Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Mackensie Alexander's father found alive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

TNET: Mackensie Alexander's father found alive

Aug 27, 2020, 8:53 AM

Mackensie Alexander's father found alive

Great news to report today. Mackensie Alexander's father Jean Odney Alexandre was found alive after three days missing from a berry-picking trip. According to t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Mackensie Alexander's father found alive

Aug 27, 2020, 8:55 AM

Awesome!!!! Best news I've heard today!!!

Aug 27, 2020, 8:58 AM

I guess the beat-down was worth it.

Aug 27, 2020, 8:59 AM

glad to hear this. I suspected if he hadnt been harmed there might be a chance. he is a tough and hardworking man and would find a way to get back

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So glad for Mackenzie.

Aug 27, 2020, 9:03 AM

Best CB at Clemson i've ever seen. Ask Will Fuller haha

always LOVED Mac's game

Aug 27, 2020, 6:42 PM

and I'm not starting a debate, but Donnell Woolford is STILL that dude!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonderful. What a blessing. I'm so relieved to hear this news. I know with the life he has led he's probably a pretty tough guy.

Great news. I didn't know that saw palmetto berries were

a thing and were highly valued.

Re: Great news. I didn't know that saw palmetto berries were

Aug 27, 2020, 11:04 AM

Saw Palmetto is an ingredient used in the treatment for prostrate problems in men.

Re: Great news. I didn't know that saw palmetto berries were

Aug 28, 2020, 1:32 PM

I use Saw Palmetto twice a day every day, and it works as well as Flomax, and it's a lot less harmful to men's prostate health. The Swanson 540 mg is a great product!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great news!***

Aug 27, 2020, 9:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 9:23 AM

Great news. I’d like to hear why the gentleman who was with him left instead of waiting in the area for the authorities to start searching for him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 9:45 AM

The guy searched for several hours before leaving to go inform Jean’s wife, then they came back and searched some more. Then they finally called the police. His one mistake was not calling them sooner, but he said he was worried because he was told not to pick berries there before.

Aug 27, 2020, 10:47 AM

Well I #### sure wouldn’t be doing anything with that guy anymore. A life is way more important than a ticket or slap on the wrist. No wonder Mac wanted to kick the dudes ###. Stupid as hell to leave the man out there cause you’re afraid of what will happened since you were warned not to go picking berries there.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:08 AM

Perhaps, but he didn't abandon the guy. He left to go pick up his wife and came back to look for him again. When they couldn't find him after looking a second time they called the police. The guy wasn't a small child or a feeble old man. He was a 65 year old adult that was picking berries in the forest. Who calls the police when they can find an adult for an hour or two?

Aug 27, 2020, 2:05 PM

Just because he’s 65 doesn’t mean he’s the picture of health. He could very well have an underlying health condition that could have made this fatal. My grandfather had memory issues in his early 60s and was later diagnosed with Dementia.
This guy did what he thought was right. I would have done a lot things different. Luckily this didn’t cost Mr. Alexander his life.

This is true.. but every1 in these threads are treating

Aug 27, 2020, 2:21 PM

Him like a helpless child.

Could be him and his bid jumped in as truck and went to get berries, then mac decided to wander off. Whose fault is that ?

We seem to just keep vilifying this guy when none of us know the details.

He's alive.. which is the important thing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: This is true.. but every1 in these threads are treating

Aug 27, 2020, 2:34 PM

I’m not vilifying the guy. I’m saying if I was in his shoes I would have been more worried about someone’s heath and well being than a ticket or slap on the wrist.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mackensie Alexander's father found alive ]

His mother didn't call the police immediately either. Would be be justified if he attacked her as well?

Aug 27, 2020, 2:21 PM

I have never and would never attack a woman nor condone it. I would however inform her that park rangers, fish and wildlife officers, police officers, etc are there to help and could have potentially found Mr. Alexander earlier had they been notified sooner.

POTD and POTW!!!!!

Aug 27, 2020, 9:25 AM

Prayers are answered!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: POTD and POTW!!!!!

Aug 27, 2020, 12:27 PM

Great news! Prayers answered!

Aug 27, 2020, 9:34 AM

Now press charges against the guy who left him behind. Endangering the life

Aug 27, 2020, 9:37 AM

yeah charges seem warranted.... I mean he only looked for 3 hours before leaving to inform the guy's wife and then coming back to look for him.

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/2020/08/26/berry-picking-partner-searched-mackensie-alexanders-missing-father-before-seeking-help/5635921002/

It "says he searched". He may have or just saying to save

Aug 27, 2020, 9:51 AM

face. IDK. I'm sure now that Mack's daddy is found alive, we'll get to hear his side.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It "says he searched". He may have or just saying to save

Aug 27, 2020, 10:04 AM

Did you read the article or just the headline? He searched for a few hours then called Jean’s wife who said to come pick her up to help search, they search for another 45 minutes, then called the police. So even his own wife didn’t call the police right away. Why wouldn’t we take the guy for his word at this point, and even Jean’s wife said they searched together.

The knee jerk reaction in yesterday’s post, being supportive of the battery and people saying they’d do the same or worse is why the world has turned to crap lately. So many people just don’t wait for information to come out or inform themselves before reacting. “A black man was shot by a cop? Let’s riot and burn a city before knowing that he was violating a restraining order, fought off being tazed, and was entering his car where there was a weapon on his driver’s side floor board.”

Aug 27, 2020, 10:29 AM

Jerseytiger1980, are those facts concerning the Wisconsin shooting? I'm hoping so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes - those are the facts as they have been released as of

Aug 27, 2020, 10:51 AM

this morning.

And the police were there because they were called by the guy's girlfriend on a domestic - he wasn't suppose to anywhere near there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: It "says he searched". He may have or just saying to save ]

Those are the facts as I understand them, but who knows what news sources can be trusted anymore.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/2020/08/26/jacob-blake-had-knife-car-but-otherwise-unarmed-tased-kenosha-officer-rusten-sheskey-shot-in-back/5639429002/

Do you know 100% did search before calling Jean's wife or

Aug 27, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: It "says he searched". He may have or just saying to save ]

are you going by what the news said? This is your statement from a previous post, "but who knows what news sources can be trusted anymore." So you are going to trust a man you may know or may not, who has no witness to back up his claim and not the news?

Re: Do you know 100% did search before calling Jean's wife or

Aug 27, 2020, 2:30 PM

I think his account provides a plausible and reasonable explanation of the situation. If nothing else he called Jean's wife and searched with her, by her own account. No I don't know 100% because I was not there, but after reading several of the stories I can make a reasonable assumption of the situation.

Also this story has little political ramifications that was swaying the authenticity of other news stories.

Re: Do you know 100% did search before calling Jean's wife or

Aug 27, 2020, 2:40 PM

We can disagree or have different opinions, the best thing is that he is alive and safe.

our soceity is full of mob metality***

Aug 27, 2020, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: It "says he searched". He may have or just saying to save ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something about that story doesn't pass the Smell Test. But,

Aug 27, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mackensie Alexander's father found alive ]

after several hundred rounds of misinformation, maybe the press will one day give us the correct facts.

I fully suspect that at some point, the press will make it out to be President Trump's fault. Seems to be the case with everything else, right?

Re: Something about that story doesn't pass the Smell Test. But,

Aug 27, 2020, 10:35 AM

I don't know the story seems to be reasonable to me. I've never been foraging, so I don't know if it's a solitary activity or a group activity. As far as I can tell the guy picked up a group of people to go foraging for berries, they split up and were supposed to meet later. When Jean didn't come back they looked for him for a few hours then called his wife to say he may be lost. She asked to be picked up to help the search. After looking for another 45 minutes they decided to call the cops.

Yesterday the articles were saying "elderly" father. That made it seemed like he was an infirmed 90 year old or something. The guy was 65 years old, so I can understand why they didn't immediately call the police.

The one missing part of the story is any accounts from the other people that were on this trip. Now that Jean has been found perhaps more of the story will be revealed, or maybe it's as simple as he got lost and they couldn't find him?

The Press

Aug 27, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Something about that story doesn't pass the Smell Test. But, ]

Will give you the FACTS when it PAYS to give you the FACTS ...

and that’s a ###### fact...

Aug 27, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mackensie Alexander's father found alive ]

Or wait until the facts come out.
At some point you have to give up the search and go tell someone that you can’t find him. If something like this happened, he did nothing wrong.
If it turns out that he just said oh well, gave up, and went home without telling anyone, then it’s pretty bad.

Aug 27, 2020, 9:35 AM

That is so awesome. Great news.

Aug 27, 2020, 9:43 AM

I'm so happy to hear this. I can only image how rough the last few days have been for his family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Aug 27, 2020, 9:52 AM

That's fantastic news!

Aug 27, 2020, 9:56 AM

Another "Silver " moment..I have them(scary).....emotions are one of the downsides of being human...and what makes us human...Hope Alex learned that just because you can get 15 yards for a hit "out of bounds" don't mean you can do the same in the Real World...$$$$$$ usually helps.

Message was edited by: Mogambu®

Aug 27, 2020, 11:07 AM

How do you know he hit him? I have not heard any details of the incident. Mac, as far as I know was only charged with "batter"...... not assault and battery. He could have merely grabbed the guy by the collar or grabbed his arm. I hope the charges are dropped if this is the case.

Probably the guy's eyes lit up when he realized Mac is an

Aug 27, 2020, 11:43 AM

NFL player. If I were a betting man, I would bet the kitchen sink that, after a paid settlement is reached, the battery charge suddenly disappears.

Re: Probably the guy's eyes lit up when he realized Mac is an

Aug 27, 2020, 11:47 AM

Well that is his choice to make. By the news account that I read, Mac’s friend held the 56 year old guy down while Mac punched him several times in the face. Why shouldn’t he be able to pursue criminal or civil retribution?

Re: Probably the guy's eyes lit up when he realized Mac is an

Aug 27, 2020, 6:58 PM

Links to the news account, please. Not doubting, just can't find it anywhere.

Praise the Lord. Happy for him and his family.***

Aug 27, 2020, 10:07 AM

Re: Praise the Lord. Happy for him and his family.***

Aug 27, 2020, 7:29 PM

You folks are nuts...

Yes!!!

Aug 27, 2020, 10:14 AM

Praise Jesus, so happy to hear the good news.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God Bless***

Aug 27, 2020, 10:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 10:22 AM

Praise The Lord!
I felt this would not end well.
Thankful I was wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 12:17 PM

Thank God.

Aug 27, 2020, 1:04 PM

Thank you Jesus!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 27, 2020, 1:15 PM

Praise The Lord!

Beni Swa L'Eternel - Praise the Lord!

Aug 27, 2020, 2:18 PM

ke m kontan anpil le m tande nouvel sa!

Thank You Jesus!!!

Aug 27, 2020, 3:31 PM

Needed that good news!!

I am just glad he is okay. Prayers have been answered.

Aug 27, 2020, 6:06 PM

As for the other details.....it will all work itself out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So glad to hear this!!!***

Aug 27, 2020, 6:26 PM

So glad to hear this!!!***

Aug 27, 2020, 6:26 PM

Aug 27, 2020, 7:40 PM

Ironic that everyone searched for him for 3 days, wife and picking partner even longer, and no one found him: he found them.

Cut the partner some slack. We all support Mac, but he didn't handle the situation as well as he might have, though many of us wouldn't either.

Football players can't just resort to hitting people when stress comes into your life. There's a reason NFL players have more domestic abuse situations than any other pro sport. I hope once the happy reunion is over, Mac deals with this issue.

Aug 27, 2020, 10:05 PM

Nice to hear some good news! Happy for the family.

Aug 27, 2020, 10:21 PM

Wow. Miraculously good news (for once lately).

Aug 28, 2020, 12:38 PM

It is great news. You rarely expect happy endings any more. Did you notice that there were people who were only happy that he gentleman was found. Others were looking to place blame and point the finger of stupidity on someone for a man who merely got lost in the woods. I don't mean "merely" in the sense it was not serious but just as the nature of the problem. I guess no one has ever walked into the woods looking for something(deer antlers in my case) and then realize at some point that everything looks the same and can't determine which direction did I come from. I went up into a mountain forest which was probably 5 or 6 miles deep. I took bearings on my iPhone compass(bad mistake) at the base of the hill-you know the LOWEST point-and it worked. As I checked it periodically, it was fine. I got higher and hit a flat area of nothing but young trees spaced closely together which should have been shed nirvana. After about 10 minutes, it was like "where the hell am I" and guess what-the iPhone compass didn't work. Every high spot I went to had another beyond it blocking my view.It took an hour and a half to make out a highway about 10 miles away. From there I found my way out to the base of where I entered. It took another 30 min the find the ATV which I rode up the hill as far as I could. Suffice it to say, a mechanical compass goes on every hike. Point is, like many say, it's very disorienting and you are down to picking a direction at random sometimes. At about 3 pm-the sun wasn't much help. you walk a few degrees offline for 5 miles and you are still unsure of where you are.

I choose to believe this type of thing was what happened. We are so programmed for negative, we are primed to fight, accuse, and concoct all sorts of gruesome scenarios. Yes-there are just evil people out there who cloud our judgement but sometimes life is not always the result of a conspiracy or some evil. Sometimes it's simple. I profess to be no better than anyone else at jumping to conclusions but this is a good lesson for us all. Everyone did what they thought best at the time. If it turns out he escaped from some cross burning, hood wearing, Mr Potato heads I will have just stuck my foot in my mouth :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic