Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit criticizes LSU's postgame celebration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit criticizes LSU's postgame celebration

Jan 17, 2020, 8:50 AM

Kirk Herbstreit criticizes LSU's postgame celebration

College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit was not a fan of LSU's post-game celebration after their 42-25 title win against Clemson on Monday night. LSU players w Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herbie nailed it

Jan 17, 2020, 8:55 AM

It's wasted breath though.

Wisdom doesn't penetrate thick skulls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herbie nailed it - No he didn’t.

Jan 17, 2020, 12:43 PM

Herbie just skimmed the surface and stoped before it gets hit in trouble. This LSU celebration stuff is strange for a university team celebration. How low class is it to be handing out money? My goodness. If you want to give guys money at least put it in an envelope. What a bunch of low level losers. OBJ is a joke. I bet the man is broke within 10 years, and many of our guys not playing pro will end up accomplishing way more than this idiot. How thankful I am to be affiliated with Clemson. Pretty sure our guys understand what’s up by the time they are a senior, if not before. Really proud of our team, how they carry themselves, etc. I hope our team understands that they are winning regardless of game outcomes, winning by having such a great place to learn how to be a real man and making a positive contribution over a lifetime!!

he went as far as he could publicly......

Jan 17, 2020, 4:16 PM

like someone said, he'll probably even have to apologize for this.

And get numerous threats from Cajunland.

Re: he went as far as he could publicly......

Jan 18, 2020, 8:51 PM

Sore loser!

Jan 18, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Herbie nailed it - No he didn’t. ]

I take umbrage with your statements. OBJ is a former player and does not represent the student body.
Louisiana State University is a phenomenal learning institution. Get off of your high horse and realize you lost a football game to a better team. A team that broke all SEC records and produced a Heisman trophy winner. You can lick your wounds over your football loss to our superior team, but don’t your ever attack our university! Love purple, Live gold!

Jan 18, 2020, 11:35 PM

Phenomenal learning institution? Lol, y’all are ranked nowhere near Clemson brah

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit criticizes LSU's postgame celebration

Jan 17, 2020, 8:56 AM

This is going to be classic Ed Orgeron. The NCAA has been right behind him his entire career. Everywhere he has been has gotten in trouble. His apologists will say that it was never, but always someone else. Just watch. The best team won the title this year no doubt, but the aftermath over the next 2 to 3 seasons will shake LSU to its core.

Jan 17, 2020, 9:00 AM

I agree. I really like coach O. Burrow came off extremely cocky in pregame interviews. Every pregame and postgame interview I have heard with former LSU players was completely lacking class and humility. Makes me so thankful for how Dabo has developed our program and how current and former Clemson players conduct themselves.

Jan 17, 2020, 9:22 AM

Dabo would have completely blown a gasket if that would have happen after any of our games, and the X player that jeopardized the program that he has worked so hard to build, I think Dabo would have ask them to not come back bc they wouldn't be welcome!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit criticizes LSU's postgame celebration ]

Burrow will get knocked down a peg or three when he reaches the NFL. His cockiness needs a few big hits to bring him back to reality...

Jan 18, 2020, 8:54 PM

Blah blah blah—

Jan 18, 2020, 2:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit criticizes LSU's postgame celebration ]

rhettfla said:

I agree. I really like coach O. Burrow came off extremely cocky in pregame interviews. Every pregame and postgame interview I have heard with former LSU players was completely lacking class and humility. Makes me so thankful for how Dabo has developed our program and how current and former Clemson players conduct themselves.

I like Coach O, but Burrow is classless, cocky trash. He would have made a good coot. I hope the Panthers don’t trade up to draft him.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit criticizes LSU's postgame celebration ]

Give me a break! Joe has the credentials to back up any of his cockiness! Sore loser!

Well stated. But ol Kirk will be tweeting an apology

Jan 17, 2020, 9:03 AM

Before the weekend is over. Can't be dissing the SEC like that.

yep.

Jan 17, 2020, 12:56 PM

yep.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 9:05 AM

Dear Herbie...you don't get it...this is their culture and what you saw and what you heard is the real them...a tiger (even a fake one or a pelican) does not change its stripes...bet the English department at LSU is proud of what was spoken in the locker room...starts with Ed, the AD and is supported by the school, directors, board & faculty! Lets not forget the SEC (bet Saban was ashamed) & the NCAA! Networks and everyone else had to close their ears to the vulgarity, filth and attitude...cash is just a topping on the swamp cake! Go Tigers! LSU won...we'll see if they can live with it!

Jan 17, 2020, 10:04 AM

I did not watch any of the post-game festivities. I am curious as to what was said that was vulgar Etc. I have seen the videos about the money and the cigars.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 12:10 PM

just look up and listen to the song "NECK" that LSU fans were singing all night -including children

Does anything ever get yelled

Jan 17, 2020, 2:40 PM

between the O and N when CLEMSON is spelled out?

Our team did nothing to prevent their band from playing Neck.

I’m sorry, but I whole-heartedly disagree.

Jan 17, 2020, 3:55 PM

It’s one thing to have to explain to your children why not to say the word “f*cking” in between the letters...it’s a whole ‘nother beast when a grown man is yelling AT your daughter “suck this tiger d*ck b*tch.” It’s lower than low.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Novelty cash*** I mean, that's what LSU called it right?***

Jan 17, 2020, 9:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

It's not like it matters...

Jan 17, 2020, 9:27 AM

The NCAA was never going to so anything anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

that original reaction from admin...

Jan 17, 2020, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Novelty cash*** I mean, that's what LSU called it right?*** ]

makes the optics all the worse.

Not sure there is quality in the admin. Some heads would be rolling in an organization concerned with ethics and public relations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is 100% correct...

but if I was him, I wouldn't have said anything.

It comes across as sour grapes since his boys attend Clemson, but more importantly, it's falling on deaf ears.

They couldn't care any less what Herbie or anyone else says or thinks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His boys attend Clemson because he gets it

Jan 17, 2020, 10:01 AM

We are college football's top "program" now. And by that I mean coaches, facilities, academics, and most importantly, culture. LSU will drop next year, and this was probably their one-off natty. Sometimes just good programs ride a talented star to a natty they otherwise would never have. FSU did it with Winston. Auburn did it with Cam Newton. LSU did it with Burrows. Great seasons, great teams. Some are unbeatable. This year's LSU team was one of those fluke teams that rises to the top.

BUT, to stay at the top, and always have a shot at the natty, over and over and over, is FAR more impressive than winning them.

The college football playoff has been in existence since the 2014-15 season. CLEMSON has been in every single playoff since (5 in a row). Alabama had been in every single one until this past one (5 for them also). Next most consistent is Ohio State, appearing 3 times, tied with Oklahoma. THOSE are your elite college football programs. They don't always win. But they're consistently at the top of college football. Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, those are the elite programs right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I've said before...

Jan 17, 2020, 10:09 AM

LSU is NOT the college football blueblood they think they are.

They rode the perfect storm to a Championship this year but it will likely be a while (in fact, a long while) before they get back IMO.

Considering they were a one-pony show. And how they reacted

Jan 17, 2020, 10:15 AM

I tend to agree. Doesn't mean they were not the best team in college football this year. But Dabo is building a program, not a dream season. Means more to me to be consistent making the CFP than winning a natty every year. Just making that top 4 over and over again is more impressive than what LSU did this year. Much more respect for Bama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma, who have also consistently made it to the CFP.

Between LSU's reliance on Burrows, and their reaction to winning, I do't see them being consistently in the top 4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His boys attend Clemson because he gets it

Jan 17, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to His boys attend Clemson because he gets it ]

Coach Richts son was a Clemson player also but he doesn’t always praise the Tigers!

Neither does Herbie. He can't.

Jan 17, 2020, 2:30 PM

Neither can Richt. He can't.

Re: He is 100% correct...

Jan 17, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to He is 100% correct... ]

I disagree with "not saying anything." I wish he had said it on ESPN instead of a podcast, but I'm sure that would have cost him his job. Somebody for ### sure needs to say something. The NCAA needs to "say something", but it won't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's right, but we need to stop talking about LSU. ***

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 9:56 AM

Remember when Saban coached them. You think they acted like this then. Enough said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 9:58 AM

LSU thugs. Kind of reminds me of the Miami Hurricanes in their heyday of thuggery and I hated them. LSU will go back to being Alabama's b**ch. Coach O will be gone within three years...

Jan 17, 2020, 12:16 PM

I said the exact same thing when Burrow pointed to his ring finger. Act like you’ve been there before. I’m completely fine with celebrating but don’t try and show up the other team. Burrow was a 5th year senior who just won the Heisman. Have some class and humility because not only are GMs, coaches, NFL players watching but so are little kids. Every interview I’ve seen he’s really cocky and I know I would rather have a humble QB as the face of my franchise then someone who had 1 great year in college and thinks his ?? doesn’t stink.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are in a better shot as losers

Jan 17, 2020, 12:26 PM

than they are as winners..and we acted more classy in losing as well.

I honestly believe LSU players get this from their fans

Jan 17, 2020, 12:41 PM

Both are classless and exhibited despicable behavior post game Monday night. I saw this first hand and was astounded by the immature and hostile antics of both the LSU fans and players. The only thing that gave me comfort was the knowledge Clemson has staying power and this was LSU’s one hit wonder year.

Jan 17, 2020, 12:44 PM

I agree, many things they said and did was very immature. I am not crying foul because we lost but OBJ really showed his own immaturity by his very actions. It's a shame that what Beckham did soutshines what that team accomplished. Sad!

Jan 17, 2020, 12:55 PM

LSU and their fans are TRASH. There's nothing super about The Superdome.

The NCAA is a joke. All this will be swept under the rug.

I am not pleased that Clemson has scheduled them for a home and home. We could have found a better team than the trash in NO. I would not advise any CU fan to attend the Game at LSU. If you think the trash from LSU was bad in NO, wait 'till you encounter them on their campus. I would much rather play UGA or Florida or Tenn. Or Auburn on a home and home than the trash from LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 1:57 PM

Junkyard--it is hard to know which schools to schedule four (4) years down the road.. look at 2024 Clemson schedule 8/31/24 GEORGIA 9/07/24 APPALACHIAN STATE (APP ST. finished #12 in the final polls this year) 11/23/24 THE CITADEL 11/30/24 SOUTH CAROLINA

Tell me, how good are any of these going to be?

Jan 17, 2020, 3:01 PM

Pick anybody in the secsecsec. That is the almighty standard. As long as you beat any two teams from the secsecsec you will be held in “elite quality competition” according to the great learned talking heads. Win a close one with an secsecsec school (as in the N.C. game) and you ride in the polls. We know what happens when you win a close one with one of our ACC brethren...,you fall.
Not that polls matter until the end of the season but the “logic” of it is maddening.

Jan 17, 2020, 1:07 PM

we all knew what they knew, they are a 1 and done in playoff for awhile. i like coach O but not much chance they make the playoff next year or the following 4-5 years. he just got lucky with a qb transfer that was great for 1 season.

Jan 17, 2020, 1:13 PM

Watching that "celebration" made me realize how lucky I am to be a Clemson alum and rooting for the Tigers. IMHO, we dealt with winning better than LSU (judging by last year's CFP and from this year's Fiesta Bowl) - we were humble, gave credit to a worthy opponent and acted like we've been there before. We also dealt with the loss better than Ohio State (again crediting the winners, focusing on what we can do better and not blaming the refs). This is the reason we are perennial contenders and I have no doubt that we will be back on this stage next year.

Jan 17, 2020, 1:39 PM

I am not a rich man by any means- I love the underdog-- I am a Clemson fan. I can not imagine anyone who does not have respect for Coach O.

Odell Beckham wanted the limelight on himself-- this game was not not about him-- it was about the hard work the players and coaches put into this program-- Coach O. slept in his office Sunday night through Wednesday. it was not OBJ--he is a pompous, self-centered, egotistical brat.

I predict LSU will be back to running more next year and fail again

Jan 17, 2020, 1:55 PM

It’s what Coach O knows. Burrow gone. Don’t forget he was a 5th year qb. Brady gone. Jefferson, Moss, Helaire gone. The kind of precision passing they needed will be gone. Chase will be back but can’t carry a team as a receiver. Defense lost NFL caliber people and more importantly second best DC in the country. LSU will be good, but this years championship will fade fast. LSU is a sell. Clemson continues to be buy and hold.

Act as if

Jan 17, 2020, 2:42 PM

You respect the game
You respect your opponents
You respect your fans

You've been there before

Jan 17, 2020, 3:18 PM

He is absolutely right.

Jan 17, 2020, 4:23 PM

The 2019 LSU Tigers are the 2003 Miami Marlins of college football - except without the all the South Florida "class".

LSU is a One Time Natty Winner and they know it

Jan 17, 2020, 7:10 PM

The coaches and players acted very immature. Building a winning PROGRAM is more than a one time season. Their immature fans will soon understand that fact when Alabama beats them like a red headed step child next year and sends them back to reality.

Separate Herbie's boys from Clemson

Jan 17, 2020, 7:19 PM

Kirk has a platform and, when appropriate, feels he can use it to 'BETTER' the game he loves. Let's face it, the behavior displayed these days flies in the face of how many of us were raised...and how we raised our kids. 'Look at me' is not a justifiable position to take when you're acting just this side of 'used toilet paper', or 'tripping an old woman crossing the street'. Why excitement over success can foster reprehensible behavior escapes me. If your parents/grandparents would cringe...why do it? Life isn't just about you...it's about who you represent...and you can't be selective as to when you represent those who came before you.

Now...if your family/ancestors don't matter to you...carry on. But...actions have consequences. Einstein said so...in different words! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 8:51 PM

Give me a break! Yet again, sore losers. LSU beat Clemson and y’all can’t handle it! Also, as far as Joe Burrow being cocky, he has the credentials to back it up! Get over yourself! There is always next year. There is only 1 Tiger team, there is only 1 DEATH VALLEY and it’s in Baton Rouge and there is only 1 LSU!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Jan 18, 2020, 10:06 PM

You did beat us and we gave your team the kudos they deserved. Your team played like champions during the game. Your team and fan base acted like trash following the game. “Suck this tiger d*** b****”??! That’s what your culture is based on? Enjoy this Natty victory, it will probably be a long time before you get here again. Meanwhile Clemson will continue appearing the the playoffs every year.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic