Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Prominent former Tigers speak out in '#WeWantToPlay' campaign
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,661

TNET: Prominent former Tigers speak out in '#WeWantToPlay' campaign

Jul 19, 2020, 4:26 PM

Prominent former Tigers speak out in '#WeWantToPlay' campaign

NFL stars and former Tigers Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins were among a number of players to speak out on social media Sunday ahead of NFL training camps st Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Prominent former Tigers speak out in '#WeWantToPlay' campaign

Jul 19, 2020, 4:34 PM

What’s staggering to me is just how poorly both the NFL and NCAA has reacted to the pandemic...it really shows that anyone could do their job and most likely, the vast majority of those in power in both organizations are there because of connections and not because of actual qualifications.

These are multi-billion dollar organizations and both have been completely baffled by the virus despite being ~4-5 months into this whole thing at this point. It’s pretty #### disappointing to see such a lack of direction and leadership. It makes me think that no matter what they end up doing, we’re all going to be watching a bit of a #### show in the fall.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:44 AM

How could they have handled it better? The country wouldn't social distance properly and wear masks. It's kind of out of their control.

Well many of us want you to play and

Jul 19, 2020, 4:41 PM

leave politics out of it. We can't always get what we want.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well many of us want you to play and

Jul 20, 2020, 9:54 AM

Many of us wanted to read these comments without someone mentioning politics. We can't always get what we want.

NFL will get to it...

Jul 19, 2020, 6:45 PM

they have been busy trying to make BLM happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2020, 9:26 PM

I could give a $hit less where they play are not....take another knee ...that always helps

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same #overpaid***

Jul 19, 2020, 10:08 PM

Amazing

Jul 20, 2020, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Prominent former Tigers speak out in '#WeWantToPlay' campaign ]

Players saying they want to play: people B*tch and complain about someone else's money and health.

Stop being a sally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Prominent former Tigers speak out in '#WeWantToPlay' campaign ]

the Jealousy of athletes continues. Where the jealousy comes from can be broken down to many reasons, but I think its pretty obvious.

the responses to this are amazing

Jul 19, 2020, 11:54 PM

...ly ignorant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Jul 20, 2020, 9:09 AM

Like many other ST holders for NFL teams (Titans) I'm sitting and waiting with bated breath for each team's plan for attendance at the games. What happens with the players and staff at field level is one logistical issue, now do you manage even 25% capacity at some of these older NFL stadiums?

Surely there's an algorithm to plug in a seating chart, locations of current STH's and come up with a plan. Surely. They've already killed single game and flex pack tickets. I imagine the pecking order for STH's will be older over newer, but I'm already reading that some of those folks are opting out for health concerns.

This is an unmitigated clusterf***

Jul 20, 2020, 9:43 AM

If they can engage in BLM rallies among thousands of strangers, without taking any precautions whatsoever, I dont want to hear them whine about how unsafe football is. Tell them they won't get paid if they don't play and that'll be the last you hear about it. It's always obvious when the NFL players are told to jump by their Marxist masters because you suddenly, all at once, have them all saying the exact same thing. Anybody think these guys all had a sudden epiphany at the same time about this? Of course they didn't. The leftists hate football and don't want it to happen so this is their last second power play to keep it from happening.

A lot of us lefties LOVE football

Jul 21, 2020, 6:47 PM

So shut your ignorant mouth.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:35 AM

Pfft! Who cares. I would watch Tombstone for the tenth time to keep from watching an NFL game. It's funny how they are getting worried now that they aren't going to play.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:46 AM

Some of us men like football.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:56 AM

No one likes football better than this man. Unlike you I happen to disagree with the way football and other sports have used their soapbox for political advertisement. I prefer to not have liberal mush shoved down my throat with my Scotch while I'm watching a game but they just can't leave it alone. Now if your post was to insinuate that you are a man and I'm not....well I'm your huckleberry. I'll meet you at the big oak tree down by the creek.

Jul 20, 2020, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Prominent former Tigers speak out in '#WeWantToPlay' campaign ]

Sheep

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stopped caring what professional athletes

Jul 20, 2020, 11:56 AM

think a long time ago, especially as it pertains to issues outside of their area of expertise.

They should let the medical experts and league decision-makers decide what is best in terms of safety for all involved.

How would players like it if others told them how to do their jobs and complained about their performance? I bet they wouldn't like it very much.

Can you imagine people from completely unrelated occupations posting on social media telling a QB he should've made a better throw, or a linebacker that he should've tackled from a different angle? LOL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

“How would players like it if

Jul 21, 2020, 6:52 PM

others told them how to do their jobs and complained about their performance? I bet they wouldn't like it very much.”

You are being ironic, right? There’s a reason the expression “armchair quarterback” has been around for years.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,661
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic