Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Heisman odds drop for Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

TNET: Heisman odds drop for Trevor Lawrence

Sep 17, 2019, 10:44 AM

Heisman odds drop for Trevor Lawrence

The Clemson Football program has never had a Heisman Award winner in the school's history. This year's team has a few offensive weapons that could potentially b Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's out. It's Jalen Hurts award to lose now

Sep 17, 2019, 10:46 AM

I'll be happy with some championship hardware though. As I'm sure Trevor will be as well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm done talking about the Heisman

Sep 17, 2019, 10:51 AM

Our coaches could clearly care less about individual player stats so I highly doubt we ever win it. If it doesn't happen with Trevor, it never will with our current OC's.

if CJ28 and DW4 cant get a Heisman then kma Heisman voters.

Sep 17, 2019, 10:57 AM

manzel, jameis, scam newton, lamar.....yeah thats a real solid group.

Re: if CJ28 and DW4 cant get a Heisman then kma Heisman voters.

Sep 17, 2019, 11:41 AM

I am not necessarily a Lamar fan, but as far as I know, he has not done anything to deserve being put in that group.

Sep 17, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to if CJ28 and DW4 cant get a Heisman then kma Heisman voters. ]

Lamar was awesome and is great, but Watson obviously deserved it.

Sep 17, 2019, 2:06 PM [ in reply to if CJ28 and DW4 cant get a Heisman then kma Heisman voters. ]

My biggest problem with Lamar Jackson was that he won the trophy in September. The last 3-4 games of the season he won the trophy were terrible.

He appears to be a legit QB at the next level, but DW4 deserved that trophy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Heisman odds drop for Trevor Lawrence

Sep 17, 2019, 11:00 AM

As stated on here before by many others, Dabo builds championship teams in September. By clearing the bench in early season games everyone gets meaningful snaps and experience and builds depth. Again builds depth. The payoff comes in Dec. and Jan. I think our players would prefer a championship over an individual award.

#seeyouinjanuary

There is no I in Team***

Sep 17, 2019, 11:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There ain't no "we", either.

Sep 17, 2019, 11:38 AM

??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: There ain't no "we", either.

Sep 17, 2019, 5:14 PM

There IS "meat" and tea" and "am" and "mat" in "team", but nobody ever talks about that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"ME"***

Sep 17, 2019, 6:26 PM

but not "ME, ME, ME"***

Sep 17, 2019, 6:27 PM

Sep 17, 2019, 11:29 AM

CLEMSON is NOT Heisman-oriented. We play as a team, and play more players each game than any other team has ever played. No way can any one person receive enough PT to rack up the numbers that other teams choose to let their players do. It is what it is, and the Heisman Trophy has become something that other teams can have, and it's all they have.

Sep 17, 2019, 2:21 PM

This is the best and most accurate comment on the situation I have read yet and I would prefer Clemson remain that way

Sep 17, 2019, 11:33 AM

Just give the Heisman to Obama. The Heisman means as much as the Nobel Prize he won, he may as well get it too!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I lost all respect for media Heisman voters since it is

Sep 17, 2019, 11:40 AM

essentially decided on in September (L Jackson) and when Manziel got it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 17, 2019, 11:43 AM

Remember the year Teddy Bridgewater was the front-runner for the Heisman at this point in the season? Yeah, I'm not too worried about it.

Sep 17, 2019, 11:52 AM

wonder what Tua's numbers look like?...the bias against Clemson continues...

Sep 17, 2019, 11:55 AM

Clemson really isn’t a program designed to produce a Heisman winner! That’s a good thing, I think!

Sep 17, 2019, 11:58 AM

Who cares about that award. The golden one is the one he’s got his eye on! ??

Sep 17, 2019, 11:58 AM

Who cares about that award. The golden one is the one he’s got his eye on! ??

Sep 17, 2019, 12:32 PM

For any player, the best case scenario is to win the Heisman their final year in college. Same holds true for TL.

I'm good with Jalen Hurts or Tua winning the Heisman, especially if we face them in the CFP.

Sep 17, 2019, 12:38 PM

NCG MVP > Heisman Trophy

Joe Burrow? Siriusly?

Sep 17, 2019, 12:40 PM

I unplug my nose in their direction. When he runs up against a good defense, Burrow is BELOW average. Hide and watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Burrow? Siriusly?

Sep 17, 2019, 2:07 PM

Did you just say Kirby can't defense ?

DB23

Re: Joe Burrow? Siriusly?

Sep 17, 2019, 5:10 PM

The only Georgia he has played is Georgia Southern? Time will tell this year, but from last years games:

22 pts vs a middling defense Awbarn
19 pts against Flippy Franks and Flurida (LOSS)
19 Pts against Miss State
0 pts against Bama (LOSS)
24 pts against the Mighty Hanging Chads

Not exactly Heisman worthy production. Truth in reporting, the three games of theirs that I watched completely last year were Awbarn, Flurida, and Bama, not his finest hours.

He did hexplode for 72 pts in the 97 OT loss against the Bimbos, and I will be eternally grateful for the 40 pts he put up to shut up UCF at the end of the year.

As far as this year, he did put up 45 vs Texas, but the jury is still out on whether Texas will be good or not. His other two games so far this year were against danish pastries.

It will be Jalen Hurts...

Sep 17, 2019, 1:29 PM

Third straight year the OU defense will be bad enough to keep the starter in the game building Heisman-level numbers for four quarters.

Plus ESPN will be all over the human-interest story of his SEC days. It just meant more.

Sep 17, 2019, 1:43 PM

I would be willing to bet that Trevor could care less about the Heisman, he would except it if offered, but his thought are not on winning that IMO, that worthless junk, and that is what I personally feel that it is. Voters have taken what the Heisman was first meant to be, and what type of athlete it was meant for. Voter has completely taken the true meaning away from what the Heisman trophy, and what John Heisman meant to college FB. The Heisman was originally meant for a single player on a team that done the most to help his team to win games. And that one player on who ever the team was, was never said that they had to be a QB or a RB, it was first said the Player that done the most to help his team to win games.

The Heisman organization and/or the voters has somehow rewritten or re-worded the criteria for a Heisman candidate to mean a QB or RB, and that isn't what the Heisman candidate was first meant to be for. It was the one player that done the most to help his team to win games in all of college FB, and it never said that the player had to be on a undefeated team, but that does help to narrow that one play down. The Heisman trophy is now a worthless piece of junk bc the context of what a Heisman player is, that criteria has been taken out or away from its original meaning IMO bc, the criteria they use today wasn't the criteria they used 55 years ago when the Heisman meant that a Heisman player was a very special FB athlete, he meant everything to his team bc without him, they wouldn't have been as good of a team as they appeared to be with that player. That is who and what a Heisman candidate had to be before being considered as one of the three candidates to vote for, and those candidates didn't have to be a "QB or a RB", it was originally "any player that did the most to help his team to win FB games"!!!

My opinion is that the meaning of what a Heisman player truly is, is bc News Papers and sports media hired a bunch of writers that had never played a game of FB in their lives, but bc they had a a degree form some college that said those students passed the classes needed to become writer at what level or profession they choose to write about. They go to work for a media service whether it's a news paper of sports magazine, and whenever jobs come open for what ever subject they need a writer for, and Billy that don't know a things about sports raises his hand or applies for the job within, gets the job and starts writing about a subject they know nothing about, like in sports but they they can do the interviews and write about what they have learned so far, and now they have an invitation to be a voter for what ever that they don't know the in's and out's of the subject that they now have rights to vote on, and all through the sports media there are people writing about and voting on thing they're actually not the best qualified to write or vote on. With things like the Heisman that they are being ask to vote for, most of they are voting for who they have been told or advised to vote for, and more times than not, they get it all wrong. A Heisman voter should be done only by people who have been in or around the sport of FB no less than 10 years of being on the job as a FB sports writer, or connected to the sport of FB by some close means so they have some knowledge of what they are voting on/for....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are 31 NFL GM's

Sep 17, 2019, 2:12 PM

Laughing out loud at Heisman predictions. (Houston has no GM, for the wise-cracker who was most certainly gonna say there's 32 teams)

And Bill Belichick is already scheming how he can trade AB and an as yet undrafted QB to get TL.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 2:49 PM

Clemson plays to much defense to get inflated stats from shootouts

As odds of winning national championship increase

Sep 17, 2019, 2:53 PM

with each win. ANOTHER national championship. Go Trevor!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 17, 2019, 4:41 PM
2thdrq.jpg(192.3 K)

This is a good thing...

Sep 17, 2019, 4:53 PM

That award is so full of "you know what".

I stopped watching that award after DW4 was dissed.

Like CDS said, DW4 didn't miss out on the Heisman, the Heisman missed out on DW4.

TL will be a better man not having any party of that sham award.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Sep 17, 2019, 6:43 PM

The Heisman has become a bit of a joke of late, but I'm sure it would mean a lot to T-Law to win it. We all know he's the best player in the country. He's got to prove it on the field and eliminate some of those mistakes. And if it doesn't work out for him this year then I doubt he would be disappointed in another golden trophy. Go Tigers!

Sep 17, 2019, 7:01 PM

I love TL but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little glad that some of the spotlight has been taken off of him. When you start calling a 19 or 20-year-old young man "the greatest of all time" it can't help but get in your head a little bit, even for someone as level-headed as Trevor. I think he has been trying to play up to the rhetoric and that has added some pressure and taken some of the fun out of the game for him. Now he can just go back to being Trevor and focus on getting better week to week. Winning will take care of everything else and winning is really the only thing I want TL thinking about.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 7:54 PM

The Clemson Football program has never had a Heisman Award winner in the school's history. This year's team has a few offensive weapons that could potentially b Read Update »

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

“4th lowest” should be “4th highest”

Sep 17, 2019, 7:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Thankfully TL16 is a Team Guy 1st.

Sep 17, 2019, 8:01 PM

I think Trevor's and Etienne's Heisman odds dropping is why some people on Tnet have hinted toward wanting to get rid of or have TE leave. Or to get on here and criticize the offense for not being more dominant.

These guys want to win 1st. It is what was drilled into their heads when they were early enrolls to Clemson on day one to now. Team 1st. As long as they can help the team win they are doing their jobs fine.
Many people want what other programs have had. Heisman winner. Big stadium. Etc.

Be patient folks - there is still time and neither player is done for if the season plays out like we all think it will.

Plenty of impressing can still happen between now and the 1st weekend in December! Be patient!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic