Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 98
| visibility 51

TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers"

Feb 6, 2021, 11:33 AM

Former NFL coach Dick Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers"

Some NFL old-timers are not down with Deshaun Watson's demanding a trade from the Houston Texans. 84-year-old former NFL head coach Dick Vermeil was interviewed Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers"

Feb 6, 2021, 11:39 AM

I didn't know DV was still alive. Hmmm.

Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers"

Feb 6, 2021, 12:20 PM

It seems that he has outlived his usefulness!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 1:44 PM

I agree with Vermeil.

Feb 6, 2021, 4:10 PM

I agree with Vermeil.

And could care less what dicky thinks snd EVEN less about you and what you think!

Feb 6, 2021, 9:08 PM

The Texans traded Hopkins so they could pay Watson $39 Million per year on a $156 Million contract with a $27 Million signing bonus. Plus he has a good group of receivers. They fire the head coach (going 0-4) after making the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. Glad they fired the coach (O’Brien) because he was never going to make the Super Bowl!
I understand why DW4 wants out!
BUT after getting the big payday, he’s not going anywhere, unless the Texans get a huge trade premium.
If he leaves Texas for New York, it will be worse, plus he will pay +$4 Million more in state income tax?
Most likely he is a Texan next year, and things get worse for him.......

All of those big numbers and you think increased state taxes are a factor?***

Feb 7, 2021, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Feb 6, 2021, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Lol Coot

Feb 6, 2021, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Hand it to Vermeil, he knows his subject. The man has been wearing adult diapers for over seven years. It's unclear if he believes all adults wear diapers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Socman2 that was funny I don’t care who you are!

Feb 7, 2021, 3:30 PM

Well played

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

I just love how guys like Vermil, and Farve who haven't been relevant in a decade or more seem to find a way on this site.

Feb 6, 2021, 11:39 AM

He's open to his opinion. And I for one, definitely understood the "old school" feelings on things. So I understand him feeling this way. On a side note, never thought much of him as a coach.

Feb 6, 2021, 5:34 PM

You dont think much of a coach who won 1 super bowl and almost a 2nd? A coach that took the eagles from doormat (think current Browns team) and took them to the super bowl? I can tell you hes a legend in Philly. The rams who werent good and beat the Titans? With a cfl QB? Dude, seriously? I question your logic on that one. So he cried about a player....Dabo came close to tears several times.

As to his comments, I agree with him. I run my own business. I value my employees, but im not going to base my decisions on their opinion. No one there has a clue what the big picture is, and they usually are making comments that benefit them and not the company as a whole. Deshaun is a great dude/QB and one of the few reasons I still watch nfl, but I doubt he has enough experience to understand what is needed to run an entire football team. Unless someone has brought him in, included him in ALL the operations and what decisions are being made in different areas, he is not qualified to be making any decision about coaches or gm's.

Feb 6, 2021, 5:56 PM

I look at it this way. Watson signed a contract when there was a reasonable expectation that the team (e.g. the “business”) would value its employees and make a good faith effort to build a winning team.

That just hasn’t happened. The team has definitely not met his expectations as a key employee (e.g. similar to a top salesman for a business). The management also either lied to him outright, or went back on its promise AFTER he’d put his reputation on the line for his teammates.

From my perspective, any employee of any business (or team) should be able to quit and change jobs under circumstances like this. This isn’t Watson “whining”. It’s him expressing that he’s lost confidence in the leadership and wants to move on. He’s got that right - just as any person in a free country does.

I think the Texans and the “old guard” need to stop their whining and realize they don’t “own” the players.

Quite frankly, it’s in everyone’s best interest to move on. Nobody wins if Watson is forced to hold out in order to “win “ the ability to work for an employee he respects and trusts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 7:04 PM

In regards to Deshaun moving on, I agree and would probably do so myself. The Texans are analogous to a certain team in cootlumbia. In this day and age where contracts arent worth the ink they are written with and the NFL sees players as meat for the grinder, hes got every reason to leave. That wasnt my point. Deshaun shouldnt be making decisions for coach or GM. He doesnt have the experience. Hes not stupid, hes not crass, belligerent, egotistical or self centered. Hes just not experienced. Hes not part of the day to day operations that run a large operation. He very well may be able to do that at some point in his career, but thats not today. I also agree it was incredibly stupid for Texans mgmt to have shouted to the world that they would include him in the decision. Major PR move that backfired, but that goes along with everything they have been doing. Not in any way am i defending the Texans, he got used. They wanted to appease him and they screwed the pooch

Feb 6, 2021, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

P.s. love the handle.... Troutslayer

Feb 6, 2021, 7:38 PM

??. Thanks. Though, some days the handle is more wishful thinking than reality. Good conversation.

I don’t have much of an opinion on management’s decisions in whether or not to incorporate Watson and the players into the process. From what I understand, they just agreed to work with him to include the player’s perspectives into the overall process. Just one voice among many. I’ve seen similar when a senior scientist at a company I once worked for was part of the interview panel. I’ve seen that work out really well, especially when management wants to get buy in from the technical staff (who were the heart of the organization). However, regardless of our opinion on whether they should have incorporated Watson and the players into the process, the key thing here is that they didn’t live up to their commitments.

The really stupid part here is that McNair ignored the process they’d spent months and $100’s of thousands on and go hire someone who hadn’t been part of the process to begin with. And this was done while they were reputed to have been negotiating a contract with Omar Khan - after Easterby whispered in McNair’s ear. If McNair wanted to hire Cesario, all he had to do was expand the process to include him. Wait a few days and talk to the hiring panel about it. Be honest, straightforward, and stay committed to the process. McNair basically just threw that out the window on a whim (a bit like a Coot-Petrino cross breed). I don’t think any reasonable person could trust an organization and it’s owner after that.

At the end of the day, trust and mutual respect are at the heart of all good organizations. If you don’t have that, then what do you have?

Cheers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 8:28 PM

Pretty much the basis for any good relationship.

Tight lines, my friend

Feb 7, 2021, 12:03 PM

Thanks my friend. Tight lines indeed! Drop me a line if you’re ever in North Idaho. I know of a few hidden holes that are still out there.

Cheers

Feb 7, 2021, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

What I have read says that Cal McNair told Deshaun that he would be involved in both hirings without asking too be involved. He feels like McNair lied to his face. Why is that Watson being a baby. All the money the owners pay them gives them this power. Sounds like McNair is a privileged guy who has no business running a multi billion dollar organization

Feb 11, 2021, 6:17 PM

The issue is with the owner and the odd relationship he has with Easterby, NE’s former team Chaplain (says a lot by itself) that was hired several years ago. A major suck up to the owner who has caused the major power struggles and the many departures and poor trade decisions. Their team president Rootes (and Clemson grad) the latest to depart due to the misdirection and overall management of the team.
While most stand behind Watson’s decision, I’ve seen the comments recently by some where he should just “shut up and dribble” and since paid, they own you. These are thoughts of the sixties, and a redneck view in todays world (like DV’s view).
There have been things that have happened and said, that have not been brought to light. DW took the high road by only saying he wanted to be traded. JJ Watt wants out as well. If this drags on, these “things” will come out and it will get very ugly for the Texans and the NFL. As the Texans organization burns, the owner and Easterby remain in their private prayer circle, awaiting guidance. Unfortunately, Easterby is such a snake - maybe it’s the devil providing the guidance?
For Clemson fans, be true to what we know - Deshaun’s character and heart should be unquestioned. The devil is in the details, and some of the details have not been brought to light, yet.

God bless Clemson and Deshaun, go Tigers!

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Troutslayer, how many of these common folks you’ve compared to Watson make 35-40M per year?

Feb 6, 2021, 10:21 PM

$35k or $35m. You either have character or you dont

Feb 7, 2021, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Well, I don’t think DW’s salary matters a hill of beans here. He should have as much right to walk away from a bad employer as you or I do.

Feb 7, 2021, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Well, I don’t think DW’s salary matters a hill of beans here. He should have as much right to walk away from a bad employer as you or I do.

Feb 6, 2021, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Problem is the guys running the Texans don’t seem to have any idea what they are doing so not sure why he would defer to their experience.

Feb 7, 2021, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

No I don't. I grew up closer to Philly than Baltimore, although I am always a Baltimore fan. But when you are closer to someone, reading papers every day, etc . . you get a better read on someone than someone else might being hundreds of miles away . I knew of the crazy crap he did dat in day out. never liked him and I know more I believe . . than you.

Feb 7, 2021, 8:34 AM

Grew up in SC. Had the unfortunate luck of my father being transfered to Delaware when I was about 13. Lived in the upper West handle. So I was only a short drive from Philly. Most people were eagles fans. Had a friend who was a huge fan. I actually went to that nfc championship game between the eagles and Dallas. Colder than a witches tot, that day. So, yes, I'm pretty sure I had some first hand experience with the situation. Everyone loved vermeil.

Feb 7, 2021, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

You dont think much of a coach who won 1 super bowl and almost a 2nd? A coach that took the eagles from doormat (think current Browns team) and took them to the super bowl? I can tell you hes a legend in Philly. The rams who werent good and beat the Titans? With a cfl QB? Dude, seriously? I question your logic on that one. So he cried about a player....Dabo came close to tears several times.

As to his comments, I agree with him. I run my own business. I value my employees, but im not going to base my decisions on their opinion. No one there has a clue what the big picture is, and they usually are making comments that benefit them and not the company as a whole. Deshaun is a great dude/QB and one of the few reasons I still watch nfl, but I doubt he has enough experience to understand what is needed to run an entire football team. Unless someone has brought him in, included him in ALL the operations and what decisions are being made in different areas, he is not qualified to be making any decision about coaches or gm's.

What would you do if you promised your top salesman delivery of a new product and he went out and booked $50 Million worth of sales and out of the blue he finds out you cancelled the product with no notification? Did Vermille trade his best receiver out from under his QB? Did he ever promise to build up the OL and then not follow through? There are 2 sides and most don't know

Feb 7, 2021, 8:24 AM

Once again, I'm not defending the Texans. I'm actually condemning them. Deshaun does not have the experience or knowledge for running an organization that large. They never should have said anything to him about picking a coach or GM. it was a PR move to try and keep him happy. It backfired. They used him. As I also said previously, I would have to seriously consider moving on after that whole scenario. The only thing holding me back would be the fact i had made promises and signed a contract. Smh

Feb 7, 2021, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

I respect everything you said, but here’s where I disagree. It’s obvious that the Texans are dysfunctional and they lied to DW. The president of the Texans is also a Clemson graduate, Jamey Rootes, and it has been reported that he is extremely unhappy, and that he has come very close to resigning a few times himself. I would say he has a very good idea of what it takes to run an NFL organization and has a far better understanding than anyone else involved of what’s really going on and he almost jumped ship himself.And still might and he has been there a long time.

#### Vermeil has no idea what’s going on which is why people like him should keep their mouth shut. In general I agree most of these guys are rich, spoiled, entitled, and idiots, but he is way off base in this situation.

Feb 9, 2021, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

It has been my experience, in all of the jobs that I’ve held in my 50+ years, that the person getting paid more than anyone else does have some say so over the decisions of the people who are being paid less. So I don’t find it unusual that Watson want to be included on the decision making who his support personnel might be.

Feb 9, 2021, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

It has been my experience, in all of the jobs that I’ve held in my 50+ years, that the person getting paid more than anyone else does have some say so over the decisions of the people who are being paid less. So I don’t find it unusual that Watson want to be included on the decision making who his support personnel might be.

He needs to go somewhere and cry some more...***

Feb 6, 2021, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who? Neve heard of her.

Feb 6, 2021, 11:43 AM

Ask him about his Super Bowl win against the Raiders....friggin crybaby

Message was edited by: 1portroyalty®

Re: Who? Neve heard of her.

Feb 6, 2021, 11:46 AM
images.jpg(120.4 K)

Feb 6, 2021, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Who? Neve heard of her. ]

So your opinion of a coach who cares about his players is he is weak? Apparently, you have the same opinion of Dabo, who came to tears several times. He lost to a juggernaut with the Raiders. That team was an absolute beast. #### vermeil took the eagles, who were pathetic, couldnt get out of their own way, and put them in the super bowl in about 5 years. The year he took the eagles to the super bowl, he beat Dallas. They were supposed to roll the eagles. Vermeil outcoached one of the greatest coaches to ever step foot on the gridiron . Dont put that man down. Not until youve walked those shoes

Feb 6, 2021, 6:45 PM

He a bum

We might not like what he said. He is from

Feb 6, 2021, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Who? Neve heard of her. ]

the Old School. He did win a Super Bowl and made a Hall of Famer out of Kurt Warner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is running the team?

Feb 6, 2021, 11:52 AM

The owner or the player?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is running the team?

Feb 6, 2021, 2:10 PM

Depends on the intellect of those reading the story but I doubt many that comment here got very far when they told their manager at McDonald's they were tired of flipping burgers.

Feb 6, 2021, 12:01 PM

There's also nothing in his contract obligating him to endure executive malpractice...

Feb 8, 2021, 7:51 AM

I think a few people here want Deshaun to shut up and take it like a good little boy. The Texans organization is a cluster f#c& and I wouldn’t blame anyone for wanting to leave.

Can we stop with the negativity on Tigernet giving every

Feb 6, 2021, 12:05 PM

washed up has been a voice regarding former Clemson heroes please. Lately this has become a trend and everyone has his/her opinion on Trevor and Deshaun but we don’t have to give them a voice!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we stop with the negativity on Tigernet giving every

Feb 6, 2021, 12:59 PM

No lets just sensor everyone that has a different opinion that yours welcome to the DEMOCRATIC PARTY.......good job to the 1st amendment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 3:14 PM

Where in the first amendment does it say that TigerNet needs to write a story on every opinionated has-been? You may want to read it again.

Feb 6, 2021, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with the negativity on Tigernet giving every ]

*censor lmao

Spider-Man with the self-own

Hard to take anything serious or true from

Feb 6, 2021, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Can we stop with the negativity on Tigernet giving every ]

Anyone named @ick total laughing joke and wasn't a great head coach anyways just trying to make himself feel important again.

Boxers or briefs?

Feb 6, 2021, 12:11 PM

With Vermeil, Depends.

Heard to retort as the ESPN crew left, “get off my lawn!”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boxers or briefs?

Feb 6, 2021, 1:14 PM

Wow, the d-bag who TD'd this one needs to get a clue and a sense of humor

Olass honkey

Feb 6, 2021, 12:58 PM

S T F U

Who changes Vermeil's Depends?***

Feb 6, 2021, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who changes Vermeil's Depends?***

Feb 6, 2021, 1:45 PM

In other news, Emmanuel Ocho is utterly stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 3:37 PM

Acho is a self-styled pseudo intellectual that fancies himself open minded and objective. He has a podcast and show on YouTube titled “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man” Whereby he pretends to have open minded conversations about race. I have watched a few of these videos and nothing could be further from the truth. All of his guests or people that are celebrities or people on the left Who either agree with him or smile politely and shake their head anytime he says anything that needs to be pushed back against. He actually starts most episodes making comments as if he’s laying the ground rules for the conversation, whereby he lists many of the common talking points from the left about how racist America is as if those things are objective universal truths. And it’s from that perspective that the entire conversation takes place.

In other words, his show is one big polite version of, sit down, shut up, and let the black man explain to you how racist you are and how racist America is!

He will never in a million years have a black conservative or any prominent conservative or even objective progressive like say Brett Weinstein or Sam Harris on his show because they would destroy him!

Feb 7, 2021, 9:22 PM

I have no problem believing that but I'll check it out.
I appreciate DW4, but think of all the great QB's who never got close to a SB. It's seems he and his supporters believe he is entitled to a shot at one. I feel for him but can't support his stance. Thanks for your feedback.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 1:12 PM

Other than questioning his character (which is silly in this day and age where people of every profession move jobs all the time), this guy is probably doing Deshaun a favor. This will even more cause him to sink in his heels and make it harder to reconcile with the Texans. They’ll see the negativity and feel like they should give in. Thank you, sir whose name gets censored by TNet! None of us want DW to stay at the Texans, and you are helping our cause.

Go Tigers!

Feb 6, 2021, 1:35 PM

Well, Steven Smith just told DV off for having attacked Watson. DW4 should have tried to leave that them long ago, especially when they traded Hopkins!!! DW4 needs to be able to showcase his talents with a good team, especially one that can block for him.

Feb 6, 2021, 2:06 PM

I was a huge Deshaun fan while he was a Tiger but he never had much of a chance at Houston because day in and day out they were not a good team. As I have stated before, Deshaun and every other player is an employee and must act accordingly.

Feb 6, 2021, 6:50 PM

That’s not how it works anymore. Millennials ain’t scared to leave a bad work situation to better their lot

Feb 6, 2021, 7:28 PM

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or honest. You are describing the perfect coward. situation gets bad, turn tail and run, no loyalty, no honor, no dignity and no balls. Thats what has lead us to the transfer portal.

Feb 6, 2021, 8:09 PM

Lol dead serious. Take a seat buddy

Feb 7, 2014, 1:09 PM

At your table? Not a chance. At this point, ive got more respect for a coot lover.

Feb 6, 2021, 8:53 PM

Chef, what you cookin looks like, sounds like and taste like sh I t

Feb 6, 2021, 10:12 PM

As long as you know what s h I t tastes like, go have another taste. Too bad you dont know what class looks like

Feb 7, 2021, 3:42 PM

Wow, that hurt. Go burn some of whatever garbage you're trying to cook. Chef....bahahaha!

By the way, cooking fries at BK doesn't make you a chef. You probably do look dashing with the headset on though.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:38 PM

Hmmm... Wow. Yeah. Youre the man. Got me there. Just love the class that you extoll. So if I dont agree with you, all of a sudden I'm trash??? Guess I just wont be getting over this one. You really need to start coming up with some intelligent remarks. I'll be waiting at my BK.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Corporations stopped being loyal to employees decades ago. Trust me, I’m a staunch libertarian, true son of the south, But the only loyalty anyone owes is to their family. Furthermore, professional athletes are basically independent contractors. So people talking about loyalty, etc. I don’t even have the proper context for this conversation. Only an idiot or a fool stays on board a sinking ship! And the Houston Texans are an absolute dysfunctional cluster #### of an organization

Feb 6, 2021, 3:38 PM

DV is absolutely correct. I’ll be crucified on this board, but the fact is that DW is a player who gets payed. Shut up DW, make your $$$, and know your dang role.

Feb 6, 2021, 6:52 PM

How many times your wife said the same thing to you?

Feb 6, 2021, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

So you cry about players doing it for the money, but now he's trying to win, you want him to just shut up and be about the money?

In other words, "stop being so uppity boy, you people need

Feb 6, 2021, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

to learn your place."

Feb 7, 2021, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

So, you’re saying that DW should not have the right to change employers? Just as you or I could give 2 weeks notice and then go work somewhere else?

I get that he signed a contract that committed him to the Texans. And that he gave up some freedom in order to get the security that contract gave. Even so, the man still has the right to try and move on with the going “all in” on self destruction.

Feb 7, 2021, 12:10 PM

Apparently you didn't "get that". Watson needs to bloom where he's planted. He planted his roots in Houston. They chose him four years ago and he recently chose them by signing the CONTRACT. I read a bunch of whiney hiney comments by people who speak of watson disrespect. I don't think investing over 150 million dollars into someone is kicking them to the curb. Play ball, period.

Feb 7, 2021, 3:36 PM

How long have you been advising other NFL players? I'm sure Watson will reach out to you. "Bloom where you're planted" is so stupid. Sometimes the soil where you're planted doesn't promote growth.

So when you have the power to change a bad situation, you don't?

Are you still in the first job you had? If not, why aren't you blooming where you were planted?

Feb 6, 2021, 3:43 PM

Serious question: what has DW4 actually said about all of this? I haven’t seen one actual quote from him. He hasn’t tweeted anything either. All we hear is from “sources”. Has he even publicly stated he wants a trade?

Completely agree

Feb 6, 2021, 5:20 PM

Feb 7, 2021, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL coach #### Vermeil rips Deshaun Watson: "I think they change his diapers" ]

Noodle, please stop being so analytical and intelligent.

Feb 6, 2021, 3:54 PM

I have always liked #### Vermeil And agreed with a lot that he says and for about 90% of the players in the NFL that create problems and issues I think he is correct. But he is 100% wrong when it comes to Deshaun Watson. DW simply wants to win but he has been lied to and taken for granted and mistreated and today athletes don’t have to put up with that and should not put up with it.

Houston started out as a great place and all they needed was a quarterback, but unfortunately McNair said a few things that were taken out of context because we are in a hyper sensitive ultra politically correct period in our history and things started going down hill. Then McNair died and the wheels have literally fallen off! Houston is now an incompetent cluster ####!

I am as conservative an old school as it gets, a staunch libertarian, but I am 100% behind Watson!

Feb 6, 2021, 3:56 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I see both sides of this. Watson knew that they had traded away his weapons and that the oline sucked. Yet he signed that big contract anyway. The Texans didn't keep their word. Unfortunately they hold all the cards. He sits out he gets fined and loses his money or he plays and that's that. Third they trade him, but again he signed the contract so they control this.

Old school view

Feb 6, 2021, 7:21 PM

When I had one of my first jobs, my boss wanted me to do a job that I considered beneath me. That night, I asked my father about that. He told me that, so long as the request was reasonable and the boss was straightforward with me, that I should do what was asked. I asked dad about the straightforward part and his answer was: "You cannot trust someone to be your supervisor when they lie to you" To me, this is a clear cut violation of what my dad said almost 50 years ago.

This advice has served me well all of my life.

I don't blame Deshaun at all.

Feb 7, 2021, 7:42 AM

Watson signed for all that money knowing the team sucked and was only going to get worse once they tied up a huge chunk of their salary cap on him. Now he wants out but where does he think he's gonna go thats clearly better? Texans won't let him go without bending over whoever wants him so wherever he ends up will also have too much cap space tied up on him and they won't have any decent draft picks for the first few years to boot. Seems like he would have been better off waiting to become a FA. If he thinks he's Lebron and thinks he should get to pick his head coach then he's clearly delusional, but as someone else said, we've not actually heard him say much at all about any of this so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:18 AM

Vermeil was over the top using the language to describe DW4. DW4 was not thinking in my opinion to take the contract knowing the overall situation in Houston. His career will be shortened by all the physical abuse he takes. If Houston told Watson that they would listen to him regarding GM and coaching decisions, they were silly to do so and dishonorable to then not follow through. I absolutely don't blame him for wanting to leave, but also feel Watson at this point is naive to think he understands the ins and outs of running a team. It would appear Houston is completely clueless how to do so also. I see it both ways. DW4 is a very highly compensated employee and if I were running the organization would not have made any promises. However, if I had opened that door, I would have honored my word. It's a big mess now and no one looks good. I would have thought DW4's agent would have informed him that if it ain't in the contract, it's not ever to be trusted as being valid. I wish DW4 well, but he is still a naive young man about the ways of the world. People lie.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Dlck,

Feb 7, 2021, 9:31 AM

Show us your Super Bowl trophies...

Re: Hey Dlck,

Feb 7, 2021, 9:50 PM

Ummmmm. He won 1 with the Rams. Beat the Titans. It was the game where the Titans almost came back, but got stopped inside the 5 to end the game. Vermeil had a no name cfl QB called Kurt Warner.

That's a very immature and classless thing to say ####!!***

Feb 7, 2021, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 10:24 AM

Another ahole trying to stay relevant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 1:01 PM

I used to respect Watson. Not anymore. He gets what he deserves. He made his bed now he can sleep in it. It's the price you pay for being a woke cry baby

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 1:07 PM

They act like this is something new. Players have been demanding trades for a long, long time. John Elway refused to play in Baltimore.

Feb 7, 2021, 2:51 PM

Vermeil is the one wearing diapers...

Feb 7, 2021, 5:16 PM

If you don't think Deshaun is qualified to have an opinion on who should be the coach or GM what do you think about allowing a man whose primary experience is as team chaplain to be integral to the selection process, i.e. Jack Easterby. Mcnair, who looks more and more like the typical rich man's son, made him the interim general manager.

Additionally, it is generally accepted that Easterby was a driving force behind trading Hopkins because Easterby did not agree with Hopkin's lifestyle.

Feb 7, 2021, 6:10 PM

Quote: "Nowhere in his contract does it say that he’s involved in making the decisions of who coaches or who leads the organization."

Dear #### Vermeil:

Nowhere in his contract does it say that he isn't involved in making the decisions of who coaches or who leads the organization, either, and if the contract doesn't say it, then it's fair game.

Maybe Watson isn't the one who needs a diaper change? Depends ..

Feb 7, 2021, 6:50 PM

At DV age, he probably wears a diaper.

Frankly, can’t disagree.***

Feb 8, 2021, 7:54 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good one ####!***

Feb 8, 2021, 8:36 AM

Sounds like a bitter crusty old

Feb 8, 2021, 9:39 AM

white guy who doesn't like uppity players to me

Feb 8, 2021, 1:00 PM

Love DW4.....and I see how much the Texans have screwed themselves. DW4 wants to keep them from screwing his career. However, Vermeil is right. DW is making alot of money to be a QB for a sh*t team. Newsflash. There are ALOT of QB's getting ALOT less to be in the same position.

Feb 10, 2021, 3:11 PM

Correction, #### needs to change his "depends." Why the blatant disrespect? Did DW4 disrespect the Texans in anyway or make it personal? I'll wait...By this logic, an employee has no right to voice his/her concerns to upper level management or the owner of the company and ask to be moved to another branch or the like? GTFOH...If DW4 is this upset and concerned, it's for a reason. He's a stand up guy and doesn't deserve the shade thrown his way. Especially from an out of touch old white dude...

Its an act of mutiny

Feb 11, 2021, 2:18 PM

They have been good to him. Its unjustified.

Replies: 98
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic