Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN writer baffled by Trevor Lawrence losing Heisman steam
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN writer baffled by Trevor Lawrence losing Heisman steam

Nov 4, 2020, 12:39 PM

ESPN writer baffled by Trevor Lawrence losing Heisman steam

Trevor Lawrence has other concerns on his mind at this point, but one week out versus Boston College and at least one ahead at No. 4 Notre Dame meant a change a Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN writer baffled by Trevor Lawrence losing Heisman steam

Nov 4, 2020, 2:38 PM

If they want to penalize Trevor for missing a game, by that way of thinking, Fields has missed half the season already. He should be eliminated from the award.

Nov 4, 2020, 3:22 PM

Absolutely!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, Heisman voters aren't nearly as logical

Nov 4, 2020, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN writer baffled by Trevor Lawrence losing Heisman steam ]

as you are.

Nov 4, 2020, 2:48 PM

I don't think he should be penalized, and I still think he has an excellent chance of winning it. What I do think hurts him the most is that he's missing the ND game. These types of games are where all the eyes are on you, and when the big performances matter the most. If he played against ND and put up big numbers in a win then it would have gone a long way towards winning it for him. It's obviously not his fault, but it sucks that he's going to miss the chance to show out for the entire country this Saturday.

Just wish Heisman was voted after post season play.

Nov 4, 2020, 3:21 PM

Saying..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just wish Heisman was voted after post season play.

Nov 4, 2020, 3:26 PM

I wish that it was voted on the value of the true meaning for receiving the Heisman Trophy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just wish Heisman was voted after post season play.

Nov 4, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Just wish Heisman was voted after post season play. ]

I totally agree

Nov 4, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN writer baffled by Trevor Lawrence losing Heisman steam ]

Trevor would have never been given that POS trophy anyway!!!!

Nov 4, 2020, 3:21 PM

Them S O Bs would have had Trevor completely out of the Heisman running before the season was over anyway. Like I've said many time time over, and I believe with every fiber of my being, the Heisman has become nothing more than a favoritism award, and in my most honest opinion, the meaning of the Heisman is the bottom of the list of all awards given to exceptional FB players. There are now many awards IMP that better having than what the Heisman has become!!! John Heisman would be embarrassed to have his name on a so called Heisman award that was originally meant for the best all around college player that does the most to help his team to win in all areas of the game!!! It is absolutely very far from that meaning today!!!!

It’s always been that way and more so many years ago.***

Nov 4, 2020, 3:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She’s baffled by a club of college football alum being

Nov 4, 2020, 4:36 PM

biased? Lol

It’s Oklahoma, OSU, Bama, USC, ND, etc and they ALL can’t stand The Clemson Tigers dominating. There is no honor amongst past winners, a bunch of #####. CJ Spiller not invited, Deshaun snubbed, and of course these ani will find a way to cancel Trevor.

Re: She’s baffled by a club of college football alum being

Nov 4, 2020, 5:06 PM

That was their intentions when they started calling his name. They figured a mentioning during the season was about all they could do for Trevor bc, they wasn't about to allow him to have their precious Heisman Trophy, and they couldn't care less if John Heisman was once a Clemson FB HC. To them, that doesn't mean that a small town Clemson player could ever be deserving of the Heisman award, EVER, and CJ, and DW4 has proven that to be a fact!!!!

LOL.***

Nov 4, 2020, 7:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She’s baffled by a club of college football alum being

Nov 6, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: She’s baffled by a club of college football alum being ]

I totally agree. Everyone wants to give so much love to teams in the Big 10 and SEC. It doesn't matter how well an ACC player does, they will never get the same respect.

Nov 4, 2020, 6:32 PM

No explanation for why Fields is so high but in comparing Mac Jones and Trevor, Jones has better stats in everything except TD passes and they both have 14 and have both played 5 games. Don't blame Trevor not playing the entire game because that is Dabo's philosophy and it paid off big time last Saturday. I would not trade Trevor for Mac but Mac is having a Joe Burrow kind of year.

Nov 5, 2020, 8:39 AM

That's the exact point I made to someone the other day.

Burrow was a transfer chump before last year. Sure, he could throw darts from a clean pocket and he did have good escapability if it collapsed, something I haven't seen out of Mac.

I think the whole bama offense this year is geared around keeping him safe and letting the receivers get open to catch balls. IMHO, Najee is more valuable to that offense than Mac.

Seems she’s not aware he’s out against ND. One game out

Nov 4, 2020, 7:34 PM

wouldn’t hurt. Two would.

Nov 4, 2020, 8:48 PM

Does anybody really care about the most over-hyped overblown award in sports?

Of course a bammer is the favorite

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it's supposed to be the most outstanding player!

Nov 4, 2020, 8:58 PM

Travis or Trevor should get it no doubt. I am shocked they would even have the gaul to suggest Trevor is out of it after Fields just started. Now, maybe it's even. They will end up playing closer to the same amount of games unless some Big 10 team pulls a Wisconsin and has multiple weeks of missing games. Would they penalize Fields if that happened?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it's supposed to be the most outstanding player!

Nov 4, 2020, 10:40 PM

Yep, Trevor has played in 6 games, and fields has played in what, 2 games. This just help prove what I was saying about they never intended on Trevor winning their fake trophy. To them, Trevor was just someone to talk about until Field's had a game under his belt. It was over for Trevor at that point, and by Trevor getting covid, it makes their no way Trevor, easier to say!!!

Nov 4, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN writer baffled by Trevor Lawrence losing Heisman steam ]

When they gave the award to that dip wad from Louisville, whose team lost 3 games that year, including to us, and passed over DW, who led his team to a classic National Championship win, that said all you need to know about this third class award. That year’s votes were based on one blowout win over a hapless FSU team that occurred early in the season. So the voters voted early, then wished they had waited. But who learns from those types of mistakes? Not the Heisman voters.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN writer baffled by Trevor Lawrence losing Heisman steam ]

When they gave the award to that dip wad from Louisville, whose team lost 3 games that year, including to us, and passed over DW, who led his team to a classic National Championship win, that said all you need to know about this third class award. That year’s votes were based on one blowout win over a hapless FSU team that occurred early in the season. So the voters voted early, then wished they had waited. But who learns from those types of mistakes? Not the Heisman voters.

Nov 4, 2020, 9:00 PM

I think, for what it is worth, that the fans want TL16 to win the hardware for than TL16!
I think he wants the team to win the Natty- that is the goal.
Anybody that did not think Fields would jump to the top of the list- well you have Orange colored glasses on.

The people that count the most know that TL16 is one of the best players in the country (along with ETN) are his team and the coaches and the fans.

There is no difference from some of the sport writers stating that TL16 has basically given up the Heisman, just because he missed two games- he will be laughing all the way to the bank in a year or two. (hoping he comes back for another year).

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic