Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings

Dec 13, 2020, 11:29 AM

Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings

ESPN commentator Kirk Herbstreit released his top six rankings on Sunday with Alabama, followed by Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio State, Texas A&M, and Iowa State. H Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings

Dec 13, 2020, 11:47 AM

It's not just Herbstreit giving too much love to Iowa St, it's the CFP as well. I recon it's required to have at least one big 12-ish in the conversation. Sheesh.

Dec 13, 2020, 12:08 PM

HillBilly, apparently they feel the need for a Big 10 team to be in the playoffs also. I mean, the sports media talking heads have actually had OSU in the playoffs before they played or won their 3d game. In fact, I think they had OSU as one of the playoff teams the very moment that the Big 10 announced that they had decided to play a short season, didn't they?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2020, 12:13 PM

This "committee" is just as screwed up as the BCS...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 10:21 AM

The 'committee' has not made a mistake yet! The one year I thought they made a mistake for picking Alabama... Alabama beat Clemson and someone else to win it all! The final outcome validated their choice.

I do not think the National Champion over the last few years would lose a game to any team left out of the CFP! Possibly some of the other participants would but those championship teams would have beaten any other teams selected.

That example showed the value of playing one less game than

Dec 14, 2020, 10:26 AM

everyone else, resting, healing, avoiding injuries. Bama didn’t even win their division. Now imagine the advantage skipping five games would give you.

And it doesn’t even matter if they were “cupcake” games. We lost our top LB Anthony Waters to a torn ACL against FAU for Pete’s sake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 13, 2020, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings ]

Yeah, don't confuse my comments below with disagreeing with what you're saying. I for one agree with Dabo and others that b1g shouldn't be considered. As others argue, o41o is a 4 best, I say they may be a cfp team but because of limited games, can't apply eye test.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings ]

While at first glance, I agree with you. But if not them, then who? They were the only conference other than us to play ooc game. I'm shocked and would make a case Iowa st should be 5. ATM is not a good team this year. Too bad they backed out of ole miss because I honestly think ole miss would have given em a game ala Fla. They've only played 8 games and haven't been impressive in most. Fla gave that game to them. Were driving and had 2 stupid penalties and settled for field goal. Last drive they fumbled in their own territory and let ATM get a couple fd and milk clock.

They're setting this up for the chance that Clemson loses this week. Then they will put the winner of Iowa st Oklahoma game in CFP and use the excuse of conference champs. That's why you'll see NW jump to 8th this week. Same scenario, guarantees b1g conf champ. Bama would get the nod as only non conf champ over Clemson because of record.

Dec 13, 2020, 12:23 PM

That would Bama should Fla find an unbelievable way to beat them. They could but doubtful. Either way, point being only way Clemson gets in now is winning Sat. Now, had the Miami/UNC game been reversed, Clemson would have a great arg to make the cfp with 2 losses.

Dec 13, 2020, 2:18 PM

I wouldn’t want to get in with two losses having lost your last game and not winning the ACC

If we can’t beat ND, we’re not beating Alabama anyway.***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:32 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 13, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings ]

It would be weird to get in with 2 Ls but if we are the 3rd best team right now how would losing a close game to the 2nd best team make any team below us jump us??

Dec 13, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings ]

I think they want to create as much interest as they can all over the nation. They know Iowa State won't be there in the end.

Dec 13, 2020, 2:37 PM

There is no doubt the committee would like an opportunity to get new blood into the final 4 whenever they can to escape the criticism of the same teams being in the finals every year.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic