Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #162 'Jim Stuckey'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 51

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #162 'Jim Stuckey'

Sep 10, 2020, 9:59 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #162 'Jim Stuckey'

Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka® submitted many of the historic photos on our website, and we appreciate him being part of the TigerNet family. Mintaka's take Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has uof6c always had some of the worst unis in existence?***

Sep 10, 2020, 10:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re:Has uof6c always had some of the worst unis in existence?

Sep 10, 2020, 10:30 AM

thats a big coincidence with the type teams they've always had. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 80's had to be the worst...

Sep 10, 2020, 11:16 AM

They wore every combination of garnet, black and white shirts and pants imaginable.

It's almost as if they were desperately struggling to find some kind of identity other than being a doormat program and perennial losers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I met Jim Stuckey one time

Sep 10, 2020, 10:32 AM

Nice guy. He let me try on his Super Bowl ring. His ring size was huge. I almost could have worn it as a bracelet.

Re: I met Jim Stuckey one time

Sep 10, 2020, 11:23 AM

he was a big dude. I remember the first time I walked by him when I was a puny freshman. His head was bigger than me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a class with William Perry my Fr. year...

Sep 10, 2020, 11:46 AM

The class met in one of the auditorium style classrooms in Brackett, and at 6'3" and 340 pounds, he couldn't fit in those small desks.

Maybe that's why he rarely showed-up for class ;)

Re: I met Jim Stuckey one time

Sep 10, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I met Jim Stuckey one time ]

CRAZY!! I remember the same thing!! He was GIGANTIC!! Lol

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #162 'Jim Stuckey'

Sep 10, 2020, 11:26 AM

I was a kid and after a game went down to the field to get player autographs. When I got to Jim Stuckey I could not find my pen. He saw this and gave me his jersey - tear away jersey - Mean Joe Green commercial. I wore that sweaty thing home. My mom made me wash it and I slept in it that night. I look at that jersey every once in awhile and it is like a t-shirt no last name or Clemson on it. Only white 83 numbers. I am 50 now so that was a long time ago. I will take a pic and send when I get home. Thanks, Jim. You didn't know how you made a little kid feel that day. Go Tigers!!!

Sep 10, 2020, 12:24 PM

When they were legal, Clemson's defensive linemen wore tear away jerseys to make offensive holding calls easy for refs. I wish they were still legal.

Sep 10, 2020, 12:37 PM

I thought they were still legal . Just had to burn a time out to get a replacement .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #162 'Jim Stuckey' ]

This is the basis for my earlier story. Sorry in advance for the weird orientation.

Front
Front left shoulder
Back

Sep 10, 2020, 1:01 PM

Today's coaches and players would do well to find old film of players like Jim Stuckey and study it.

This Picture is from 1976

Sep 10, 2020, 1:10 PM

He was a Freshman on that team.

Sep 10, 2020, 1:18 PM

Jim is in Kiawah doing great in real estate. I bump into him every now and then and he is always very gracious.

Sep 10, 2020, 1:26 PM

Jim parks in lot 5 around the 5400 numbers

Not his most famous fumble recovery.....

Sep 10, 2020, 4:31 PM

That was a likely fumble recovery against the chickens but not his most notorious one. After Dwight Clark's famous catch from Joe Montana to put the 49's up 28-27 over the Cowboys, Dallas got the ball back and was driving down the field to get into field goal range. Dallas QB was stripped of the ball and Jim Stuckey recovered to send San Francisco to the Super Bowl.

Look at the 2:15:03 mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcflzu8bKc0

Message was edited by: ALLweatherfan®

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Sep 10, 2020, 10:52 AM

Stuck by Stuckey.
He went to my high school. He was about 5 years older than me, but my Clemson roommates brother played with him on the Airport High School tennis team. They played doubles together, and you never had to worry about the other team playing at the net. They were terrified of him.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 10, 2020, 7:22 PM

Man! The Stuckey brothers were great!!! How would you like to be that Gamecock he was about to land on!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#10 for the Shamecocks in 1976 was Ron Bass

Sep 10, 2020, 8:41 PM

The “Original Sunshine”.

glad he survived the rioters on king street front of Halls

Sep 10, 2020, 11:03 PM

they beat him up pretty good. terrible

Sep 11, 2020, 12:48 PM

A piece of trivia about Jim Stucky: everyone remembers the Catch. The Catch was the winning touchdown reception in the 1981 NFC Championship Game played between the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers at Candlestick Park on January 10, 1982. After the Catch, by Dwight Clark, the score was San Francisco 28 and Dallas 27 with plenty of time for the cowboys to kick a three-pointer to win the game. The Cowboys drove down the field to the 49ers 44-yard line with 39 seconds left on the clock and one timeout left. Plenty of time for a score. The next play Jim Stucky recovered a fumble to end the Cowboys drive and any chance of winning the game. Without that fumble recover, their would-be no Catch.

Replies: 21
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic