Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Four more Clemson players make decisions on 2021 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Four more Clemson players make decisions on 2021 season

Jan 26, 2021, 12:41 PM

Four more Clemson players make decisions on 2021 season

Four more Clemson players have made their decisions on whether to return for the 2021 football season, TigerNet has confirmed. The NCAA granted an extra year of Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Four more Clemson players make decisions on 2021 season

Jan 26, 2021, 12:50 PM

Well dang! I could see JC moving on but I really expected Cade to stay this season. We don't need any more hits to our OL as we all know it's a work in progress now as it is.

Jan 26, 2021, 1:29 PM

I thought I remember seeing here that he was staying. This was about a week ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 1:55 PM

If they can start or play significant quality time, I wish they would all come back. It really helped in the 2018 Championship Run!
The time they spend at Clemson will be some of the best time of their life!

Jan 26, 2021, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Four more Clemson players make decisions on 2021 season ]

I remember in the write-up on oline grading they were saying everyone was returning except Carmen and how fierce the competition was going to be this spring. That was 2 weeks ago.

Rs senior grad student that graduated last May. Got some kind of real estate certificate or something. 5 years is a long time. I imagine he and Spud probably got something cooked up. The boys probably ready to get out and make him some money. Hope he stays local. Big family with Clemson ties.

Don't blame him honestly. He stayed relatively healthy so get out while you still have a decent pair of knees. Lol

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Four more Clemson players make decisions on 2021 season ]

Well didn't we have a big time highly skilled center that signed in our recruiting class last season, or this past signing class. I'm on my phone at pain management, and I can't do the search, but I think that we did. And if so, that's probably the reason that Cade has decided to go...But that is one of the best things about our coaches recruiting as well as they do. The next man up isn't as terrible as it use to be. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 2:48 PM

You are correct sir. His name is Ryan Linthicum. I was actually I thinking he may start anyways. He played HS ball with Bresee. He definitely has a nasty streak about him and is an early enrollee. Hopefully we have a few young guy on the o-line starting. I’d like to see them build continuity and consistency together.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 7:02 PM

I doubt he would start next year as a true freshman. That’s hard to do at that position.

Jan 26, 2021, 7:43 PM

^This^.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Four more Clemson players make decisions on 2021 season ]

I doubt he would start next year as a true freshman. That’s hard to do at that position.

Yes, it's hard to do unless you happen to be very talented. Kyle Young didn't miss a beat coming out of high school and started as a true freshman and to my knowledge didn't miss a game in four years. Blue chip recruit coming out of Daniel and went on to be a 2 time All American. He's in the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame.

Jan 26, 2021, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Four more Clemson players make decisions on 2021 season ]

T-Law did, Bresee, Murphy, and Ross should have. Is it hard to do, sure. But with some of the guys that have come in lately it wouldn’t surprise me.

Excited to see Foster return in 2021

Jan 26, 2021, 12:54 PM

Two years ago he was really cranking up his game at DE. So I’m pulling for him to get healthy, get strong, and bring that energy back to the DL. Many out here are pulling for you big fella!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 1:23 PM

Good bye Cade and thanks for playing. You did your best and go Tigers

Jan 26, 2021, 1:44 PM

I welcome back Justin and Regan and hope 2021 is banner year for them and our team. I appreciate all that JC and Cade did and hope great things are in their future. Hope they enjoyed their time here.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 1:56 PM

By my count that's 92 on scholarship at the moment. Or will be when the last freshmen report this summer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 2:08 PM

I believe I read that seniors returning on the covid exemption will not count toward scholarship totals this year. Can anyone else verify that?

Jan 26, 2021, 5:50 PM

You are correct, they do not count against the total.

Jan 26, 2021, 6:32 PM

Yep, just saying we have 92 listed scholarship players. But now that you mention it, only 5, I think, are returning seniors. Does that mean 2 on the list of 92 will not be on scholarship this fall?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 2:10 PM

Welcome back Justin and Regan...here's to a great year for both! Best of luck JC and Cade...thanx for the contributions over the years.

On another note, any ideas when the early enrollees will be assigned jersey numbers?

Jan 26, 2021, 2:44 PM

Where are the guys implying that Jackson Carmon and Mike Jones were leaving because they didn't really want to work hard yet both were starters. SMH......Here we go

Jan 26, 2021, 3:40 PM

Can someone tell me what moving on signifies? Transferring, declaring or just going into the real world to use their awesome Clemson degrees? Thanks for any intelligent or informative response.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 7:04 PM

Going into the real world.

Jan 26, 2021, 5:47 PM

So what does this mean re who is inline to be our center?

Jan 26, 2021, 7:09 PM

Would like to see C. Stewart transfer to Georgia Southern. He decommitted from the Eagles and excepted a PWO with Clemson.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic