Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #141 'Tree Rollins'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #141 'Tree Rollins'

Aug 20, 2020, 8:18 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #141 'Tree Rollins'

TigerNet will be posting several historic Clemson photos during this time with little or no sports. Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka® submitted many of the pho Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #141 'Tree Rollins'

Aug 20, 2020, 8:30 AM

Just wondered about him the other day. I think its Stan Rome in background of the first pic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 9:23 AM

Definitely. #3. Loved that era of Tiger BB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Aug 20, 2020, 8:36 AM

It was so much fun to watch those games with Tree and Stan playing!

Aug 20, 2020, 9:07 AM

Didn’t see him walking around campus very often but when you did you knew....”there’s the TREE.”

Aug 20, 2020, 9:50 AM

My favorite memory: Tree called for a foul on our end of the court and it's 1&1. The ref who called the foul was about 5'2". Tree palmed the ball in his right hand, put his left hand "down" onto the ref's shoulder and they walked side by side down the court for the opposition free throw. The ref's head was just above Tree's waste line. Funny site.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 10:12 AM

I had a poster of him on my door growing up. I remember when they came to Charleston to play The Citadel. I was scared to death of such a huge man. I hide behind my Dad but did mange to get something cool on the ball I took to the game.

One of my all-time favorites. I'll never forget when they

Aug 20, 2020, 11:01 AM

announced he was coming to Clemson and I saw a picture of him standing next to the Holiday Inn sign and he was as big as the sign.

I knew then he was going to put Clemson BB on the map.

Greta guy, always smilin', always hustlin'.

I miss the old 7 & 8 team ACC years. You knew who the

Aug 20, 2020, 11:09 AM

players would be returning for all the teams. You also knew there would be a game on Wednesday night and a game on Saturday. REALLY enjoyed ACC basketball back then!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I miss the old 7 & 8 team ACC years. You knew who the

Aug 20, 2020, 11:39 AM

Much more interesting when you played everyone in football once and hoops twice. Sorry BC, Syr, ND, Lou, and other interlopers

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct! You play everbody on the road and got all

Aug 20, 2020, 12:29 PM

of them in your house in basketball. EVERY YEAR! You played in every football stadium every other year. Good times!

On a side note I did notice that in football in the 60's we

Aug 20, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the old 7 & 8 team ACC years. You knew who the ]

didn't play every ACC team every year. Got to looking at it recently related to NC State, who we have played every year only since 71 or so. They were not on the schedule in 68 and 69 or 69 and 70. Seems that there were more OOC games back then for some reason and less conference games. Don't know why

Re: On a side note I did notice that in football in the 60's we

Aug 20, 2020, 12:45 PM

yeah I think there was a year back then we didnt get UVa as I recall. I dont know the reason for that other than we required fewer conf games maybe. Made no sense then to duck UVa.

Re: I miss the old 7 & 8 team ACC years. You knew who the

Aug 20, 2020, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the old 7 & 8 team ACC years. You knew who the ]

Add Florida State to the list. Problem is now that we are THE Team in football, the old ACC would have never given us a chance to play for a title now that we have playoffs.

Aug 20, 2020, 10:12 PM

What a player Tree was! Tree, Nance, Campbell, Davis, where have all the Tiger big men gone?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic