Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Jeff Scott writes heartfelt thank you letter to Clemson family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Jeff Scott writes heartfelt thank you letter to Clemson family

Dec 10, 2019, 8:54 AM

Jeff Scott writes heartfelt thank you letter to Clemson family

Former Clemson co-offensive coordinator is the fifth head coach in South Florida history which was announced on Monday. Scott wrote a heartfelt letter to the Cl Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Jeff Scott writes heartfelt thank you letter to Clemson family

Dec 10, 2019, 9:05 AM

Coot!!!

Too soon?

Dec 10, 2019, 9:07 AM

A member of the family has left

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May God continue to bless you Jeff Scott

Dec 10, 2019, 9:25 AM

Thank you for all you have done for Clemson University

Dec 10, 2019, 10:04 AM

I'm hurt and jealous that another team gets one of the great coaches that we had at Clemson. I am first allorangeallthetime above all, and I believe that Clemson deserve to have and keep the best of the best coaches at Clemson. Now another team gets to have one of the best that Clemson has help to develop into a polished great coach, and I'm seriously sad for Clemson losing Jeff Scott!!! Selfish, yes, ashamed of it, no, absolute not bc as I've said, I'm first allorangeallthetime, yesterday, today, and to the end of my time here on earth Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 9:23 AM

I'm hurt and jealous that another team gets one of the great coaches that we had at Clemson. I am first allorangeallthetime above all, and I believe that Clemson deserve to have and keep the best of the best coaches at Clemson. Now another team gets to have one of the best that Clemson has help to develop into a polished great coach, and I'm seriously sad for Clemson losing Jeff Scott!!! Selfish, yes, ashamed of it, no, absolute not bc as I've said, I'm first allorangeallthetime, yesterday, today, and to the end of my time here on earth Go Tigers!!!

I think we all feel that way a little bit. I think it's only natural given how well he's done here and how much we love him and the staff that Dabo has assembled. And yes, it's selfish, but I always respect someone who admits it instead of justifying it. That's a BIG thing of mine.

At the same time, it's going to be ok. He'll go on to enjoy the success he's earned and Dabo has known for some time that this was coming. Being prepared is his greatest strength.

Dec 10, 2019, 12:06 PM

Clemson is losing a great recruiter and coach. Tiger Nation will miss you Coach Scott. Best of luck on your next journey.

Dec 10, 2019, 1:43 PM

So how long before we schedule a home and home with USF? Will Coach Scott still be at USF in 10 to 12 years when we will have room on the schedule for them or does he take them to the next level kind of UCF and be left out of the playoffs because USF isn't in a P5 conference?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 9:07 PM

I believe that Jeff will excel at USF while he is getting his feet wet as a college HC, and it want be but just a few years before before a D-! power 5 school takes him away from USF. I was one of those that believed that Jeff was one of the smartest assistants that Dabo had, and I have openly said that I thought that Jeff should have been the one calling the plays for our offence. Jeff is the main one that called the play that beat Bama for Dabo's first NC win. I believe that Jeff would have been more aggressive with our offence than what Tony is. Tony has done a decent job, but I personally believe that Jeff would have been better, and that's just my personal opinion!!!

If not know, Jeff won a state title at Blythewood HS in its first year of having a FB team with Jeff Scott's first job as a HC ever!!! Jeff will be a great HC no doubt, but it still hurts my heart that Jeff and his bright mind will no longer be a coach at Clemson, and I am truly sad for our Clemson Tiger FB team and the players that I believe actually loved Jeff Scott!!! It's truly a sad time for me and for his players, and Jeff Scott will sorely be missed for a long time for all of Clemson FB!!! :( :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 2:11 PM

??????He and his family, including Coach Brad, will always be Tigers. God Bless the Scott Family!

Dec 10, 2019, 2:53 PM

You are not leaving,Coach... You and your spirit will always be here...You just made 70,000 new fans of USF...Go Tigers and Go Bulls...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 7:58 PM

Thnak you for all you have done for Clemson Univ. So proud of you. Good luck at USF.

Dec 11, 2019, 9:35 AM

This is such a hard and emotional thing. I had this happen in my church last year. My assistant pastor was a vital part of the church. His father had literally built it. I had helped train him all the way through ordination. I hated to see him go as he is a beloved friend, but I knew it was coming. I had a plan already in place for when the day inevitably came.

That's the challenge of being a leader with young staff - you know that eventually they will pursue their own interests. Even though it's not personal and there's no conflict, it still hurts because we love those who work closely alongside us. It was very hard to look past my own personal and professional interests and instead be an enthusiastic supporter of his new venture. But in the end it was rewarding to see him get hits own opportunity.

That is why I respect what Dabo and Coach Scott have done here. Goodbyes like this are hard, and yet they are necessary. How they are handled says a lot about the character of the organization. I see the "Clemson Character" on full display here and I think it's awesome. Both USF and Clemson are winners here.

Dec 11, 2019, 9:35 AM

This is such a hard and emotional thing. I had this happen in my church last year. My assistant pastor was a vital part of the church. His father had literally built it. I had helped train him all the way through ordination. I hated to see him go as he is a beloved friend, but I knew it was coming. I had a plan already in place for when the day inevitably came.

That's the challenge of being a leader with young staff - you know that eventually they will pursue their own interests. Even though it's not personal and there's no conflict, it still hurts because we love those who work closely alongside us. It was very hard to look past my own personal and professional interests and instead be an enthusiastic supporter of his new venture. But in the end it was rewarding to see him get hits own opportunity.

That is why I respect what Dabo and Coach Scott have done here. Goodbyes like this are hard, and yet they are necessary. How they are handled says a lot about the character of the organization. I see the "Clemson Character" on full display here and I think it's awesome. Both USF and Clemson are winners here.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic