Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his Top 6 CFB ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his Top 6 CFB ranking

Oct 21, 2019, 10:49 AM

Kirk Herbstreit releases his Top 6 CFB ranking

National media analysts are all over the place in their rankings after week 8 action. ESPN commentator Kirk Herbstreit released his Top 6 rankings recently and Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herbie tries to be neutral, but he will always have a

Oct 21, 2019, 10:57 AM

blind spot in his heart, and a soft spot in his head when it comes to overrating the 0310 State Bucknuts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herbie tries to be neutral, but he will always have a

Oct 21, 2019, 11:02 AM

Well, he did play for them so I’m sure he’s elated that they are playing well. We will see how good they are as the schedule improves. His sons having got a lot of pt thus far so he’s not fully on the Tiger wagon. Herbieis usually pretty fair .. unlike Palmer who doesn’t have a clue!

Re: Herbie tries to be neutral, but he will always have a

Oct 23, 2019, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Herbie tries to be neutral, but he will always have a ]

My unbiased ranking (In honor of Mr. Smith).

No. 5 Clemson

No. 4 Clemson

No. 3 Clemson

No. 2 Clemson

No. 1 CLEMSON

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has someone been making fun of Palmer's hair again?***

Oct 21, 2019, 10:59 AM

Re: Has someone been making fun of Palmer's hair again?***

Oct 21, 2019, 11:09 AM

I’m no palm reader or psychiatrist, but I’m pretty certain Danny Kannell does not like the SEC. I think it’s hilarious there is an anti Sec bias analyst.

Oct 21, 2019, 1:49 PM

Danny Kannell is to the ACC what Paul Finebaum is to the SEC

Yeah he is

Oct 21, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Has someone been making fun of Palmer's hair again?*** ]

It doesn't hurt to have one out there though.

Oct 21, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Has someone been making fun of Palmer's hair again?*** ]

They should have been. It is laughable, for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Has someone been making fun of Palmer's hair again?*** ]

Yes, yes I have, and you can not stop me.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his Top 6 CFB ranking

Oct 21, 2019, 11:11 AM

I don’t think there is anything wild about Herbstreit’s Top 6. And, I have not seen any bias from him, just because he went to Ohio St. (don’t forget, his two sons are on the Clemson team).

His top 6 rankings are exactly right.

Oct 21, 2019, 1:15 PM

Plenty of disagreement out there.

Oct 21, 2019, 1:53 PM

Herb can't rank Ohio St 1 and then Clemson ahead of Bama. He would get run out of town.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 2:06 PM

These so called analysts are all over the road, because they are not experts, plain and simple.

Just wait until Nov 4. We will be in the top 4, barring a crazy loss to someone, but I don't expect it.

The chicken game does have me concerned, but hopefully we're rolling on all cylinders by then.

Oct 21, 2019, 2:21 PM

This isn’t exact, but here is an eye test thing that I like.

Most of our hiccups/slowdowns are because of executional issues we have at times on offense. They are not because of talent. If we can continue to improve our execution, then it appears to me that we have greater “upside” potential than the other top four teams.

Each of those teams are pretty much generating at maximum offensive output. They have less upside in that regard than we do.

A big part of the game is about peaking at the right time. We have the personnel. If we can incrementally improve on our executional challenges each week, I really like where we can go. I’d much rather be playing our best football coming into the home stretch, rather than having peaked earlier in the season.

Oct 21, 2019, 3:01 PM

I like that thought. Sure hope it's the right one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his Top 6 CFB ranking ]

Sometimes it feels like our mistakes happen because we're always trying to hit a home-run, to mix metaphors, when a sacrifice bunt is all that is required. Swinging for the fences is a good way to strike out. Doing that with a runner on third and 1 out is just wasteful.

We know TL can make any throw. It seems like sometimes the guys are trying to make it hard to get degree-of-difficulty points (to further mix this metaphor). Just make the easy check-down throws and pretty soon you'll have a wide open guy 20 yards downfield. Why force that throw when he's double-covered just because you can--sometimes those 50-50 balls go the other way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Experts have varying opinions just like everyone else

Oct 21, 2019, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his Top 6 CFB ranking ]

I don't think we are seeing a lot of variance in the rankings because nobody knows what they are talking about, but rather because there are 5 really good teams this year that are all playing at a really similar level and some people just value different things when looking at them.

wow... i'm not being a homer but I am NOT worried

Oct 21, 2019, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his Top 6 CFB ranking ]

about Nov. 30th... this year is going to play out like every other year with us enjoying a 3 touchdown or more win. i've watched them, and they have nothing more going for them other than they are a year older minus bentley. hilinski hasn't seen what it's like to be under fire by Venables, just think back to bentley's first two games against Venables and that's pretty much what you can expect from hilinski or joyner...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow... i'm not being a homer but I am NOT worried

Oct 21, 2019, 5:33 PM

SC is going to be sky high for that game at home. Regardless of their post season, that will be their real bowl game. It would be a historical win for them and make their season if they could knock us out of the playoffs.

I hope they are SKY HIGH for this one...

Oct 23, 2019, 5:19 PM

...it's gonna hurt that much worse when they get knocked back down to the ground...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 3:26 PM

The LSU and AL should get worked out on the field, but I feel certain pundits will try hard to get both of them in no matter what.

Oct 21, 2019, 4:18 PM

Yep, of course they will. That is actually a material risk for us.

Oct 21, 2019, 3:32 PM

The LSU and AL should get worked out on the field, but I feel certain pundits will try hard to get both of them in no matter what.

Let his kids argue with him.***

Oct 21, 2019, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let his kids argue with him.***

Oct 23, 2019, 5:37 PM

His kids will definitely support Clemson. So, unhappy kids will equal unhappy wife, will soon equal unhappy life for Herbie. He will be singing a different toon soon. :)

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic