perfect excuse in COVID-19.

Aug 7, 2020, 3:19 PM

About their Liberty game, anyone else concerned about playing our Non Conference game vs small Citadel or Group of 5 Conf Akron and spread COVID to our players because their testing and protocol as extensive as ours?

Aug 7, 2020, 3:23 PM

“The source said the players were comfortable with Syracuse’s rules, but they are worried other ACC schools”

Ah, yes. We, the elites at Bob Costas U. are doing things right, but the “great unwashed“ in the south? Well, who knows about them. So glad we have them in the league over WVU...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 3:41 PM

While I dont disagree he did send a kid to Clemson. Dont know if he graduated or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 3:45 PM

How does sitting out a practice improve the procedures at other schools?

Aug 7, 2020, 5:29 PM

The social elites of Syracuse deign to play us at all. Now they want to make sure we shower and shave before each event..... The nerve!!!!!

Aug 7, 2020, 7:20 PM

H&11 yes, those pamper wearing sissies in their 500 seat doomdome are redickulous, and I would hope the entire team of sissies will come back saying they are opting out of the season bc New York was the first city ravaged with covid-19 virus in the beginning, and they are the ones that spread that chit all over the south by running scared without ever being tested... Even the ones that knew they had it, they come south bc there wasn't any hospital room for them, and they are the ones that infested the south, and now they're worried!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 3:47 PM

you guys crack me up.....footballs not gonna be played this season anyway.....get over yourselves and deal with it......

Aug 7, 2020, 4:31 PM

declemson said:

you guys crack me up.....footballs not gonna be played this season anyway.....get over yourselves and deal with it......

So says the troll...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say it too - and a troll I am not.***

Aug 9, 2020, 8:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 7, 2020, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: ACC team sits out first scheduled practice ]

Declemson.....

Look....????????

SQUIRREL!!!!!!

Aug 7, 2020, 3:52 PM

I would be happy to substitute the Cuse with a real football team. Unfortunately this is just the start given the new cancel culture.

Aug 9, 2020, 7:57 AM

JF43 said:

I would be happy to substitute the Cuse with a real football team. Unfortunately this is just the start given the new cancel culture.

Just saying to the thing that TD-ed the post, you are as uncouth of an individual as there is on T-Net. JF43 is a real Tiger fan giving his opinion, and it's harmless. And whoever TD-ed the post, you're an uncouth FckTard!!! Now TD that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 4:07 PM

Maybe they should pay a day worth of the cost of their scholly. They are athletes!

Message was edited by: Sportsfan®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 4:33 PM

I don't want it to happen but he season needs to be cancelled. Xavier Thomas is have breathing trouble from the virus. There are long term effects and as an athlete you are screwed if your lungs end up getting scarred.

I think Syracuse collectively sat out after

Aug 7, 2020, 5:31 PM

Aug 7, 2020, 5:37 PM

I told you the team from NY and Mass will not play their games this year. Their states are too invested in not returning to normal.

Aug 7, 2020, 6:42 PM

And they’re right in the middle of liberal, out of control COVID-19 country. So the rest of their conference, which they are one of the last members to join, is their problem???

Aug 7, 2020, 7:05 PM

Thought given the world. Should Clemson move to an ‘SEC’ conference of the future? I know Usuck can and would have vetoed in a prepandemic world but the game has changed quite unfortunately literally.

Aug 7, 2020, 7:06 PM

Some of the most immature BS with some of that they are saying. Now what ACC team would be expected not to do everything possible to keep their athletes safe from infecting themselves, and the teams that they play. To me personally, they are trying to be smarter than the adult teams that are in place to assure that teams are being as safe as possible. Cry yourself a river yankee Yorkers, and the entire team just opt out for a few years until you have been potty trained!!!

they missed out on dino's head hunting lesson

Aug 7, 2020, 7:39 PM

o well

Aug 7, 2020, 11:03 PM

Good god kick them out of the ACC. Never understood why they were invited in the first place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

How dare them...

Aug 8, 2020, 12:02 AM

They just insulted the entire ACC and Liberty. Do they really think other schools are not doing everything possible to keep players safe? And the small schools are doing the same thing.

Just let them wrap each other in bubble wrap. That might distract other teams beause they eill just want to burst the little bubbles.

Just drink more orange juice. After all, they have an orange running around. Just stick a straw in him. I hope every team they play beats the orange pulp out of them.

Re: How dare them...

Aug 8, 2020, 5:06 PM

Orange should ask the NCAA to guarantee no sweating.

Then they would stand a chance in most games.

Re: How dare them...

Aug 9, 2020, 7:59 AM

But their DoomDome is so HOT!!!

Aug 8, 2020, 5:34 PM

If Syracuse doesn’t want to play that’s fine. But, they need to be given a deadline to decide and if they opt out they shouldn’t receive a penny of football revenue-sharing from the league this year.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic