Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson DT commits to ACC school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson DT commits to ACC school

Jan 11, 2021, 2:37 PM

Former Clemson DT commits to ACC school

Jordan Williams is heading back to his home state. The former redshirt junior Tiger is sticking in the ACC and going to Blacksburg, Virginia and the Virginia Te Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck but...

Jan 11, 2021, 2:48 PM

this whole transfer portal thing is going to lead to the ruination of college football.

Whatever happened to working harder and earning your playing time rather than transferring to another school where there isn't as much competition for immediate/more playing time.

That and pay for play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You don't think he worked hard? He changed positions for us,

Jan 11, 2021, 3:10 PM

he's not a DT, he was a project and if he wants to go somewhere else, it's entirely his decision...He just wants to play and he was never going to beat out the people in front of him...He was a recruiting miss, let it go

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree and while you dont like seeing guys leave...

Jan 11, 2021, 4:05 PM

he just isnt going to be a starter at Clemson the remainder of his career unless some guys got hurt. Same with Pinckney, They represented the program very well and want to make a change..it happens.

Now this is a complete contrast from Bowman.

Re: I agree and while you dont like seeing guys leave...

Jan 11, 2021, 9:35 PM

Represented and played well.
Played a good many snaps with respectable stats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't think he worked hard? He changed positions for us,

Jan 11, 2021, 9:33 PM [ in reply to You don't think he worked hard? He changed positions for us, ]

Pretty darn good ball player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good luck but...

Jan 11, 2021, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Good luck but... ]

Some people search of instant gratification or the easy way of doing things.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Good luck but... ]

Congratulations-best wishes and thank you for all you did for Clemson.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Good luck but... ]

Not only that It’s not going to make you a better football player. Being on a top five or top 10 team where you get better is practice. When you are practicing every day against guys that are better than 90% of the teams you play on Saturday you develop into a better player. Also better teams have theoretically superior coaching.

Jordan Williams it’s not gonna get better practicing against Virginia Tech day in and day out. Sure, he might start on Saturdays, but that’s not going to make him a better football player. He will get better if he stays at Clemson. He might not play as much on Saturdays but he will still get a lot of snaps and if he’s good enough he will get to the NFL and be better prepared.

It’s like these kids that come from small private or public schools. They look like dominant players because of the competition they are playing against. Then they get to a Power 5 school and look awfully average.

I also think The NCAA needs to modify the rules. I’m sure soon they will eliminate the rule that requires you to sit out a year because they are already pretty much granting everyone a waiver. But what’s going to happen is kids are going to be transferring over and over. They need to put in a rule that says you can transfer one time without a penalty. After that when you transfer you have to sit out a year. And they need to maintain the rule of five years to play four. That will stop guys from constantly transferring. We have already seen guys that have been to three schools in four years and that’s ridiculous.

Not only does repetitive transfers not help players get better but it’s going to destroy programs because they’re not going to be able to manage their roster, which will force teams to actually use the portal more!

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Wow! How about ‘in my opinion’

Jan 11, 2021, 5:15 PM

Before you rant. Some of these kids just want to play. There’s nothing wrong with that. Also, the transfer rule have changed sort of to what you are suggesting. It’s 2021 and the world has changed dude.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow! How about ‘in my opinion’

Jan 11, 2021, 6:24 PM

Not for the better......

Good luck with lowcntry - dood has an incredibly high

Jan 11, 2021, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Wow! How about ‘in my opinion’ ]

opinion of himself and most of it is completely unfounded based on what we have seen & read around here.

I think his name is Gerald.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Good luck with lowcntry - dood has an incredibly high

Jan 11, 2021, 10:45 PM

Anytime you’d like to prove something I posted as factually incorrect feel free to provide a link that proves me wrong. Otherwise you’re the one morning your mouth.

I don't agree . .

Jan 11, 2021, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Wow! How about ‘in my opinion’ ]

and if he wants to be a sissy and leave . .then leave the conference. Bad move.

Re: Wow! How about ‘in my opinion’

Jan 11, 2021, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Wow! How about ‘in my opinion’ ]

Clearly reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. Obviously I was addressing people using the portal for playing purposes. To be a starter. Yes there are many reasons why a kid wants to transfer. But if they’re doing it just to go start somewhere else that’s a bad move and if you haven’t been paying attention it hasn’t benefited anyone that has left Clemson for another power five team.

Jan 11, 2021, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Good luck but... ]

This is the most ridiculous thread Ive seen here in a while and that’s saying something.

That kid busted his tail, learned a new position, contributed some on the two deep, and most importantly EARNED HIS DEGREE. He met his part of a scholarship obligation. From a football standpoint he wasn’t ever going to start and more than likely next year lost snaps to Caprhart and Williams.

He saw a finished role and wanted to finish out his playing career actually playing and seeing the field some. He can do that at his home state.

Good luck Mr. Williams we wish you well!

Wrong Take

Jan 11, 2021, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Good luck but... ]

At the end of the season, some players move on because the coaching staff has shared with them that they will be 2nd or 3rd team and that those players may want to take their talents elsewhere. It's a grown up discussion. The player benefits by getting more playing time at a different program. The team benefits because it frees up scholarships so they can add new players that may, in time, develop into starters. And some players burn bridges on the way out the door (Kelly Bryant comes to mind). But most players, like Williams and Pinckney, are professionals and keep doors open while transitioning to a new team.

This is not a bad thing.

Personally, I absolutely love Pinckney. He is a beast and I will forever remember him blowing up that Alabama fake field goal in the 2018 National Championship Game. And, Jordan Williams switched positions for us and was nothing but a solid contributor and stellar Team First guy. I wish them both the best. Based on how they handled this situation, I think they'll be just fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wrong Take

Jan 11, 2021, 5:34 PM

Exactly! Dabo and staff have exit interviews with everybody and they are likely very honest about the potential for these gentlemen to play meaningful snaps next year based on roster management. Jordan is probably pretty excited to go back and play in Virginia so best wishes and thanks for everything!

Jan 11, 2021, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Wrong Take ]

I was just about to post similar comments. I do believe most of these discussions Dabo and staff have set the brutally true expectations with players, and players then make a decision based on what seems to be in their best interest. While players, I'm sure, benefit from staying at Clemson, from a character and from the example set by our coaches, I'm feel certain players see what their future at Clemson appears to be. If a guy thinks he's better than his evaluation, he gets to stay at Clemson and prove it, or in these cases move on to somewhere he may have different opportunities. Our staff seems to be very forthright with evaluations. I'd rather have honest evaluations than to have smoke blown up my rear with little hope of reaching my goals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Wrong Take ]

Spot on Fluxus...

Disagree. Student athletes should be afforded every option.***

Jan 11, 2021, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Good luck but... ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: TNET: Former Clemson DT commits to ACC school

Jan 11, 2021, 2:57 PM

Why the hell is everyone leaving Clemson? Did I fall and hit my head? Who WOULDN'T want to play for the Tigers...on scholarship...I must be having a conniption.

Jan 11, 2021, 3:21 PM

Especially a sinking ship like VT. Can't even figure out how to set the sprinklers on top of that.

Mar 8, 2014, 6:58 PM

Yep, and then to add insult to injury, the best coach they ever had raised a son who would stoop so low as to agree to ruin his legacy in cola. Hate it for coach Frank Beemer.

Kinda hoping for UVA or Liberty even...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:01 PM

But happy for Jordan nonetheless...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 3:49 PM

Good luck Jordan, I appreciate your hard work and the contributions you made to Clemson.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 3:54 PM

Best wishes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 7:30 PM

Hate that he left, but hope he finds what he's looking for.

What's the problem with a guy graduating and transferring?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:42 PM

I wish Jordan the best. He gave 4 years on the field and in the classroom.

What more can we ask of him?

Re: What's the problem with a guy graduating and transferring?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:46 PM

He could decide to transfer to another conference beside the ACC. Hope he wasn’t asked to come there to try and give up information like ones that went to coot country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the problem with a guy graduating and transferring?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:52 PM

Jordan did everything asked of him here and his choice is fine with me. There is no reason for him to consider our feelings in this decision. He gave his best at Clemson and now it's time to do what's best for him.

Thank you!! Some of you fail to mention or

Jan 11, 2021, 10:30 PM

realize both of these guys have graduated. In fact Pinckney has 2 degrees from Clemson. Ever thought it may make more sense to get a grad degree from somewhere different than your undergrad. You have no idea what these guys are pursuing off the football field. Good luck to both!!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic