Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LISTEN: Fiery Dabo Swinney says cancellation was due to FSU’s admin not COVID
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 5,186

TNET: LISTEN: Fiery Dabo Swinney says cancellation was due to FSU’s admin not COVID

Nov 22, 2020, 6:55 PM

LISTEN: Fiery Dabo Swinney says cancellation was due to FSU’s admin not COVID

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney held his weekly media teleconference on Sunday, and the majority of the discussion surrounded the obvious postponement of Saturd Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LISTEN: Fiery Dabo Swinney says cancellation was due to FSU’s admin not COVID

Nov 22, 2020, 7:18 PM

Someone is a fast typist.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LISTEN: Fiery Dabo Swinney says cancellation was due to FSU’s admin not COVID

Nov 22, 2020, 8:07 PM

The ACC should cancel the Clemson vs FSU AND the Miami vs GA Tech Games. They are meaningless for the ACC and to the ranked teams involved! The games can only hurt the conferences’s chance of lining up 3 Top 10 teams in Major Bowl games. The ACC have played far more games than other Power 5 Conferences! Miami and Clemson don’t deserve a meaningless game on December 12 going to the Bowl season.

Plus, FSU’s administration is looking out for their teams health, and avoiding a big A$$ Whoopin’ is in their best interest. They have turned FSU into a Dumpster Fire ?? that rivals the coots! We get them both next year!

Go Tigers, Beat Pitt! Get focused!!

Nov 22, 2020, 9:54 PM

This is a bunch of BS, and the ones who cancelled the game are FOS! Specifically, the tests are suspect, and the fact that the rest of the team was ready says that FSU (free shoes "university") was looking for a way to avoid the arse-whipping they were about to take home with them. If there was a positive test, then isolate the infected player, and let the game be played. FSU cancelling tells the world, "we knew they were going to whip our arses, so we decided to take the "high road" and quit. What has happened at FSU? How low the "Seminoles" have sunk! I never thought much of Bobby Bowden, but this is a new low.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 7:29 PM

Nov 22, 2020, 9:51 PM

It's not bc of the ACC, the ACC is actually the 14 team that make up the ACC. It's directly bc of the leadership of the ACC, personally speaking of John Douglas Swofford, the ACC commissioner!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 7:35 PM

Coach expressed the same opinion I have had- no trip back to Tallahassee this year unless FSU pays Clemson’s expenses.

That's my Coach....

Nov 22, 2020, 7:41 PM

I stand with him. I sure hope Dan helps to make this right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's my Coach....

Nov 22, 2020, 8:22 PM

Amen...waste of time to go kick their A$$ ...early in season you need those to tune up on all facets but dec 12 is not when we want to have our best on the field with a team that obviously just has no fight left in the dog....

I am expecting the Tigers to lock it into gear vs. PITT and roll into ACC to beat ND...then Alabama then Ohio State...and a Natty...!

Nov 22, 2020, 9:31 PM

Sounds like Dabo and I agree.

The cancellation of the game was made by the "FSU administration, not the players or the coaches."

If the game is replayed it should be played in Clemson.

I am no fan of FSU administration. Politically, they are like most administrations. They are far more concerned with being politically correct than being correct. Just like Clemson, buildings on campus have been renamed. Etc. (I'm not gonna say more. This is a football board.)

I don't blame Dabo for being ticked. The FSU administration made a decision based on politics, not based on athletics or medical logic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 10:12 PM

Nor did they make a sound decision based on the rules protocol made by the NCAA. Being that the rules protocol was a breach/ignored by FSU, it should be declared a forfeit by the NCAA rules, and declare Clemson the winner, and FSU the loser by forfeit!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give 'em hell Dabo!***

Nov 22, 2020, 10:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's pretty heated.

Nov 23, 2020, 1:15 AM

I get being upset; it was a pi$$ poor decision by FSU and they should held accountable. Totally a screwed up situation.

I understand being upset, but Dabo at times sure can come off really self important and Tone deaf during this call. Even though I agree with 95% of what he's saying, he would have been better with less of a tone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was nothing wrong with Dabo's "tone"! One of the best

Nov 23, 2020, 6:53 AM

things about Dabo is that he shoots straight. He is 100% correct on this!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2020, 5:26 AM

AD Rad will take a low profile and back seat on the cancellation of the Fl State Game. Why? We know Swofford was involved in this decision and AD Rad is bucking to replace Swofford...I am ready to see him go anyway....

Nov 23, 2020, 10:36 AM

Hope DRAD becomes commissioner, then we can listen to the Holes howl and we can give DRAD h...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After cutting Men's Track & XC

Nov 23, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LISTEN: Fiery Dabo Swinney says cancellation was due to FSU’s admin not COVID ]

I'm ready to see DRad leave as well. Like, this week. It couldn't happen soon enough.

My only fear of him being a commissioner for the conference is he'll use his influence of other ADs to cut more olympic sports at other ACC schools.

To the idiot reporter that left his mic unmuted. Thanks for

Nov 23, 2020, 9:01 AM

the pleasure of hearing you type throughout the call.

My guess is Korncoot or Sapacock***

Nov 23, 2020, 9:18 AM

Nov 23, 2020, 10:26 AM

Preach it!!!, Dabo....Cow-a-bunga...

Nov 23, 2020, 10:56 AM

I'm sure an apology will be forthcoming once FSU starts crying to Swoffee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2020, 4:20 PM

I really don't see Dabo backing down from the truth. He wasn't in anyway out of line, he only quoted the rules as they are written, no harm, no foul!!!

Nov 23, 2020, 4:19 PM

If Swofford makes us play FSU December 12, I wonder if Dabo will hang 100 points on em?

Nov 23, 2020, 4:22 PM

He probably would if our offense is up to scoring that many points in 4 quarters. I mean, if he has to pay for two trips to tallahassee, he may as well score enough points for two games!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Replies: 23
| visibility 5,186
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic