Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Finebaum thinks Kirby Smart took a jab at Dabo Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

TNET: Finebaum thinks Kirby Smart took a jab at Dabo Swinney

Apr 28, 2020, 11:48 AM

Finebaum thinks Kirby Smart took a jab at Dabo Swinney

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart was interviewed by Paul Finebaum last week and called out coaches that were negatively recruiting his team. "You probably would b Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS you skinny little P...k!

Apr 28, 2020, 11:56 AM

I heard it live on your ESPN/SEC streaming radio site and Kirby was talking about “coaches” and not “A” coach.

Yes, Dabo at times eats his lunch on acquiring some great Georgia born players (TL16 & others) but our coach wouldn’t mention a conference being easier, over another IMHO.

Hey, if Dabo had your easy & natural pickings of super-talented in-state Georgia born players, Clemson would probably have won 5 CFP Natties..rather than the 2 of 4 they played in..compared to Georgia’s O!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not nice to call

Apr 28, 2020, 12:34 PM

Tony [2x4] names like that, Bill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: TNET: Finebaum thinks Kirby Smart took a jab at Dabo Swinney

Apr 28, 2020, 11:56 AM

Kirby can only give jabs, unlike Dabo who can give coaches a "knockout". Kirby has Gator arms with his jabs.

Clemson doesn’t even seem to go for many

Apr 28, 2020, 12:29 PM

Of the same guys as UGA- they run dikfferent Os and D that are tailored to diff groups - I imagine it’s somebody like GT or Michigan, PSU etc if it’s true at all- Clemson is getting who they want and all they have to do is sell Clemson and their success- our Gus are about 8 years past having to even mention other schools or conf while recruiting. People are in Kirby and PFs heads - LOL

You and Kirby

Apr 28, 2020, 12:24 PM

You girls need to get over yourselves

2nd fiddle coach and 2nd fiddle commentator

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum is a latent homosexual who has

Apr 28, 2020, 12:31 PM

a crush on Dabo and doesn't want to admit it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Latent? Seems generous...***

Apr 28, 2020, 12:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If anyone around here would know about latent homosexuality...

Apr 28, 2020, 12:55 PM

it would be CUTiger1989®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You're dadgum right!

Apr 28, 2020, 1:00 PM

Wait ... what?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Ol second place Kirby may not wanna poke that

Apr 28, 2020, 12:32 PM

Bear. He’s gonna have to play us sooner rather than later and I don’t think pissing off dabo is “smart”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 12:33 PM

Finebaum reminds me of a Christmas goose. Dabo preaches competing at the highest level. Why would he knock another team that does the same?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 12:37 PM

I think Finebaum is the one taking a jab at Dabo. I don’t think at all that Coach Swinney would be recruiting that way.

Apr 28, 2020, 12:44 PM

Winners think about winning. Losers think about winners.

Who cares?

Apr 28, 2020, 12:53 PM

Is what it is. If SEC coaches are going to live by the toughness of their league then they’re also going to die by it on occasion. CDS and any other coach recruiting against the elite SEC powers would be foolish NOT to point out the grind and the toll on a kid’s body compared to the relatively smarter road. “You’ll have a significantly higher chance to participate in the CFP.” Who can argue against that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

BILL CARES.. A LOT!! AND I CARE THAT BILL CARES!!

Apr 28, 2020, 1:33 PM

I don't know why I care that he cares. But I do.

Re: Who cares?

Apr 28, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Who cares? ]

There is no extra grind or toll on the body from playing in the sec. That's propaganda. Playing college football is a grind at every level. There is absolutely no injury data to back up that statement.

Re: no data

Apr 28, 2020, 8:54 PM

Colleges are not required to report injury data, so there is no comprehensive comparison to be made.

But IT IS TRUE that SEC teams lose more playing time to injury than most other schools. Definitely more than we do.

Kirby's salty over teams that dont lose games they shouldn't

Apr 28, 2020, 12:56 PM

Never disliked him, but that's a pathetic look. Georgia wins 90% of their games, and its because they're a good team. The 10% they lose seem to never been anyone's fault but everybody elses. UGA's lack of Titles is Georgia's fault.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I see the mods are resorting to click bait

Apr 28, 2020, 12:57 PM

to keep traffic up. I am worried that we will not recognize this place in a couple of months.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul is desperate for viewers/listeners...

Apr 28, 2020, 1:08 PM

so he's just trying to stir-up a stink.

Don't take the bait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 28, 2020, 1:14 PM

Finebaum is just trying to be relevant. Insulting Dabo seems to work most of the time.

Who?

Apr 28, 2020, 1:26 PM

?

Apr 28, 2020, 1:31 PM

I don't even believe the claim Smart is making in the first place. It all sounded too much like a way of talking up how tough the SEC is while putting down the other conferences, while also giving him a chance to explain how they don't do things the easy way there.

I don't doubt that there's a lot of putting other programs down as part of recruiting. However, what coach is going to go to a high profile recruit and tell them they should come play at their program because things are so much easier there, that the competition is easier, and that they will just get hurt if they go play in the tough SEC?

Apr 28, 2020, 3:02 PM

Dabo doesn't have to resort to negative recruiting, he has so many more positive attributes here at Clemson. Our facilities and on field results are among the best in the country. Dabo's character and demeanor do not fit the type of person PF is alluding to. If Dabo were coaching in the SEC, PF could never find enough words to praise him.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 1:36 PM

Jawja negatively recruits itself in the last 15 minutes of every game... and sometimes it uses all 60 minutes on some 4 win nobody team.

Apr 28, 2020, 1:47 PM

Kirby ain't too Smart

Apr 28, 2020, 1:56 PM

If Kirby was taking a shot at Dabo and if he thinks Dabo said what Kirby alleged was said.........then this whole incident reminds me of the fake punt Kirby called against Alabama.

It's hilarious. It's transparently stupid. It means Kirby Smart is dumb.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 2:05 PM

Went to both schools so been following for years. Clemson always seems to “coach up”. (Although recent recruiting is at highest level). UGA has always over recruited and under performed. KS has yet to settle in as Head Coach (IMHO) as I see him leaving the sidelines to coach, especially on defense, during a game. Dabo does so only occasionally, and is a better “game/program general.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 2:25 PM

Dabo coaches on the sideline as well but usually he is coaching coaches but every once in a while he goes all in on a kicker.... :) Or any player that takes a swing at someone.... :-{

Dabo Swinney on the sidelines

Apr 28, 2020, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finebaum thinks Kirby Smart took a jab at Dabo Swinney ]

I don't think I can remember an offensive huddle during a time out that did not include Dabo Swinney. We've all seen Dabo coaching the dickens out of players on the sidelines hundreds of times. The idea that he does not coach during games is a non-starter. Calling him a game/program general I think misses the essence of why he is so effective.

So apparently Kirby Smart figures that playing USuK, KY,

Apr 28, 2020, 2:11 PM

Vandy, Missouri, along with Murray State, Arkansas State, a bad Tennessee team, and Georgia Tech was just too much physical abuse to actually line up and play its only 4 real regular season games of last year ..... ND, A&M, Florida, and Auburn??? I know the ACC has been very poor the last couple of years, but it wasn't too long ago that we had 4 or 5 pretty tough teams in our own league, plus we were playing Auburn as an out of conference opponent. But now Kirby can get his wish ad play a lightweight ACC squad in 2021. I can't wait to see us thrash the dogs.

ASSumption, he is one!***

Apr 28, 2020, 2:39 PM

Nah, shot at B1G***

Apr 28, 2020, 2:40 PM

No sports and Paul knows how to generate calls...

Apr 28, 2020, 2:45 PM

say things about Clemson and have our fans call in and then have SEC moron fans respond and poke fun at us. Its the cycle that keeps on ticking on the Finebaum show (can you blame him though, we feed the monster willingly).

I think Smart's comments are certainly meant to resonate with recruits considering Clemson but I cannot imagine his paraphrased comments came from Dabo. Those opposing coach comments are self-limiting belief (take the easy ready) statements and thats not Dabo or this staff at all. Two national titles taking down the Saban dynasty speak for itself...you dont do that running scared of your opponents and desperately reaching for any perceived edge.

Apr 28, 2020, 3:04 PM

All he does it attempt to create controversy. Dabo is like his nemesis it seems. He represents all that Paul doesn’t - honesty, fortitude, integrity, competence, and faith. I can’t wait till Paul #### and retires.

Ok

Apr 28, 2020, 3:43 PM

Let me get this straight, Paul Finebaum said something munflattering about Clemson and Dabo? Holy cow, that's crazy!

He gets ratings by bashing programs that compete with top tier of SEC. Clemson is A-1 on his list.

As for Kirby, I bet he's all bent out of shape that Dabo keeps stealing players out of Georgia. He can make up whatever stories he wants, it won't change the fact that he's a second rate HC who does less with more talent.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 3:43 PM

Why didn't Mr. Whinebaum confront the hypocrisy of Kirby Smart's comment. I mean, SEC coaches tell recruits they don't want to go to Clemson because "they don't play anybody." They conveniently overlook the fact that our Clemson Tigers have consistently beaten the SEC competition. But what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the ACC is too easy, why shouldn't Dabo, or any other ACC coach for that matter, be able to argue that "the SEC is too hard" if that's what it takes to get them to come to Clemson and play for the National Championship every year? Kirby just needs to man up and acknowledge that he's had better players than most of the teams he's lost to in recent years. When that is the case, there may be a coaching problem. So quit you whining and get to work. You've got an Alabama team to lose to this year in the regular season. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 3:45 PM

Well, he was exactly right about the NFL but kids today are smart enough to know that every Clemson game is on television and the NFL drafts Clemson players. It is easy to admit if you have ever been to a game at Duke or Wake Forest the point about playing before big crowds in huge stadiums is well taken.

Swinney Derangement Syndrome

Apr 28, 2020, 4:54 PM

Just like the Donald is to the Dems. Swinney is in all the SEC’s heads. When you can’t beat him make up some #####.

Apr 28, 2020, 5:14 PM

I disagree that it was Kirby of average intelligence who took the shot. Rather it was PF using Kirby for a cheap shot himself. Sneaky and a weak attempt to stir up trouble. Typical PF.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh please. Kirby was making #### up to make up for

Apr 28, 2020, 5:17 PM

his lack of coaching abilities. Guess if Saban gets on board, or has gotten with Kirby then there may be some truth....keyword "maybe".

Since when does he think? Flambum hasn't thought in years

Apr 28, 2020, 5:21 PM

best I can tell. Just flaps in a stream of unconsciousness.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 6:51 PM

I guess Paul needs attention at home while his usual routine is changed.

It wasn’t Clemson because he’s not competing on that level, proof/pudding is the little pups losing to 2-8 coots at home...lol?????????????????

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 28, 2020, 8:32 PM

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart was interviewed by Paul Finebaum last week and called out coaches that were negatively recruiting his team. "You probably would b Read Update »

Didn’t seem to hurt how many Clemson players were drafted now did it? Kirby is just salty because he gets out recruited in his own state by Clemson every year.

Apr 28, 2020, 8:33 PM

Didn’t seem to hurt how many Clemson players were drafted now did it? Kirby is just salty because he gets out recruited in his own state by Clemson every year.

Apr 28, 2020, 8:35 PM

Dabo out-recruits South Carolina making them look foolish every year and UGA the same thing. Kirby is salty because he plays second fiddle to Bama and Clemson. Maybe if he wins something his jabs at someone will matter. And finebaum is a Tennessee grad. He’s useless.

Apr 28, 2020, 8:46 PM

This post isn’t even worthy of a reply from me!

Yeah that SEC East has been impossible to win the last 5 years.

Apr 28, 2020, 8:57 PM

They finally have Florida showing a sign of life and now they are just such a hard conference again.

Apr 28, 2020, 9:25 PM

I think Kirby is trying to stir things up. I really doubt Dabo would say that. He is trying to make the ACC look bad and using this as a platform to elevate the SEC. Kirby=whiner

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic