Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Paul Finebaum compares Trevor Lawrence to Peyton Manning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Paul Finebaum compares Trevor Lawrence to Peyton Manning

Jan 8, 2021, 8:12 AM

Paul Finebaum compares Trevor Lawrence to Peyton Manning

Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence is now off on his journey to the NFL. ESPN personality Paul Finebaum heard the news that Lawrence announced for the NFL Draf Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum compares Trevor Lawrence to Peyton Manning

Jan 8, 2021, 10:00 AM

One of the few times I agree with Finebaum.
Jacksonville has to build a TEAM, or TL16 will be in the same situation as DW4 in a few years.
Would still like to see a trade with TL16 ending up in Atlanta, NO, or Dallas, even Tampa!
Jacksonville needs much more than a QB.

Jan 8, 2021, 10:14 AM

Agree but not Atl or Dallas. Much more valuable to Clemson in Fla or NO... If you know what I mean. DW4 to Tampa.

Speaking of players, Wayne Train stock continues to rise. Still wish he'd get on a team that would pass to him more.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would love to see DW4 to Tampa but TB12 has another season

Jan 8, 2021, 10:35 AM

I agree that NO would be a great landing spot for Trevor, but selfishly I would hate to see him and Deshaun in the same division (and TL competing against my Bucs). But my son (also a Clemson grad) is a Saints fan, so I suppose I could deal with that.

I do want both of them to be in good situations to be successful, and Houstom certainly does not qualify.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum compares Trevor Lawrence to Peyton Manning ]

I think that it's the other way round, once in a million he agrees with Dabo and Tiger Nation. We knew who Trevor was when Fckbumb was beating Clemson up with his foul mouth!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 10:05 AM

He's got the physical tools but Manning added a very cerebral element as well. Hopefully Trevor can do that also.

Jan 8, 2021, 10:05 AM

Kinda an easy pick since Trevor has always looked up to Peyton. They've talked numerous times. I'm quite sure Trevor respects the praise. But Trevor will be much more versatile, however I don't think you'll see him running much unless he slides and has an open lane to the sidelines. .

Excited to see him develop that side arm sling angle.

TNET: GSCtiger compares Paul Finebaum to Dumbo the Elephant...***

Jan 8, 2021, 10:40 AM

Re: TNET: GSCtiger compares Paul Finebaum to Dumbo the Elephant...***

Jan 8, 2021, 11:27 AM

An anorexic Dumbo.

Jan 8, 2021, 1:14 PM

How astute of him to notice!

Jan 8, 2021, 7:09 PM

At long last, Pawl finally gets it right. I fuss and fume when I see quotes from him (I try not to listen to him or read about his thoughts very often), usually boasting about some pseudo good sec team, or about the couple of really good teams they have, or him boasting about other things related to the secheat conference, On this, however, he is right. Trevor is a generational talent. I don't follow the NFL much, but TL is a guy who will make a difference there, as well as he did at Clemson. He is that kind of guy, because he has it on the field, and off the field. So proud of him, and of our coaches for seeing it and latching onto him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other news if you don’t watch espn you wonder who this guy is***

Jan 8, 2021, 8:11 PM

Jan 8, 2021, 9:25 PM

Paul Finebaum is an SEC homer and doesn't even try to be objective.

With that said, I think Trevor looks better than any QB out of college I have seen. He get's rattled briefly. But he is tough and he overcomes. Justin Fields was the best player on the field during Sugar Bowl, but for the duration of the season Trevor was way past him.

The Jags would be idiots not to take Trevor. He as a better chance to be a great quarterback than anyone I can remember. But nothing is a lock. Brady was the 199th pick. How many teams past on Mahomes?

I was watching Youtube videos about the draft- very enlightening. One NFL GM said that if a GM had a 54% of picking good players that was good. No one knows how these guys will react in pro ball.

Herbert seems to be the steal of this past draft. Over Burrow and Tua. Who would have guessed that? But if I am the Jags owner, I am making sure my franchise picks TL.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic